Sign in to follow this  
Guest WorkingStiff

BIOS Settings

Quick question: Can anyone tell me wether my video adapter settings should be AGP or PCI, aperature 64mb or 256mb, using windows 98 on a 1 Gig, 768mb, GeForce 2 MX/400 64mb video card system?Thanks in Advance,Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

OK, never mind, I figured out the slot issue. My PNY Verto card is AGP. But what aperature size are you guys running? I have 748MB RAM.Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Appature size is a 'suck-it-and-see' affair :) Some people run with 32MB, some with 128MB; if you go below 32MB it turns off AGP support IIRC.Do a search in this forum for AGP or AGP appature, there are plenty of posts about this and related matters :)

Guest WorkingStiff

There used to be a website called www.geforcefaq.com but apparently they lost their domain name to "cyber squatters." You can now find them at http://www.technologyvault.co.uk/geforce/f...rog=gef〈=enEverything you want to know about GeForce cards is answered there. You should really take a look. They advise the following:"What should my AGP Aperture size be set to?" "Answer: It should be set to half your system RAM if possible, and if not it should be set at some point below or equal to the amount of RAM that you have. However, it is possible to experience speed advantages of 2-3 fps from setting the AGP Aperture size to 256 regardless of the amount of RAM that you have, and there are some games that may have visual problems fixed by setting the AGP Aperture size to 256. Beware that setting the AGP Aperture size too low (below 32) will actually disable AGP which will cause a speed decrease, although stability problems may be solved - see the 'My GeForce keeps on locking up or drops me back to the desktop during 3D applications. How can I fix it?' question for more information. There are also some programs that have problems (stuttering, flashing or corrupted textures, blank screens) when the aperture size is set too high. Experiment and see which setting is best for your system and programs. It's possible that if you set your AGP Aperture size to 256 you will be able to load the 64MB texture test in 3DMark2000 even if you haven't got enough video memory. In addition, if you set the aperture too large you may get 'Out of Memory' errors - see the 'I get 'Out Of Memory' errors although I have plenty of RAM installed. How can I fix it?' question for more information. You can only change this in your BIOS setup - it may be called something slightly different, so look for a setting that is measured in MB and can be set to values such as 16, 32, 64, 128 and 256. Different motherboards allow different settings - for example, i815 motherboards will not allow you to set the aperture size above 64MB."