Sign in to follow this  
Guest garyhall2530

*** AS2004 MR2 B115 Public Beta now available

Devin,The behavior of the sun that Dean was talking about occurs within the same timezone, not just when crossing timezone boundaries. Depending on one's cruise speed, the popping up and down can go on for 5 to 10 minutes before the sun finally drops below the horizon.You are correct that the sun and moon have issues when FS does not accurately map the timezone meridians, but that's a separate issue. :-)Bruce

Excellent news Damian. Just one point of clarification - do the new wind smoothing capabilities work with the unregistered version 3.30 of FSUIPC?Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Hi everyone,We have found some confirmed FSUIPC write process problems related to WideFS, and are working to sort this out. We have also made significant improvements to visibility handling and added new AS2004-internal gradual upper-altitude visibility clearing to keep things nice and smooth and prevent unrealistic haze layers. Other fixes have been made to address all problems reported. Build 117 should be available in the next 24 hours. At that time a new thread will be created and this one will be closed. Thanks so much for your participation and feedback so far!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Erups

I think it's us who have to thank you for your continued support :)

Hello JimJust wondering what are the fsuipc settings when activating the selection in AS2004. I'm useing AS over a wide network and I'm not sure what changes to make.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Guest rellimj

Damian,Just to report that deleting the fsuipc.ini file did not work for my reported (WideFS/nearest station) issue, but clicking "minimum wx defaults" did!Joe Miller

OK I pressed MIn weather defaults. It erased all my info from previous setting. Now what is the correct info to input. I have no idea what effects what without some sort of updated info.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Hi Bill,In FSUIPC you don't need to input any info. When I look at AS MR2 I see only a few changes in the Options, but maybe I am "to close" to the project to notice. That's why I asked for specific options in AS. As far as FSUIPC, the optional settings can still be used along with weather minimums.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Yet another to say a big thanks to Damian, Jim and the team for the continued work on updates. Like others I am glad I made the switch to AS2004 ;-)

Damian,Just wanted to say that I did get some wind shifts on approach today with this new version - the rest of the flight was flawless and smooth, but right as I was coming into KTUS I got a couple 180 degree shifts...Do you know also if there's anything that can be done about the visibility transitions in FS9 where you're climbing through a nice realistic looking haze and then once you cross a critical threshold altitude it all disappears and becomes perfectly clear? The ground textures look really unrealistic when that happens etc, wish something could be done... ;)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryan,Are you on WideFS by any chance (pertaining to wind shifts)?Visibility transitions... YES! We had so much feedback about this the past few days that we decided to pull out the stops and design something much better using the new FSUIPC direct visibility control mechanism. The result: No more haze layer issues or vertical transition pops.We are just sorting out some FSUIPC/WideFS issues and hope to release the new build very soon.. Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies