Sign in to follow this  

Wilco's Airport 2002 Very Bad!

Hey fellow flight simmers, I just want to spare those of you who are thinking of buying this add-on. It is badly done, I would use other words to describe it but you get the point I hope. What the heck was Wilco thinking is beyond me. If you do happen to but it, you will demand your money back, trust me. I hope that the A320 has something more to offer because if it is anything like the 737 in Airport I will be sure to fly the other way! To Wilco: Have you forgot the type of quality of your PIC767 product? I sure hope this airport's 737 is not the type of aircraft we can expect in the A320? Best Wishes, Randy J. Smith

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You know what these types of post need to stop. Plain and simple: if you don't like the product don't buy it! Just because you don't like the product doesn't mean that you should post negative comments or talk about the designer. These people DO have feelings too. How would you like it if you spent nearly over a year designing a product that no one liked and always talked about? You wouldn't, so keep the negative comments to yourselves. We've already seen what happen to a great freeware company Simubuild, lets not make that happen to WILCO. So please everybody, if you have a problem with the product how about providing positive criticisem to help the company not to hurt it, because let me tell you if WE all keep of the negativity and bashing WE will all regret it later on. So lets just calm down, wait for a good review and move on. Pilot 737 And I'm not in any way affiliated with WILCO or any design company I'm just a fellow simmer.

Let me see, just don't post anything at all if it is critical of a "payware" flight simulator designer because we might "hurt their feelings"? Who cares how long it was in the designing phase? It could have been 10 years and that would not change the facts that it's BAD. I'm sure "most" folks who payed money for this add-on would see things differnt than yourself. I'm sure Wilco products won't go away because money is the name of the game, not that there is anything wrong with that but please spare me with comparing a "FREEWARE DESIGNER" with a "PAYWARE ONE". If Wilco Products or any other designer does not want "criticisem" they might as well pack it up and move where there is no free speech at all. We will just post happy and praising and who cares about personal opines. As for Wilco themselves, they have made the best ever aircraft i.e. PIC767. So its not all bad huh? Best Wishes, Randy J. Smith

I don't think you got my point exactly, if you want to state a problem about a product then just do that. But for people who are just posting "bad product don't buy" without any substantial reasoning for this then they should keep their comments to themselves. I'm not picking on you, but I constantly see these kind of posts. I'm also not trying to put WILCO on any pedestal, but I think that constructive criticism is the best way to go. :( and also a good tip: to avoid wasting your money on products; how about waiting for a review instead of buying it right when it comes out.Pilot 737 No harsh feelings dude.

"Plain and simple: if you don't like the product don't buy it!"Unfortunately Pilot737 it is hard to know if you like the product until you buy it and try it out. Many people have bought this product and feel they wasted their money (not exactly a cheap addon). I have posted several negative posts about Airport 2k2v1 to help others realize that they will likely be dissapointed with it and can be smart enough not to waste their money. (i.e. not buy it as you suggest) It is nothing personal and should not be interpreted as such. Wilco has been very misleading about the nature of this package and people deserve to know that. If this product were freeware I would certainly take a different approach. When a company makes a profit from my hard earned money however it sets a higher standard which is reflected in my expectations of what the product will deliver. Lets keep in mind that the price of this addon for many was nearly as much as flight sim itself once you figure in shipping. These forums are a powerful way of communicating opinions that may or may not be reflected in reviews that inevitably will be written about Airport 2k2v1. This is not about bashing Wilco as much as keeping others informed. This works both ways in fact. When well done products are released these forums are often filled with praise that surely motivates others to buy. This is a great thing and we should all continue speaking our minds and opinions. It helps push developers to release good products and rewards those developers that do. Whats wrong with that?Brewmaster

well this is airports 2002 not 737 PIC so of course you will be upset if you where getting this just for the 737.I grant you it's not that great but it's not horrible either.You can't expect 6 airports and a fully functional perfect 737 for $35.However the A320 PIC is just a what it is a A320.It's been in devel 2 twice as long as Airports 2002.Futhermore it's not being designed by Wilco only sold under the Wilco name as far as I know.On a final note Airports 2002 is a nice LOOKING product but that's about it.I would give my money back if I could.When you make a airport you have no excuse to put buildings in the wrong spot.Espically if you say you went to the airport to take pictures.I know KATL there are 2 buildings that are placed very wrong and that was enough to get me steamed.Not only is the Hilton in the wrong spot it is facing the wrong way.The delta hanger is way to BIG and is facing the wrong way.It's almost as if the default buildings got retextured and put in box !Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpghttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Okay I see what you're trying to say Brewmaster and I totaly agree with it, I guess I was being a little to defensive and narrow-minded. I just need to calm down. Sorry if I'm sending mixed messages.Pilot737

> As for Wilco themselves, they have made the best ever >aircraft i.e. PIC767. So its not all bad huh? >>> Best Wishes, > Randy J. Smith I don't have AP2k2 so I'm not going to comment on that - but I do want to point out that Wilco was just the publisher for 767PIC - the "PIC Team" (Eric, Laurent, Wade, Pedro) made it. The A320 PIC is being done by a totally different team.

The Wilco product is bad compared to what? In my opinion, the more addictive and more demanding FS audience which we have here at avsim are not the target group for such product. This product is doing exactly what it is supposed to do and probably very well (I don

Thats a bunch of rubbish pal if I ever read some. It's laughable. And you Talk about "no-substance complaining posts" HA! Randy

But then what would people complain about? :-lol It baffles me that someone would buy software clearly titled "Airports" and complain about the aircraft.I don't own A2k2 but I do own all three of the A2K packages and I've never ever even thought of installing the aircraft. I bought them for the airport scenery, not the aircraft.

