Sign in to follow this  
Guest garyhall2530

*** AS2004 MR2 B115 Public Beta now available

Guest garyhall2530

Wanted to be the first to thank you for the hard work, i have been following progress, and have downloaded the new file, putting it in now and will go fly. Thanks a bunch for making this the best addon i can have, it makes it more enjoyable when the WX is right :) GARY

Guest Sunny9850

Wow indeed.....you just have to love this :-) I have downloaded the file and now can't wait to get to try it out finally with my FSFlightmax working 100% again :DToo bad that can't happen until Saturday :-(

Guest babiukc

Hello,Just tried to install this update and recieved about 8 errors at the end saying unable to access a file on a network that I don't have access too. All files ended in .msi. Any ideas?Cheers,Cam

If you get a chance, post more detail regarding what the errors were (hard to guess all eight correctly ;)), and what version of AS2004 you had installed before trying to update. Also, be sure you are logged in as an administrator.Jim or Damian can correct this if it's wrong:You should always be able to uninstall completely, reinstall the original AS2004 then patch directly to MR2 build 115.Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Hello everyone!The private beta team has been busy testing the latest beta builds over the past few weeks, and we are happy to report that we are ready for public beta! All current ActiveSky2004 users are invited to participate.This new update brings many fixes and enhancements. See below for a list of revision entries. AS2004 users should install this update over the top of their existing installation, and detailed instructions are provided in the included readme text file.FSUIPC v3.30 is REQUIRED! If you have not already installed this, please do so before installing the AS2004 MR2 B115 update! You can get it from Pete Dowson's web page at http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html. Many thanks go out to Pete for providing TRUE WIND SMOOTHING capability in this new version, along with many other enhancements! AS2004 MR2 B115 now integrates with this new FSUIPC wind smoothing feature completely and seamlessly. All relevant FSUIPC options are automatically controlled.Route-based wind smoothing is NO LONGER REQUIRED to get smooth winds. You can now get realistic accurate data without wind shifts, with OR WITHOUT a flight plan loaded!Here is the link: http://www.hifisim.com/AS2004MR2-b115-RC1.zipRemember: Install this over the top of your existing installation AFTER you have updated to FSUIPC 3.30 (or later).MANY new enhancements and changes have taken place, so please take a look at the release notes and new documentation to become familiar with your new AS2004. As this is a beta, remember to use this at your OWN RISK and always keep a copy of your original AS2004 installation package in case you need to revert back.Bug reports/questions/comments/etc. pertaining to this build should be added to this thread. Additional threads will be created by the moderators as required. Thanks everyone! -Damian From the revision log:------Update (Maintenance Release 2) Beta Version (Build 115)

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi Claudio,Thanks for the screenshots.At first glance it looks like the normal FS9 effect of transitioning the visibility ceiling. I don't think this should be "new" to B115 but if you don't get this effect with previous versions then let me know. Question: Do you have registered FSUIPC? If so, what is your visibility transition value set to? Thanks!-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Erups

I haven't ever seen such effect previously.Maybe there was a little haze, but this does seem like a heavy smog!I don't say Roma has none, far from it ;) But it does not extend to 10kfeet and is not so dark ;)I have fsuipc registered, but the only thing i touched from "minimum weather default" is the visibility smoothing set to 4 seconds per 10%.All the rest is default, this is the fsuipc.ini regarding visibilityGraduatedVisibility=NoUpperVisibility=6000SmoothVisibility=YesMinimumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityFewClouds=0MaximumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityOvercast=0MaximumVisibilityRainy=0

Guest babiukc

Hi Scott,I am at work right now so I will post more specifics when I get home tonight. All errors where similar in nature and the missing files where something like "AS2004 MR2 alpha b115 81.msi". The main thing that changed between the errors were the term "alpha" changed to "beta" within the file name and the final number (81) changed (84, etc.). I am running the latest official MR1 version of AS2004. After the error message showed up I would then get a window that asks me to select a location where this file can be found. I will get the exact file names when I get home.Cheers,Cam

Guest GalacticCowboy

>- Increased FlightWatch/ATIS voice playback volume 25%Hmm... it already scares the crap outta me. :D Of course, that's probably because I run AS over WideFS, so the speaker set that FlightWatch plays through is about 2 feet from my right ear... :)Some great changes here. Looking forward to trying it out.

Guest Eric Lunston

Hello,I have made two flights with the Activesky MR2 beta thus far. Both flights orginated in Dallas, Texas, USA and had Nashville, Tennessee, USA as the destinations. I input KDFW and KBNA as the respective origin and destination but did not include any intermediate waypoints on my flightplan. My first flight was flawless, smooth wind transitions throughout. In my second flight I did experience a huge wind shift at about 27,000 ft that caused my PMDG 737 autopilot to disconnect and have a brief climb rate in excess of 7000 ft per minute. I installed the MR2 beta patch over my existing Activesky2004 installation. I installed the very latest FSUPIC 3.30 (unregistered) prior to installing the MR2 patch as described in the supplied manual.Here are the contents of my Activesky .ini file://AS2004 configuration file[General]WindowPosX = 3900WindowPosY = 3090DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 10000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 10LocalSuppressionRange = 80MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 9LastPlanFolder = NONEIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = TruePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = TrueVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = TrueUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = FalseAutoGlobalWriteToggle = FalseRainWithTS = FalseDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = TrueAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 15VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = -5TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = FalseWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = TrueUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONE--------------------------------------------Thank you for your continued development of this wonderful product.

Guest babiukc

Hi,Here are the exact quotes from the error messages. "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable". After each of the following files I have to select cancel which then prompts me with an Error 1714.The files are:"ActiveSky2004 Update 1 Alpha 2.msi""ActiveSky2004 Maintenance Release 1 Beta 2 Build 81.msi""ActiveSky2004 Maintenance Release 1 Beta 2 Build 84.msi""ActiveSky2004 Maintenance Release 1 Beta 2 Build 86.msi""ActiveSky2004 Maintenance Release 1 Beta 2 Build 87.msi""ActiveSky2004 Maintenance Release 1.msi"My current version of AS2004 is vesion 1.1 build 90.Hope this helps. If anyone has any ideas let me know.Cheers,Cam

Guest babiukc

Hello again,I solved my problem. There appeared to be some old entries in my registry that did not get cleaned out. The installer was attempting to remove old beta versions of MR1 that no longer existed and was therefore hanging. I removed the entries from my registry and this update installed fine after that. Sorry for the run around.Cheers,Cam