Sign in to follow this  
Guest garyhall2530

*** AS2004 MR2 B115 Public Beta now available

Hi Eric,Thank you for your report!We have a couple other reports similar to this, possibly related to FSUIPC wx write process problems. If you can duplicate, please post your as2004.log after the failure (or "shift"). How did you note the "wind shift"? Via shift-Z or other wind display? Thanks!-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest NBL648

Hi Damian,Great job........it appears the temp aloft problems are gone. I also noticed a drastic encounter as described above this evening over the UK. It didn't disco the autopilot, but really got my attention. I did notice just as it started a rather loud clap of thunder and when I went to spot view I was near a rather large CB.....I then brought up the radar and saw several cells in the VCTY....I was climbing through FL280 at the time.Paul M."Big Sky---Little Bullet"---For All Other Impediments There's TCAShttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Might have found a problem Damian, or more likely I've done something wrong.Just installed the B115 release and it does not look as if AS2004 notices when I change location in FS9.Started out with the default flight at KSEA and started AS2004, weather loaded OK.I then selected a saved flight at KSFO, refreshed the weather data and that seemed OK.I then looked for an airport that had bad weather and moved to LFST, refreshed weather again and AS2004 is telling me that the nearest reporting station is KNUW and it is 15nm away.LFST is very near Strasbourg, KNUW is in Whidbey, Washington!I am sure that with the last build AS picked up the location when you moved in FS9 without actually flying there.I am using Widefs to connect AS to FS9 and do have registered copies of Widefs and FSUIPC 3.30EDIT: Even closing AS down and restarting it still has KNUW as the nearest weather station?

Guest rellimj

I also had a rather similar problem. I started a flight at KEWR Gate 67, and "SETI" was reported as my closest reporting station at 93nm away. On importing my KEWR-KCLE flight plan, AS2004 reported that KCLE was 2279nm away.I performed several shutdown/restarts of FS9/AS2004 but the same result each time.The most interesting thing my report and the previous is that we are both using WideFS - possibly an issue there? FWIW, I do not use the ActiveRadar feature.Posting from work so do not have .ini/.log files. If needed, can post this evening.Thanks!Joe Miller

Are you using the latest Widefs and FSUIPC Joe?I wonder if it's one of those screwing up and not AS?

Good news!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

WideFS user here and having no problems getting updates during the OPLA-EGKK flight I'm doing right now. I have just witnessed something I've never see in FS before though. Flying into a setting sun at FL360, the sun was about 1/2" off the horizon. Then it just disappears. A couple of mins later it reappears :) Couple of mins later it disappeared and stayed that way. It wasn't an update. Too short a time period. Most strange.

Another thing to consider, although I'm not sure it is necesary - when installing the new version of FSUIPC, it might be necessary to go to modules, FSUIPC, and click the "minimum weather defaults" button to cause all of the new variables of 3.30 to be set properly in the .ini file. Even if you have done this previously, the new version has a lot of new options which need to be defined...

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Hi All with Update Issues,This is most strange to me. All through private testing this was not an issue and I am sure there were WideFS testers. Did anyone have a problem installing? I hate to suggest an uninstall and re-install of 1.0 and then jump directly to this beta.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest rellimj

Jim,No problem with the MR2 installation and upgrades of both WideFS & FSUIPC to latest versions.As mentioned, I was suspecting WideFS/FSUIPC, however, after reading another thread, this evening I intend to look at my wx file size (assuming the issue repeats this evening) and see if that might be the cause. That is, an 'incomplete' wx file being downloaded so "nearest" station is way off.Joe Miller

Just tried the relocation in FS9 again and AS is working correctly now.I have changed nothing so puzzled why it now works, but happy it does.

Hi there!Glad it's working now... There may be some relation the the new FSUIPC version release. A couple users reported that they needed to delete their fsuipc.ini file and let it rebuild to get things proper again. Others reported that clicking "minimum wx defaults" solved things. We are still trying to isolate this and provide a fail-safe work-around during the MR2 update processes. Any other info would be very helpful.. thanks once again for your feedback :)-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Dean,On most of my westbound flights with a setting sun, I see the same thing. There is a jump below the horizon as the final sliver of the setting sun is not graphically modeled. You may have also noted how the lighting during twilight changes on the minute, so there are sudden stark changes in the lighting.If you combine the astronomical updates only occurring on the minute, and an aircraft flying quickly on a westbound track, it's possible to fly "back in time". Your current position is within the previous astronomical minute, and you see the sun pop back up to it's previous position.Likewise, if you are flying eastbound, you will see the sun or moon rise above the horizon in one swift jump.Bruce

Hi Dean and Bruce,I suggest you get "FS Real Time" from Avsim by Joshua Robertson. It has the updated .bgl files for FS2004 timezones and models accurately the timezone boudaries. Plus it overrides the GMT bug that FS has had for the past two versions.You will no longer have the sun and/or moon jumping an hour ahead or behind when you cross the 15

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Where's is the updated user manual. I don't know what new features does what. On the main web site, the older pdf manaul only shows.Thanks for the update. Keep up the great work.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64