Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

Support Topic: WideFS Problems

Hi all,This topic pertains to WideFS users only.If you have been experiencing any problem with ActiveRadarConnector properly detecting files/folders and throwing error messages without successful completion, please download this test interim ARConnector which should solve the problem: http://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/Acti...arConnector.zip.If you are having problems with "FS9 Path not found" or "Application Data Path not found" please check the following:1) Your are properly sharing your APPLICATION DATA folder on the FS machine (not the FS Plans folder). If you can't see this folder, check your Windows Explorer, View, Folder Options settings which may be hiding system/hidden files. This folder is required for proper new ASv6 virtual wx station insertion (FS keeps wx station files here).2) You have proper read/write permission and are either sharing in a ROOT DRIVE (via mapping setup) or sharing the base FS9 folder path (via UNC setup).Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I'm getting an "Program Error... Exiting (verify proper..." when I try to start ActiveRadarConnector. I downloaded the interim ARconnector but it still gives this error.I've installed ASv6 on a second PC and have full access to each shared volumes on both pc's. Whether I use an UNC path or a mapped drive, I always get this error. I first installed ASv6 in a different folder (C:Flightsim filesActiveSky6modules....) but when it didn't work I reinstalled it to the default sugessted folder (c:BaseFolderModules..)Any suggestions?By the way, I had a lot of trouble to get ASv6 installed in the first place. One of the reasons was that I didn't understand the setup screen properly: the directions can be easily misunderstood. The other major cause was that I had a registry entry for FS2004 on that PC, which pointed to a fs2004 folder on another PC that was turned off. It was probably put there by another tool in the past, when it tried to correct a missing entry. In that case, the installation of Asv6 fails because it thinks that FS2004 is installed on the pc and tries to find the folder and then can't connect to it.In the end, I got Asv6 installed, but I still cannot start ActiveRadarconnector. I have the firewalls disabled.Allard.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I copied the dll and Activeradar folder manually to the modulesfolder, as was suggested as a last resort in the readme.txt. It shows up in the sim, but doesn't show precipitation, even in a thunderstorm. It does show the current wind though, so it seems to be connected. I'll do some more testing.By the way, many thanks for the new ActiveSky. It is even better than the previous version, and I really like the weather finder. It's a great find. The new graphics are also marvellous an it's wonderful to fly at dawn or dusk.Allard.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Thanks for the mamoth FREE upgrade Damian, a very nice Christmas present :-) I also had problems with Active Radar but your interim connector fixed the problem. I have not checked for precipition yet but the other functions of Active Radar appear to be working correctly.Enjoy the Christmas period with your family, IIRC this is your first Christmas with your new son, enjoy.Best wishes

Guest RichardL

Not sure just what happened but now I have no AS weather. I too run AS on a networked computer. ASVE was working fine with WideClient running. Now everytime I start AS6 it keeps asking for FS9 and Documnents folder locations. Must be a network sharing problem. The hunt continues.Richard

Hellosame problem here it keeps asking for the fs9 and documents folders.I triple checked there are on read and write.Whats wrong here ?ThanksBruno

Bruno 

Try opening the FS9 folder on the Wideclient PC and then trying ASV.I had a similar problem with the earlier version of ASV; I think it is possibly a slow connection to the share.Good luckOoops! Spoke too soon. Mine's doing the same with both FS9 and the APP DATA share.

Guest United

Me too. ASV6 does not wish to reconnect to the FS9 folder and Application Data shares!! HELP!Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest kdundon

I just loaded it following the procedures in the zip file attached to the first message in this thread and got it to work after copying the file in the zip file over to the folder on my second pc overwriting the original file. My error at first was I was not mapping from the pc that Flight sim was on to the drive that ASV6 was on. I also found that I was trying to install ASV6 into the FS9 folder instead of taking the default c:basefolder on my WideFS Pc. When I closely followed the instructions it worked first time. Ken

