Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

MR1 B84 Now Available & New B84 Bug Thread

Guest SanH

Hi,I am debating whether to install the patch. Is everyone finding that the weather clears 30 miles from the destination? If this happens to everyone all the time i may as well stick with the current patch for now.

Guys, serious problem around here:I made a fres install of as 2004, and added directly the built84 on it. It is even worth than before, totaly unflyable.Winds are completely different than the ones in the wind windo, I was supposed to have a wind from 245/48, and it was 111/06, and then comes the temp prob, leadind to erratic situation, speed tape dropping to 70, then icreasing to 470, 7

Guest BernBear

Cyrille,Part of your problem may be the fact that you did not set standard baro pressureafter passing your transition altitude, merely hitting the STD button on the PMDG panel is not sufficient, you also need to hit "B" or manualy change pressure to 29.92 as you pass 18000ft or any other transition altitude you may have set in the FMC.Snce you still have a pressure of 30.16 set, your altitude reads much higher than you actually are. You show 33480 on the ALT tape while FS9 has you at only 25365. That alone will lead to assorted problems with airspeed and TAT.Of course, there are still issues with AS2004, but I'm sure these will eventually be resolved. At this point I have no winds issues with the current build, especially when using route based wind smoothing. I still do have problems with high TAT values, although it is not as bad as with build 81 and then there are the "disappearing clouds" en route and all weather always clearing on approach.I'm quite confident that Damian will evenually sort everything out and deliver the best weather engine for FS9, provided he continues to receive input from us users.Best RegardsMax (Bern, LSZB)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpg http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Hello, Max,How Bern doing, and the FOCA.Thanks for the reply, but I frankly doubt altimeter setting is the prob, cause the TAT can't be calculated upon altitude, but upon OAT plus antena compressibility, and at FL300, it is around 5

Patch is working great for me...Install it. You can always uninstall it.Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Cpt,Please reset your FSUIPC values to weather minimums. I can't be sure, but some settings look to be not set correctly.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Allow me to chime in with a positive report - flew KTUS-KPHX earlier this morning and the weather matched what I'm seeing out the window nearly perfectly. We've got a big low pressure system coming through AZ right now and it was low overcast all the way from TUS-PHX. No cloud pops or wind shifts observed! I'm gonna try a longer flight in a bit here and see what happens...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi Ryan, Could you please post your settings in AS2004 and FSUIPC. I like the sound of the chime you are bringing in and I want to try the same flight as you with the same settings. I always get cloud pops and in every area. I let AS2004 update itself every 10 minutes to see what it is going to do. Also your settings in FS9 would help. Just to make sure everything is the same. Do you go into spot view to get a close look at the surrounding clouds around your aircraft? What do you have the update interval set to? Do you have a widefs setup? I do. If you want to try a 1hr flight up in Canada, try CYQR_CYYC or CYYC_CYVR and let us know the results.I have a thousand questions but I will stop here.Thanks for your timeVincent

Guest mmcevilley

I'm currently making my first flight with MR1 B84. I did not change the option setttings from the previous build and I'm getting abrupt wind shifts on a steady, but intermittent basis. When they occur, they quickly repeat, airspeed drops or ballons, sometimes the altitude changes by as much as 500 ft. But, then, it clears up. With the previous build, the shifts were not this severe and occured with less frequency.On two occasions during the flight (now halfway to KIAH from KATL) the sim winds were easterly while the Metar reported westerly. During climbout out of KATL, there was a lot of airspeed fluctuation which I would attribute to the varying winds shifts (direction and velocity) as I climbed vertically through altitude layers and horizontally through reporting station boundaries (is that a correct assumption?) ... again, the shifts were more severe than they were on the previous build.However, there is good news as well. Cloud and visibility processing/smoothing is very good. And so far, no cloud pop-ups or pop-outs. I have a very nice horizon line blend between sky and ground with and without clouds sitting at the edge of my visibility limits. Keep pressing on - hopefully we can nail down a pattern given the large number of variables being juggled simultaneously.-michael

