Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

!AS2004 MR2 B132 Beta now available

Guest ssurjap

I think this is great. I do have one question. Please forgive me if this has been asked and responded to before.I notice that as soon as you position the aircraft and ActiveSky does its thing, it cycles through the airports within range and sets the weather (at least that's what I think it does). However, after I import my flight plan, it analyzes the waypoints, then it brings up the window with the origin, destination, alternate and the waypoints. It then seem to reset the stations again (I guess with addition of the waypoints in my flight plan).Is there any way that can be reprogrammed to not do that but to just set the weather for any new waypoints it encounters?Thanks.

Hi Bruce,There are two steps where the visibility seems to drastically change... at about 9sm and at about 80sm. Nothing can be done to change this, as it is an FS9 rendering thing... When the smoothing process goes from 79.9 to 80.0, for example, you'll see the sharper transition. You can only mask it by setting max vis to under 80. This is something that's always been there, but not quite apparent as we've improved things greatly in other areas. That's the problem with enhancements! The alternative is to go back to the way FS9 does things by default, with no vis smoothing and a hard instant vis shift transitioning at the vis ceiling. I think we're going to end up providing an option to do this either way depending on user preference.Thanks for the input!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi Steven,The solution is to start AS2004 paused, load your flightplan and process, then refresh when you're ready for the initial wx set.We have to set ALL the wx together (now with the route/dest data) to avoid cloud pops during your flight...Hope that helps!

Damian Clark

Just some further information on this, flying the PMDG 737 NG, I get sharp wind shifts when using the virtual cockpit. I don't get the wind shifts in the 2d panel mode. I have ActiveCamera installed.Cheers,Bryn Battersby

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

Thanks. I will try to live with visibity under 80 or put up with the sharp change.A follow up question. From my understanding CAVOK means visibilty is at least 10km but may be greater. So when CAVOK is in the metar what visibility is set by AS2004? Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest Ruahrc

I just downloaded AS2004 and installed the latest beta patch. I also have a registered version of FSUIPC.I get terrible "wind jumping" as well with AS2004. Enabling or disabling the wind smoothing via FSUIPC (both by doing it in the AS2004 options or doing it straight in FSUIPC) does not have any effect. It happens most often when in VC or external view mode. Also will happen when the comp is loading scenery tiles or airports. Loading of scenery (read: strain on the system) seems to trigger the jumps.It is very bad- the wind will constantly jump 120 degrees or more if I try to "look out the window" using active camera in VC. Makes for a very unpleasant flight.The only fix I have seen so far is to disable direct wind control. That must be what is causing it? I have it disabled now (and have not yet restarted FS2004) and the jumping problems are gone. I am not sure if wind smoothing has been disabled, it is still checked in the AS2004 options.Any ideas on what is going on, or a possible fix? What exactly does this "direct wind control" thing do?Ruahrc

Hi There,Yes, we have a couple other reports of DWC causing wind problems in FSUIPC when the system load is high. We are investigating and providing information to Pete so he can fix....DWC replaces FS9's ambient wind calculations so that wind depiction is accurate to reports.I suggest running with DWC disabled for now... Thanks for the report!

Damian Clark

Guest bhdo

Damian,In a previous message on this forum, you wrote : "If I understand correctly, instead of "disabling all ground updates" you would rather have it "suppress local weather updates even when on ground".. so that DISTANT wx is still updated yet you get no visible (local) changes."Since I still have problems with this option (disable ground updates), could you implement what you suggested instead of it -> "suppress local weather updates even when on ground".Thanks a lot.Regards.

Guest jhaley

I can't find a thing that is wrong with this beta. I have no cloud pops, no haze issues, winds are not changing radically. The interface loads the plan quickly and accurately. I have now done 6 flights, all between 400 and 600 miles in length, in the area of Alaska, Yukon, Northwest Territories. Absolutely NO issues. Could it be success? Since I have started using this program, this is by far the beta that delivers what it promises. I would have to say congrats and thanks a million guys. John HaleyThunder BayCanada

Guest jhaley

I can't find a thing that is wrong with this beta. I have no cloud pops, no haze issues, winds are not changing radically. The interface loads the plan quickly and accurately. I have now done 6 flights, all between 400 and 600 miles in length, in the area of Alaska, Yukon, Northwest Territories. Absolutely NO issues. Could it be success? Since I have started using this program, this is by far the beta that delivers what it promises. I would have to say congrats and thanks a million guys. John HaleyThunder BayCanada

Guest Popart

Damian, I have pinpointed the problem (after days of installing, re-installing...you know the drill). I have a heat problem. During the heatwave we have here right now (netherlands) it got (and still is) over 30 degrees in the room where my computer stands. The powerfull graphicscard got way too hot (over 80 degrees) and as a safety it kept on rebooting my system. I can't remove one side of the tower, cos I will loose my warrenty. I have made a fix with a fan blowing at the computer, keeping it a little more "cold", but I guess the heat in the room just have to vanish. I will see for the next few days when they promise less hot temperatures.Thanks for the advice!

Hi again,This should have been implemented since B131...Disable ground updates should now update distant wx only when you also have local suppression enabled.Is this not working correctly?

Damian Clark

Guest bhdo

Hi,Am I supposed to see text messages on top of the screen if update occurs when I am on the ground ?If Yes, unfortunately it seems it doesn't work as it is expected.It seems updates on ground are totally disabled.I set AS2004 as you told me.Could you have a look to that ?Regards.O. Blanchard.