Sign in to follow this  
Guest filip146

Low visibility !!!

Guest filip146

Hello,Following METAR for KATL:KATL 062251Z 10006KT 0SM R09R/2600V3500FT FG VV001 13/12 A3008 RMK AO2 SFC VIS 1/16 SLP185 T01280122Pretty foggy if you ask me.... in FS however with AS2004 loaded, I got a visibility of 15 miles. Temperature, wind and altimeter settings were correct. Maybe because the visibility in the above metar is 0SM? Any ideas?Thanks,Filip

I had the same result about two or three weeks ago here at CYOW. The metar reported 0SM visibility, but AS2004 gave me 15M visibility. I know that FS probably cannot give 0SM, but could activesky read 0SM and send FS the lowest possible value for visibility?I also want to let the AS team know how great this program is coming fromn a FSMeteo convert! It takes FS to a whole new level!!DevinCYOW

Guest filip146

Hi,Thanks for the answer. It indeed may be a good thing if a 0SM value is translated into 1/16SM in FS. Then I could train my CAT3 procedures on my PSS A330/A340 !!! Filip.

Hi,Just a follow-up... found the problem, related to a recent build code change. Fixed and tested OK. Pending a public update beta release very soon (still one last Radar issue remaining to solve first).Thanks!