Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

Weather Server Problems...?

Hi Damien,Just wondering if the wx server is down? Just now I twice tried to download offline wx, and could only stay connected for a second or two. I got an error message about the operation being timed out.Regards,ScottKJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Yes, the winds server is down. Hope they fix it soon!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Hope they fix it soon. I haven't been able to download anything for the past couple of days :-(Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Same here :(I've checked Wyoming winds aloft website (http://weather.uwyo.edu/upperair/sounding.html) and reports are fine there - loads into browser without problems. Still, wxRE cannot load winds aloft and "hangs", propably not even loading METARs into FS :PSuch flying makes no sense. Damian, please help ASAP!I'm afraid i'm addicted to flying ;]

Regards,

Radek

Everyone,Please be patient! There is not much we can do! When this happend in the past it took until Monday morning for NOAA to fix everything. Clicking on the refresh button in AS will get the METARs to load properly. Damian did program this into AS because of the winds server. Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Monday!!!???Don't those government workers realize there's some serious flight simming that takes place on the weekends? ;-)Thanks for the info, Jim.Regards,ScottKJMS/CFII

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Guest Jack

>I'm also getting the message 'cloud transition overflow' - is>this related???>Me too- - - also "conflict in metar clouds --- skipping transition", etc. Is it all related?JackD

Seems to be OK now. As in Warszawa time 18.20hrs :-)Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

SEEEEE I told you all that it would be until Monday!!!JimActiveSky Support

Guest MikeyB

I'm not sure that it's working correctly though. I downloaded data for19.00Z GMT (at 20.00) on 6th November but the files gave the data for the 5th November. I have not altered any settings.MikeyB

MikeyB,Welcome to the forums! You are right. The METARs are a bit behind. By my count about 6 hours. Hope NOAA gets this one fixed too.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support