Hi Support:1) Do we have to uninstall previous versions of Active Sky eg AS2004.5, prior to installing ASV??2) If we already have (as I do) the latest (paid) version of FSUIPC 3.48 installed in FS2004, how do we avoid re-installing and so possibly destroying all of other assignments, including joysticks, buttons, keys, etc.Many ThanksPeter Hayes

Hi Peter.1. No, AS2004.5 can stay installed. Many or all of the beta testers have both installed.2. No, a reinstall of FSUIPC will not be necessary. All of that will stay in the same location and your settings will remain!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

A request for the upgrade routine:With the AS2004 upgrade from WxRE, it was necessary to leave WxRE in place. I'd really like to freesome disk real-estate. On this upgrade, if you are distributing via SimMarket(?), can it just be accomplished via their sales records on their server similar to the Flight1 e-commerce system?Once upgraded I'd like to do a (fit your release season here) cleaning and defragging.(I am now using only FS9 on XP so no need for WxRE.)

Here's another question about installation:Is it possible to install most of ASV on another harddisk partition, or does everything go into the FS9 folder structure itself? I understand that at least some of it will have to go into the FS9 folder, such as the modules and the textures actually being used at the time, but can the main store of textures etc. be kept on another partition?My FS9 partition is getting rather full; most add-on scenery is on other partitions already...Yes, FS is taking over my computer.Thanks,Martijn

Hi,Interesting idea!The placement structure is the same as AS2004 which I am pretty sure you use right?I really don't think so, because texture files would need to be moved between partitions.Could be time for a new hard drive!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Hi,Yes you can install ASV anywhere you want! If you don't use FS9's folder though, you must manually copy/locate the appropriate activeradar.dll and activeradar folders into the FS9Modules folder.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies