Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

Public Beta for ActiveSky wxRE v1.91 now available (BETA4)

Hi it should be fixed in beta 2... see the top post again for the new link..-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest John_Hirsch

New beta does not like my win.ini file (error window: "Error reading wxre.ini file - ...) and does not know where the airplane is located (Active Wx Station XXXX / 99999999nm).Tried to restart with no wxre.ini file and it builds a new one that gives the same errors.Unfortunately, I removed the B1 update so I now have no working wxRE version available.Any thoughts?

John,I just updated with no problem. During the update install process did you point the update to your ActiveSky folder? Suggest that you start with your base copy and directly update to the latest. Please let me know if I can be of more help!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest John_Hirsch

Thanks, Jim, for the quick response.Something went belly up somewhere. After uninstalling everything and reinstalling the base archive and then the latest update, the problem is gone and all is well again.Your suggestion helped - thanks again.Regards,

Glad you got things up and running again!!JimActiveSky Support

I will state that the above METARs that were causing a FS04 crash in beta 1, work as they should in beta 2.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest dirk1000

Hi, Damian...With AS 1.9.08 installed, and the brand new FSUIPC 3.05, I did the following tests from FS9.With all of the tests, I found no trouble, exept for KIAH airport, which was not found in the FS9 airport database.This are the tested METAR

Thanks for the report Dirk! Great news! :)-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Jack

Jim and Damian,Finally found the cause of my week old problem! Don't know if it was my system or wxRE: I followed the book with installation of FSUIPC & wxRE v1.91b. The last thing I did before opening wxRE was copy the .EXE and clicked on "pin to start menu". Then used that shortcut to open wxRE in my brand new OS, XP Home & SP1. Then tried to generate .ini, resulting in every error you can think of. This continued until I finally deleted the shortcut as the last resort and went back to the original .EXE. Bingo! All data appeared in its proper form and the .INI appeared in the correct AS root folder. The weather files are going to "C/Programs" but everything works. Just downloaded v1.91c and will continue testing.Sorry if this seems rushed--it is! Will answer any questions a bit later.Hope this helps.JackDI can give you "rhyme and verse", but the meat of it is in my posts at the start of this thread.Hope this helps

Guest Glaudrung

Hello everybody,I'm running wxRE 1.91 b5 and it doesn't work ... Since a few days, I can't seem to get any weatherupdates. Eveytime I get a timeout on the aloft wind data and there the program halts...Don't know where the problem lies cause both FsMeteo and WeatherCenter work just fine...any sugesstions...?Anybody...?Luc "Glaudrung" Brusselmans

Hi Damian,In order to standardize the beta testing is there any chance of providing a single document which will provide us with the recommened settings for FS2004/FSUIPC/WXre? I know everything is available in the documents and on the Forum etc but things ARE getting a bit confusing as to what setting we should be using right now.At least this will give you a standard set of test results which will ease your troubleshooting. This document, once created, could be included with the beta releases and after the first release it will be simple to "tweak".ThanksDaveVancouver

Here Dave, (Not In A Good Mood Right Now)ActiveSky wxRE Optimum FSUIPC Settingsv1.9Setting FSUIPC for best results with ActiveSky wxREFSUIPC is required in order for ActiveSky wxRE to communicate with FS2002/FS2004 and get/set important weather variables. FSUIPC v3.0 is required for use with FS2004. FSUIPC v2.975 is recommended for use with FS2002 (v3 will also work, but requires registration for full functionality).You can always download the latest FSUIPC from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlFS2004/FSUIPC v3.0+----------------------If you are using the unregistered FSUIPC v3.0, note that some smoothing features will not be available. This should not be a big problem since FS2004 now incorporates its own internal smoothing, but you may notice some slight jumps in wind, pressure or visibility in certain circumstances. For the best smoothing in all situations, we recommend using FSUIPC v3 REGISTERED.ActiveSky wxRE is fully accredited for use with FSUIPC v3 without registation, and you will not need to enter a license key. All key information is sent directly to FSUIPC from wxRE 1.9.For the registered FSUIPC v3, we recommend the same smoothing feature options as provided in the FS2002/FSUIPC v2.975 section. Other FSUIPC options may be changed to your preference (see the wxRE documentation for details).For the unregistered free FSUIPC v3, we recommend setting "normal defaults" using the Modules, FSUIPC pull-down menu in FS2004.FS2002/FSUIPC v2.975:----------------------FSUIPC.DLL (v2.975) is included in your wxRE folder. If you wish to use wxRE with FS2002 we recommend using this .DLL. Just move it to your FS2002Modules folder. Note that this version is old and is no longer supported, but will give you the best functionality between FS2002 and wxRE.Recommended:Copy the FSUIPC.ini file (included in your ActiveSky wxRE installation folder) to your FS2002Modules folder. This will ensure you are using optimum settings for all ActiveSky wxRE features. From here you can experiment with different settings to your tastes... NOTE that if you are using customized joystick or keyboard command settings in FSUIPC these will be overwritten with the supplied FSUIPC.ini file. You may instead wish to manually configure the important wxRE-related options:Critical Settings:Winds:Transitions Smoothed by Layer - turn this on and set the speed to your tastes. Suggested rate is 1 second per 1deg/kt change. This will make flying between areas of different winds more realistic.Visibility:Turn on all of these options - the default detailed settings work fine but try adjusting to your preference. They make visibility changes and in-sim representation more realistic.Clouds:Add Random Turbulence and Icing in clouds - This makes IMC more fun and realistic! Note that some systems may notice "cloud flicker" occasionally due to FSUIPC turbulence and icing in clouds updates. If you experience flicker, you can disable these options.Use only one cloud layer - make sure this is NOT checked.Technical:Smooth Pressure Changes - Set to 10 seconds per 1mb for nice slow pressure changes.Apply attempted Whiteout Fix - DO NOT use this as it may cause problems with cloud layers at certain altitudes.Other Settings:Take a look at the other settings, you may wish to use some of them, but they are not necessary for ActiveSky to perform well. For more information on FSUIPC go to http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html.Enabling ActiveSky wxRE to start automatically with FS2002:You can download the excellent FSUIPC Run Options program (by Jos

Thanks Jim,I'll use this to work through my settings to make sure they are correct. If I come up with anything usefull I'll pass it on.Thanks again,DaveVancouver.p.s. The only reason I asked was that I am getting REALLY strange effects using WXre and I am trying to track down what is causing them.

Dave,I've cooled off now and now can respond better. First, thanks for your help. We really do need everyone's input. The reason for not wanting everyone's setting to be exactly the same is then we get the same vanilla responses back. Yes, there are suggested settings, but then there are some that can vary. We like to see variation because then when a product is released we hopefully have covered many of the different combinations that can occur, thus a better public release.Please post the REALLY strange effects you are having. Your input is much needed.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Hi Jim,Glad to hear that you are feeling better. :-)With all the software testing that I have been in we like to work from a level playing field with everybody using the same settings, where possible. While I agree with you in that you like to try as many different settings as possible it makes it more or less impossible to try and track down any patterns in the reports.At the very least, some of the common settings should be mandatory, and then allow discretionary variations for the other less important settings.Keep up the good work,DaveVancouver