Hi guys,We have about 7 open cases of this issue (about 10 originally, 3 have been solved), while a majority of WideFS users haven't had the problem. We believe at this time it is due to confusion of networking and security settings coupled with some less-than-desirable handling of the error checking in ASv6 networked configuration. We hope to improve things by of course identifying the exact problems in each case and providing an easier, more fail-safe way of handling all this.Anyhow, to get you up and running ASAP, please check these notes:1) On the FS PC, you must be sharing the C:Documents and Settingsyour user nameApplication Data folder for both read and write (i.e. in share properties, make sure the "allow network users to change my files" box is checked). If you cannot see this folder, go into windows explorer, tools, folder options, view and make sure that the options "Display the contents of system folders" and "Show hidden files and folders" is checked/selected.2) Also on the FS PC, you must be sharing the FS folder, this time C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulat 9 (or wherever it is installed). Same notes apply.. share it for read/write.3) If you have firewall or AV software running, make sure that ASv6 is getting proper permissions across both machines. Firewall software can be problematic here, blocking ASv6 from accessing the FS PC (from either the WideFS OR FS machine). So make sure everything is good here (and possibly temporarily disable things to isolate to this issue if you suspect this is where the problem is).4) If you continue to have problems, please provide us with the following information:-Full drive/path names of your Application Data and Flight Simulator 9 folders.-Full drive/path name of your ASv6 installation folder.-Share names and exact paths shared for both Appdata and FS9.-Screenshots of the share properties would also help.-Feel free to email me directly at damianc@hifisim.com for direct developer support.Thank you for your patience while we work this out!Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hello Damianproblem solved!I shared the wrong folder (C:Documents and Settingsyour user nameApplication DataMicrosoftfs9) this was wrong.And I bet most users with this problem made the same mistake.So make sure sharing exactly this folderC:Documents and Settingsyour user nameApplication Data <---- This one regardsBruno

Bruno 

In case this is of use Damian. Win XP Pro.All 3 folders shared with full read/write access.FS9 is mapped on the non-FS PC.App data is shared but not mappedASv6 is shared but not mapped.If I open My Network Places on the non-FS PC it takes a few seconds to display the sahred and mapped drives on both PC's.If I start AS I get the errors mentioned in this thread.If I open both the FS and App Data folders on the non-FS PC I still get the errors.However if I open a folder in the FS & App Data shares and then start AS all goes well, no errors. I can then close the shared folders, quit AS, restart AS and there are no errors.I have not had chance to check how long this lasts but suspect it may last until either PC is switched off.It looks as if AS is not giving enough time for the shares to become 'active'.Rgds

Guest United

Bruno went and pointed out the myterious OBVIOUS solution, you GOTTA share the right folder, it's the APPPLICATION folder, not the ones beyond it like I was doing for who god knows what reason. I checked the ASV6 documentation and that's what it said......... boy do I feel like a putz!! unbelievable..........Thanks guys!!Randy Jura, KPDX

I still can't get activeradar to work. I copied manually the dll and the activeradar folder from the WideFS PC, since the ARconnector doesn';t work. It shows wind, but doesn't show precipitation. When i load a flightplan in ActiveRadar, it shows for all weather stations "weather not available" in red. The data in FSUIPC's Weatherset2.exe (running on the Flightsim pc) matches those with Asv6 on the Widefs pc.The strange thing is, If I start Activeradarconnector.exe on the WideFS pc, i get a welcome screen, and a next button, so it seems to work there. I get the same result if I start the connector.exe on another PC which I use for testing. If I start the connector.exe on my Flightsim PC, I get a "Program Error... Exiting(Verify proper file locations and Mapped Drive to the ROOT of the WideFS/ASv6 Machine)". I have shared the root of the drive where I have my documents&settings and FS9. The root of the drive on the WideFS machine is also shared. I'm running a Windows2003 Active Directory (on a seperate server), and am logged in on both machines with the same domainusername, which is a local administrator on both machines. I verified that I have full accessrights on both shares, and for good measure checked that I can create files on both shares. I have uninstalled and reinstalled .net 1.1, and added .net 2.0 later. I have disabled the firewall on both machines and have even stopped the (symantec )antivirus services to make sure they don't play a role in this. On my flightsim pc, I use Windows XP sp2, installed especially for Flightsimming and it was recently installed (10 days old.) I haven't installed any major addon except for FSUIPC 3.52, a set of my preferred afcad's and a number of AI aircraft (projectAI).In the activeradarconnector.txt I'm told that if the Activeradar installation fails, I manually need to copy the folder and files. I wonder, is that enough, or do I also need to modify any INI file so that the radarmodule knows where to find Asv6?Allard.PS Merry christmas to everyone.

Flightsim rig: