Sign in to follow this  
steinbach72

Problem with 8800 GTX and FS2004

Guest cimanera

Mike, I have the same problems. I too am using the 158.22 driversDid the 93.71 drivers get rid of the problem 100% for you?

Guest Flying4Free

cimanera-I'm using the 158.22 drivers for my newly installed 8600GT. I was using the 93.71 drivers for my older 6600GT which solved the problem for that card. Haven't tried using the 93.71 drivers for the 8600GT. -Mike

Hi there,Don't know if my post will be of any help.I originally posted a question explaining my problem with FS. I experienced initially the "jaggies" - solved that problem by FORCING nvidia to overide any application settings, otherwise U can set & change what U want, no effect in FS. That relates to AA specifically.The problem I never received an answer for was the staggering in the lanscape. I was very dissapointed in my new 8800, bacause my old 6800 performed better. Every piece of advice I followed did not seem to solve the problem. ( from forum support to nVidia etc )Purely by dumb luck I found a solution.( all the below was mentioned in various posts, but not these specific combinations en definately NOT FPS, everybody "advised" onclamping FPS to anything from 20 to 40 )Three things cahnged my life1)Buffer pools - set to 12 000 0002)Fiber frame rate - set to 0.013)Frame rate - set to unlimitedI now typically run at 200 to 300 fps ( No bull #### ) and my scenery is as smooth as a mirror. I do get the odd "freeze" e.g. at airports with complex add-on scenery. ( but they are few & far apart)My sliders are far to the right, except for autogen ( off) and I also used one of the many "reduced" autogen mods. buildings & trees are manually set to 400 & 800 (i.s.o. the 3000 / 8000 odd )I was playing with every setting, but nothing made the big breakthrough - that was untill I set the FPS to unlimited.Wheather running stock or overclocked, it does not make a big difference, but overclocking does however give noticable improvement.my PCCore2 duo E6420 2.13GHz ( clocked to 2.5GHz)2GB Hynix DDR800 ( clocked to 920MHz )250GB 16MB Seagate in RAID-0Sparkle 8800GTS 640 ( clocked to 600(GPU) & 900(RAM) MHz )Thermaltake 680W PSU ( unclocked - LOL )ps my mouse & keyboard also stock, unclocked )The other 2 250GB's are also in RAID-0 running Vista 64aslo running FS9 & FSX on both volumes.above results are only so far achieved in Xp with FSXNow all I have to figure out is how to achieve the same in XP

Jan Jacobs

Guest cimanera

Mike/Janjacobs, Thanks for the information.Well, I've tried everything and nothing seemed to work until I did the following: 1) Roll back and used the 97.94 drivers2)On the Nvidia Control Panel under /"adjust 3d settings" / "adjust image settings in preview page" Choose the option "use my preference emphasizing quality"Doing this finally clear up the problems with antialiasing. Please note that the 97.94 drivers seem to have problems of their own, image locking when trying to move panel objects in 2D panel etc, but I can live with it for now.Hope this helps others.

Hi Guys,I am sure that with this old thread that everyone has fixed the AA problem with FS9. I had the same issues with Vista Ult. 158.24 Forceware drivers AND Triplehead2go running at 3840x1024 on three screens...this really made the jaggies standout :)Anyway you CAN FIX THE AA PROBLEM with nHancer. I have used it in conjunction with Rivatuner but you don't need to. I tried tweaking for weeks before finding this great free utility but nothing worked until I used nHancer.With my 8800GTS 320MB and C2D@3GHz I can get 50+ FPS at 3840x1024 with 4xS supersampling AA and ansio x16 with phototerrain at 4.7m resolution from Tileproxy.

Three things cahnged my life1)Buffer pools - set to 12 000 000 <----where do you find this value?2)Fiber frame rate - set to 0.01<----where do you find this value?3)Frame rate - set to unlimitedHow do I set these settings? In which file does this need to be added to?