Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

!!! MR1 B86 available and new B86 bug thread

Hi again all!B86 is ready. The focus of this build was to eliminate problematic FSUIPC communications where inconsistent wx could be encountered (leading to harsh wind changes as well). Also greatly reduced the occurance of FS9 randomly clearing WX at certain stations (causing cloud clearing/shifts). Note that some cloud shifts may occur in certain areas due to FS9 re-interpolation. The re-interpolation effect is minimal and helps reduce the major problems many have been experiencing with clearing clouds.I still cannot re-produce the looping refresh effect as a couple users have reported. If you still get these, please help by sending me the current .PLN and current_wx_snapshot.txt.Thanks everyone for your great feedback and assistance in testing! Please use this new thread for B86 bug reports...Download link: http://www.hifisim.com/as2k4updateMR1b2-86.zipDamian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpg

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hello Damian and all,First, thanks very much for this update.Second, I am testing it right know, and here are my first comments:Impressed, really impressed but...may be what will follow will come from me, or the way AS2004 is installed. In this case, please let me know, and I will retest again.I have ran the set up file with out uninstalling the built 84. Thus in my add remoove prog window, I have AS2004, update 1a2, mr84 and mr86.Then I always have an activ flight plan in fs9, even if I use the MCDu/FMS to fly the aircraft, and it is exactly the same FPl that is loaded in AS2004.I was taking of from LFPG to DBBB, and the wind were scheduled from 060/15, and after passing 4000ft, they were supposed to be westerly for 60kt or so.I was astonished to see the wind changing very smoothly, clockwise, from what was actual to what was schedule, and at every reported FL we were as expected at 1kt/1

Guest ronalito

CONGRATULATIONSHi Damian,Congratulations. Have flown last night twice from LEMD to LEBB. Clear weather in LEMD. Snowing in LEBB. +/- 85 miles from LEBB clouds building up. everything ok and according to forecast. Descending to LEBB always cloudier. Suddenly no clouds, neither in front, sides or back, (a sunny day) then into clouds, overcast, no visibility and landing with wind and snow vis 90!This morning: Installed last Beta....!same flight, same conditions, clouds building up until descending start, everything normal, no strange disapearance and final landing according to weather conditons.FANTASTICO!Form me just the overcast problem (see other message from this morning) still present, all rest brillantKindest regardsrc

Guest Erups

>I still cannot re-produce the looping refresh effect as a>couple users have reported. If you still get these, please>help by sending me the current .PLN and>current_wx_snapshot.txt.Since i encountered this problem i wish to help.How and where can i find these files?I never use FS own flight planner.Thank you

Damian - The following is from the microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation newsgroup">I started FS2k2 and found the plane jumping around. After>watching what it was doing, it seems that the weather is changing>rapidly. Major up and down changes in temp, wind speed, and so on.>I started FS9 ( I have both on, I like FS9 better, but FS2k2 is >easier>on my machine) and it's experiencing the same problem. I don't have>any third party weather software installed, although by strange>coincidence, I did down load one prior to the problem starting.>Any ideas?>TIA>FK>The up/down temp and rapid changes, etc are what caught my eye. In a later post he states that he dows not have a full time connection to the internet and that he found that the issue was caused by DirectSound and that he resolved it.I have asked him for a bit more detail and clarification and if I get any further info, I'll pass it on. hate to see you chasing a weather 'gremlin' that may have another problem as it's source.HTH,Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Damian - The following is from the microsoft.public.games.zone.simulation newsgroup">I started FS2k2 and found the plane jumping around. After>watching what it was doing, it seems that the weather is changing>rapidly. Major up and down changes in temp, wind speed, and so on.>I started FS9 ( I have both on, I like FS9 better, but FS2k2 is >easier>on my machine) and it's experiencing the same problem. I don't have>any third party weather software installed, although by strange>coincidence, I did down load one prior to the problem starting.>Any ideas?>TIA>FK>The up/down temp and rapid changes, etc are what caught my eye. In a later post he states that he dows not have a full time connection to the internet and that he found that the issue was caused by DirectSound and that he resolved it.I have asked him for a bit more detail and clarification and if I get any further info, I'll pass it on. hate to see you chasing a weather 'gremlin' that may have another problem as it's source.HTH,Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors