Sign in to follow this  
ronzie

Enroute Charts?

Hello all, I'm sort of sick of going direct GPS. I see that FSHot Seat is coming out soon and that's a possibility but for now, where is a good portal for Sim Charts? I really don't want to spend the money for the Jeppesen version. I have all the plates I need right now but not enroute charts. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

The Simworks have have US high and low packs from Aerad. Personally I find Aerad better quality then Jepps.George

Agreed,I've been using it since 3x, and in conjunction with all the airways 4x offers and the updates in the airac cycles here http://www.navdata.at/ it makes navigating via the airways pretty easy.Another solution is to go to your local airport's pilot shop and see if they have any out-of-date high/low alt. enroute charts laying around you can have. I did that a long time ago, and have been happy with the charts ever since (yeah flying with out-of-date charts is dangerous...in the real world!) :-lolI need to do a flight just manually navigating along an airway using VORs...Man...if I can still remember how! :)Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

As others have stated FSNavigator is quite good at depicting the airways throughout the world. I use FSNavigator only for exporting flightplans to RC format and as a visual moving map reference if the plane I'm flying is not equipped with such. For planning I use realworld dispatched flightplans and my own enroute folding paper charts. In fact, I just ordered new charts from iPilot ( http://www.ipilot.com/ ). I believe the high altitude enroute charts for the US were around $12 for the current set. I also ordered terminal procedure charts (bounded) for the entire US, a new logbook, full set of A/FD charts, North Atlantic Route Charts (for simming puroposes), and an East/West folding planning chart, all for around $170 which included shipping. All of the charts are NACO as the Jepp charts seem to be just a bit too high for my budget at the moment. But, the Logbook is Jepp. :D Don't get me started on subscription services for the Jepp charts. My oh my is that a chunk of change. Regards,Dan Zollner

You can get a bound album of US low altitude enroutes for not too much at www.desktopwings.com that are not too outdated. Other chart packs are available as well.This album (neatly spiral bound) is slightly outdated and consists of pages scanned from the full 27 charts. They also sell current charts as well.--extract--IFR Aeronautical Chart Atlas for Flight Simulation$24.95, shipping and handling, overseas postage additional This 246 page atlas includes all 27 Low Altitude Enroute charts. They are same-scale reproductions of the NOS (National Ocean Service) originals, formatted to an 11 x 11 inch page. Spiral binding allows the book to lie flat when open. Area Chart includes larger scale detail for a dozen of the country's busiest airports. Area covered: Continental USA, northern Bahamas (does not include Alaska or Hawaii-------also if you want the high :--------United States - IFR Enroute HIGH Altitude Set $12.30 plus shipping & handling, overseas postage additional IFR enroute high altitude charts are designed for navigation at or above 18,000 feet MSL. This chart series includes jet route structure, VHF radio aids to navigation (frequency, ID, channel, geographic coordinates), selected airports. Area covered: United States (does not include Alaska or Hawaii) ---------and finally of interest:-----IFR / VFR Planning Chart for the USA$4.75 plus shipping & handling, overseas postage additional This chart is designed for pre-flight and enroute flight planning for IFR and VFR flights. Very helpful for virtual airline pilots. Scale:1 inch=47nm/1:3,400,000. Chart measures 40 x 36 inches, folded. Planning Chart includes: depiction of low altitude LF/MF and VHF airways and mileages navigational facilities airports special use airspace areas cities time zones mileage table showing great circle distances between major airports, and more. United States (does not include Alaska or Hawaii) -------I bought the low altitude, the planning chart, and also the FAA Chart Interpretation book from them. They have other goodies as well both current and collections of outdated of interest.