Sign in to follow this  
vollmey

Overcast at Flight levels

I am betting this is a 04 problem. But I can get great overcast conditions until about 10000ft and then it's a broken layer and I can see the ground. I got everything set in FSUPIC and WXRE the way it should be. Is it just me or have I missed something??

Hi, this is FS9 related. You can increase your Coverage % in the Display/weather options to 100% but you will still have some "holes". It also depends largely on your graphics card and available texture memory (you'll have less available for clouds when there are lots of other scenery objects being drawn).In AS2, I am going to add an option to double-up the overcast layer (2 thin layers instead of 1 thick), which will "fill-in" those "holes", at the expense of a significant performance hit. Those with top-end systems/lower slider settings should be able to handle it. Others will unfortunately have to deal with the FS9 limitation. Hope that helps!-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I do have my coverage @ 100% and all weather sliders maxed out. Once I get on top all I get is maybe 25-50% coverage. I manually changed my visiblity tab in FSUPIC to 10000ft and that helped a bit. I am running a geforce 4 Ti4200 128MB. I would think that would be enough. I am planning to do some serious flying this weekend and I'll let you know what I figure out.

its definitely an FS9 thing. i ended up trying all kinds of solutions, none to my 100% satisfaction. there are times when all my weather shows that it should be overcast and raining below, when i can clearly see the ground. once i get down there, its overcast and raining, but from altitude it looks like a wonderful day down there! wierd.a fix for this would be ideal!chris