Sign in to follow this  
Guest garyhall2530

*** AS2004 MR2 B115 Public Beta now available

Guest nausea

Hey Jim,Can't be wake, I never use AI. On the flight I'm doing now I'm getting I don't know how many overspd warnings because of that many windshifts... Looks to me that some things have to be changed.

Hi,This is a work in progress and the private team is many versions past the beta you are testing. We know that this is still a problem and are working with Pete to get things as best as we can. Hope you are using the latest FSUIPC version(3.30). Don't know why you are seeing such a drastic shift. Maybe a post of your AS.ini would help out. I would be happy to take a look!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest bhdo

Congratulations for this beautiful work once more.The option "Disable ground update" gives a more realistic result in FS2004.But since I sometimes have a problem with the next update after the landing (because update is not always yet understood by AS as beeing inactive), I still have a request : Why don't you let AS manage the update weather on the ground like it does when airborne (that is to say with local range suppression even when the plane is on the ground) ? My question is simple : why are rules different when you fly and when you stay on ground ? That inevitably causes a problem for AS which must interpret a different situation and thus sometimes make errors.Therefore thank you very much.Regards.

Guest bhdo

No, unfortunatly, no.The system still works differently when my plane is in the air and when it is on the ground.When I fly, AS2004 is absolutely great. But why the fact that the plane is on the ground is managed differently ?Thanks.

Guest nausea

Hi Jim, Better late then never... my ini file://AS2004 configuration file[General]WindowPosX = 5160WindowPosY = 5205DefaultWeatherFolder = D:Flight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 50IncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = 2TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONEIk hope this is what you need and that I made a terrible mistake...

Hi,Let me try to explain...The way local range suppression works, it requires that at SOME poind the weather within your local suppression area is updated. Or you would always start your flight with no weather at your departure airport.So when you are on the ground, we will update the wx immediately around you as well as in the distance. After the initial write, if "disable ground updates" is checked, no more updates will occur when you are on the ground.I will respond to your original post:"The option "Disable ground update" gives a more realistic result in FS2004.But since I sometimes have a problem with the next update after the landing (because update is not always yet understood by AS as beeing inactive)"Not sure I understand. Are you saying that you are still getting updates on the ground with disable ground updates checked, after you land? Or is the problem that you are not getting correct wx in the distant area as you depart on your next flight, because ground updates are being disabled?This is all normal, and a side-effect of disabling ground updates. You should always do a REFRESH after landing when using this "disable ground udpate" option to ensure subsequent flights are updated properly. ", I still have a request : Why don't you let AS manage the update weather on the ground like it does when airborne (that is to say with local range suppression even when the plane is on the ground) ? My question is simple : why are rules different when you fly and when you stay on ground ? That inevitably causes a problem for AS which must interpret a different situation and thus sometimes make errors."Because many users prefer to have their wx update on the ground so that when they depart everything is up to date. The local suppression features requires wx locally to be updated on the ground at some point, usually at the start of the flight.If I understand correctly, instead of "disabling all ground updates" you would rather have it "suppress local weather updates even when on ground".. so that DISTANT wx is still updated yet you get no visible (local) changes.Is that right? Thanks!-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Your settings look good. Some questions that we have been dealing with in the private beta testing:Are you using WideFS?Are you using a wireless mouse?What settings are you using in FSUIPC?This is an area that we hope is almost solved!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest bhdo

Damian,You wrote : "If I understand correctly, instead of "disabling all ground updates" you would rather have it "suppress local weather updates even when on ground".. so that DISTANT wx is still updated yet you get no visible (local) changes."THIS IS EXCACTLY WHAT I MEAN.And if I want to update the nearest stations, I will do it manually (or for the first load of AS). OK, I understand the wishes of most of other users, but I wonder if it wouldn't be an option.(Sorry for my english sometimes).Thank you to take care to our requests in your different releases.