Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

Anyone notice the pattern of the clouds and shades of gray are disgusting?

I have chris's latest fsw and activesky i used to have the default clouds and they were awesome really nice and realistic to look at, what is with chris's sets the closest to the default it seems what i have tried so far is not that appealing to me. Just a question what was the real purpose of the fsw clouds were they rewritten completly for fps or visual quality?? Don't get me wrong some are very nice and the sun and moon too but the patterns seem strange to me?

Hi, The pattern clouds are from fs2004 engine and have nothing to do with active sky or, fs sky world 2004 only replace texture."shades of gray are disgusting?I don't know what's you are talking about, post a screenshots.if you are talking about color on clouds, they change with sky set, on default fs2004 it happend many time , grey clouds changing to new color etc,there is hifps, hifpsv2 external files zip (default for better performance only not visual) and fs sky world 2004Be aware these files are included in fs sky world 2004 they are called; hifps, hifpsv2 all, others cumulus A to I are new clouds texture, to have all possibility for clouds formation, it may take time to saw them since you have to get many differents metars and even with that's, not sure you will see them all, to many cloud formation, you can saw them on the flight situation saved flight called fs sky world 2004 1 to 35.Clouds formation are the same as default 2004, and these are the clouds that's show in your screen, fs sky world 2004 change the texture, to get the same clouds formation like you ever like before, you have to load the metars files or set the cloud formation like you saw before.It is impossible to reproduce clouds , if the clouds formation metar is not saved not matter what's you are using.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

>Just a question what was the real purpose of>the fsw clouds were they rewritten completly for fps or visual>quality?? Don't get me wrong some are very nice and the sun>and moon too but the patterns seem strange to me? Some are very nice but the patterns seem strange........This got to be one of the most bizarre statements I have recently read on these forums.Patterns of what? Can you provide a pic of this strange pattern? Only some are nice? Could you show examples of those not so nice?Have you ever looked at "shades of grey" and complex clouds patterns when flying on a plane? I suggest you do it next time you have a chance to fly - and take a long hard look. Chris' work was obviously done to enhance visual quality but if you have doubts about quality of his work I am at loss of words. I suggest you return to default clouds and forget about this package.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2