<...and also a good tip: to avoid wasting your money on products; how about waiting for a review instead of buying it right when it comes out.>IMO, a slightly bad idea. A review can also be very misleading if it's inaccurate or not 'comprehensive' for whatever reason and in any event, will always be just one guy's opinion of a product. So to rely on the review as a reason for buying or not buying will just shift the problems away from the publisher and onto the reviewer.What happens then, as we saw only a few days ago with the 'questionable' review of RealATC (Three Real Flights) by Ralph Zimmerman, is that people start criticising the review itself in the feedback area, so you're really back where you started...Therefore, the only fair way to get the message out about a product (good or bad) is to read other simmers experiences of it on forums like this and then decide for yourself. If most people flame a product having bought it, it'll give you something to think about. If people generally like the product though, don't be surprised if you don't read about it as people as quicker to complain than they are to praise. Human nature, I suppose.Toni.

Mannie,Most (if not all) of those products you mention have also generated their fair share of complaints. I guess that means that whether or not a product is "worth the money", is up to the person who purchased it, eh? :)

Hi agreethe product sucks !!! and all the flight community should know about it while other freeware authors are working hard to give us nice Addon's Wilco really did it this time, Airport 2002 is awful !!clear and simpleLaurent

I disagree.When you charge $$ for something, the rules all change.If I run for political office, I expect any and all of my persional history to be made public. If I don't, I'd protect my personal details to the utmost possible. Once again, in this example, the rules change because of something I knowingly do.Like people that run for public office, I have no problem with payware. If it wasn't for payware, we'd be nowhere near where we are in FS add-on developments (although some like POSKY and others have come very close). I have purchased many payware items and will continue to do so (not this product, however).If I download freeware and don't like it, I can just delete it from my system. However, if I am going to buy something, it's not so easy to return to the status quo. So, I like to read reviews on payware, and these should be critical and objective.I do not support public attacks on anyone. I didn't see that in the original post in this thread.Bruce.

Hi:I think people should be free to say good or bad things about any product that is made. I purchased it and I like the scenery very much. Although I am very confused about how to use FSNAT. I am no programer. The plane is just awful. I like the 3D yes its quite nice, but the panel is not functional and hard to use. The plane modeling seems like there was no real attention into making it. No real detail. Wilco should know about this and fix it. If a product does not work as it advertized then, they should about it. I don't believe that Wilco should be treated any differently then other similar firms out there. Why should Wilco be treated with kid gloves. Yes, Wilco and PIC 767 made a great hit, altough most credit should go to the PIC 767 team. The Airport 2002 is not up to high standards that Wilco should have. Please Wilco, patch Aiport 2002 and make it better.Charles

>It baffles me that someone would buy software clearly titled >"Airports" and complain about the aircraft. >If Wilco advertises the product as including a 737 then it is a valid point for criticism. Presumably, some of the consumer's money was used to pay for this feature.

How do you know if you like it before you buy it??? There are very, very few companies that offer "try it before you buy it". I guess us people that turn over our hard earned money to buy a product with the reputation of Wilco expect a good product.(We're not supposed to have Feelings?) Maybe you are financially secure and don't care what you get for your money.

I think you have to go around here.You bought scenery package, not aircraft package. Why then do you expect such a magnificent aircraft included. I think that 737 is only a ''tool'' for using the scenery.Anyway there are always screenshots availible before your purchase. Already when Airport 2002 had been developed I forsaw that this 737 was horrible.Why couldn't you have checked those screenshots.I also suggest you waitnig for some time after a new product is released. You will be able to see users' feedback and your joudgement will be easyer.Nejc BrelihvACC Sloveniahttp://slovenia-vacc.net

I hope that the A320 has something more to offer because if it is anything like the 737 in Airport I will be sure to fly the other way! "man i'm not gonna keep repeating this, WILCO DID NOT MAKE AIRPORT!!!!! 2002 Volume1 FOR THE FRIKKING 737!!!! IT'S JUST THERE TO DEMONSTRATE A LIL BIT OF THEIR NEW TECHNOLOGY INVOLVING WORKING VC'sIF YOU WANT A 737 LIKE THE FUTURE A320, WAIT OR MAKE ONE YOURSELF!!!IT'S CALLED AIRPORT 2002 AND NOT 737PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!you f**** r******!i've had it up to HERE with your inproper comments on other peoples HARD work! they did a fine job, WE need to LEARN how to use FSNAT... jeeesj.. i've said this before, havent i?NO personal assault.

This line:"i've had it up to HERE with your inproper comments on other peoples HARD work!"should read:"I've had it up to HERE with your improper evaluation of a commercial developers product."This, of course, is more appropriate, and justly classifies your comments as YOUR opinion of the product. Which, BTW, is just as valid as the opinion of the individual you just chastised.Look in the mirror, my friend... look in the mirror.

See post like the one Zaman posted is what gets people upset and angry. Lets all please watch our language before the moderator gets mad and CLOSES this forum. We all just need to chill out before somebody forces us too!!Look towards the future and hope for the best.Pilot 737

No reason for anyone to get worked up here.C'mon...it's very easy to separate the thoughtful reviewers from the losers.