Sign in to follow this  
Hakkie

AS2004.5 and 'old' wxRE users

Hi Damian, I've been a customer since the beginning of your weather program. From freeware, via wxRE to AS2004. Still satisfied! I have a question about a full clean re-install for previous wxRE users like me. In order to install AS2004 on a fresh system, I do this:- install wxRE- install upgrade to AS2004, the one where wxRE needs to be installed- remove wxRE- install the final upgrade to AS2004.5Is this still correct? I would prefer to have one final install package. Though I understand your upgrade path, I do not like the idea of installing wxRE -which I don't use at all ofcourse- just to be able to install AS2004. Or am I seeing things wrong here...Kind regards,Henk-Jan

Is there any chance of the upgrade promotion returning? I have had wxRE since FS02 and I somehow manged to miss the promotion campaign for AS2004! Might be a nice gesture with the new release of 2004.5, and I am sure many other 'old' users would upgrade. I know I will be...Thanks,Glenn

Hi Glenn,Unfortunately due to the technical challenges and cost of doing this we do not plan to re-instate a wxRE upgrade (which is now 2 product generations old). Remember a very large portion of the AS2004 sales go into the server costs. The wxRE->AS2004 upgrade was almost being given away for free at the time - we simply couldn't afford to do that now even if we could work out all the user database/vendor/installer issues.Hope you understand! Please do keep an eye on our website though, we occasionally offer promotional discounts at different times throughout the year...

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

No Problem, totally understand....just wish I had been more pro active in keeping up to date at the time!Won't stop me from getting it now though...looks amazing.Thanks,Glenn