Hello,As I hate to loose without fighting, I have completely unisntalled AS2004 for the second time, then did a reboot, and installed the unoficial 1a2, then reboot again, then the built 84, and as i am writing this, I am over HRV from KMIA to KBFI.As of clouds, nothing to say, looks very good.As of winds, when departing KMIA, I have had some wind shift, verticaly and lateraly. As of the impact on the speed tape, it is variable and depends on which part of flight you are.In climbing condition, the lateraly shift is more important tan in cruis, but still as an impact on the speed tape, as of the windcomponent, but is less dangerous than the wind speed it self.Actualy in cruise, I have 253 indicated and a wind 253/59, and for one degree exactly what is predicted. But from time to time I have shifts that are powerfull enought o put me upto 300 kts, indicated, which actualy is 27 kts above VNE, and all the time it is for small to medium shift varaiations.But one good thing, is that it is not so often, for instance.Regarding the screen shots that I included on a previous post in this thread, i have a little idea of what happened, and I think it is more a corrupted data, than a programm bug itself, cause I have had exactly the same problem with the update 1a2, on the same route, with a TAT of 2

Guest DavidR

I encountered a problem with clouds disappearing last night in a flight from KPAE to KEUG using B84.In the middle of the flight, the clouds near the aircraft disappeared. There was a low layer of 8/8 overcast clouds, but they simply disappeared.I had much bigger clouds problems with B81. With B81, the clouds would disappear from everywhere, not just around the aircraft. It was as if all clouds in the suppression radius disappeared. I might later see some clouds in the distance, if I flew far enough before the next update to see them, but they would eventually disappear again in the next update.With B84, things are much better. The clouds only disappear near the aircraft. Other clouds within the supression radius stay, but the clouds within maybe 10-20nm of my aircraft disappear.I read in the B84 release notes that AS2004 is now refreshing the stations within the supression radius with unchanged data during updates. I think this is why B84 loses fewer clouds than B81. But maybe there's still a bug with the localization of weather in FS2004, so that the weather near the aircraft gets localized and is not affected by this refresh?The flight plan I used is: KPAE-ARPEE-OLM-ATASY-UBG-CVO-KEUG. I flew at FL210. My AS2004 and FSUIPC INIs are attached. In FS2004, I'm using 50nm cloud draw setting.Davehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/65075.txthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/65076.txt

Guest mmcevilley

Just completed the flight from KATL-KIAH.The wind shift problems stopped after I was level and settled in at cruise altitude. They did not return for the duration of the flight.I will fly again later today or tomorrow and see if this is a recurring trend (wind shifts associated with climb to altitude).Just before I started my descent into KIAH, AS4 refreshed and then continued to refresh immediately after the completion of the FSUIPC write. That behavior continued until I was on final approach and then it just stopped. My update interval is set to 20 minutes.The visibility smoothing on approach and setup for final and landing at KIAH was excellent. There was a very thick overcast at 5000 and varying low visibility around KIAH. KIAH itself was 10SM with broken clouds - exactly what AS4 depicted!!!Except for the windshifts during climbout - the weather processing went very well.-michael

Michael,In regards to the constant refreshes: did you have a flight plan loaded?JimActiveSky Support

Hi Dave,Thanks for the report. Try a flight with Enforce visibility limits OFF and see if that makes a difference. Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Hi all,Thanks a bunch for your reports. I have found a problem with FSUIPC communications where even though FSUIPC is reporting that input was correctly received (indicated by an updated timestamp value), it sometimes has not yet finished reading in the new station values. Regardless of how long the program waits for FSUIPC to finish (including getting the updated timestamp), there can be these failures of FSUIPC to recognize the input. This all results in corrupted weather setting at certain stations, meaning clearing of clouds on update, invalid wx/winds, etc...I have recently been testing solely over WideFS, which MAY be part of the problem (hadn't noticed this effect directly on FS machine), and may be why many users aren't having such issues. I have also noted that the problem happens more frequently when FS frame rates are lower.Please let us know if you have clearing wx and/or strange wind patterns - are you using WideFS? If you try lowering some detail settings (to get higher frames) do the problems become less frequent? Your help confirming these findings is much appreciated!Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpg

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies