Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

FSUIPC update status / AS2004.5 problems

Hi all,During advanced testing and troubleshooting of some visibility and wx consistency issues brought up recently, we have identified a confirmed problem between FSUIPC 3.4x and ActiveSky2004 (any version).This can account for many oddities, including inconsistent wx (including clouds and visibility), wx pops, wind shifts and more.Pete has identified provided a solution to this, and we are currently testing a new FSUIPC version internally and so far things are looking good. We are waiting for an official FSUIPC update release which should hopefully happen very soon.***EDIT ADDITIONThis problem is not a "bug" in FSUIPC or AS, but rather an unforeseen problem with the traditional method AS uses for FSUIPC writes, coupled with recent FSUIPC enhancements in related areas.***Thanks to all for your help and patience getting this sorted out. Thanks to Jim Skorna for doing a great job with support issues and helping me with troubleshooting and follow-up. Thanks to Pete for his assistance identifying and providing a solution for this...I shall report back with an announcement of FSUIPC's release as soon as it is available. Thanks again!

As always...excellent work. I have been noticing some odd things..especially the wx pops. Look forward to the update.

Guest Fjorko

Yes, this is great news indeed. I was sure AS2004.5 was capable of much more than just beautiful cloudscapes !!Thanks for all the hard work. I am still a satisfied customer !Regards