Sign in to follow this  
KennyG

Instrument Panel Disappears.

Hi All:I have a registered version of FSUIPC 4.02 and also Active Sky with FSX.I have noticed that frequently, the Main Instrument Panel will disappear and I am left with a black screen, replacing where the panel was.I have been trying to track the cause and it appears to happen during the times I have initiated the weather programs whether it be the default or active sky.Sometimes I can get the panel back in its place if I change views several time.I do not believe it is a problem with FSUIPC because I don't believe it touches the actually graphics for the program.I even left the aircraft stationary without starting it and after several minutes it went from the 2D panel view to the spot view with out touching anything.Again I had weather loaded when this happened.A possibility may be that I do not have the sliders positioned properly although I am getting 15 FPS most times.Any comments would be appreciated.I have a dual core with a GF 7950 video card.Also posted on the FSX Threads.Kenny G.

I dont know if this might help at all but a friend of mind had the same problem but not necessarily related to Active Sky. One of FSX tips going about is to add the BufferPools line with a PoolSize of, say, 5000000 to fxs.cfg. When he deleted the tip all worked okay with no sporadic instrument panel disappearing. Funny thing is, l cant replicate this problem on my rig with or without the PoolSize tip added. So, a graphics refresh issue depending on the state of the PC memory and sim at the time of the fault? It may be just coincidental but worth a thought - good luck!Phil

>I dont know if this might help at all but a friend of mind>had the same problem but not necessarily related to Active>Sky. One of FSX tips going about is to add the BufferPools>line with a PoolSize of, say, 5000000 to fxs.cfg. When he>deleted the tip all worked okay with no sporadic instrument>panel disappearing. Funny thing is, l cant replicate this>problem on my rig with or without the PoolSize tip added. So,>a graphics refresh issue depending on the state of the PC>memory and sim at the time of the fault? It may be just>coincidental but worth a thought - good luck!>>PhilTks. Phil for your response.I did have the PoolSize tip added to my CFG file and still was loosing my instrument panel when I had weather loaded.I then removed it, and of course the problem still remained.I may not have had the fix for PoolSize correctly added to the cfg file.Can you advise exactly in the config file where it goes.I believe I had it inserted in the second last line of the config fileI have since removed my cfg file and placed my original cfg file with no tweaks, but still receive the disappearing panel.Tks. again Phil any help is appreciated.Apparently I am not the only one, I did a search in the FSX thread and several people reporting the same problem.If there was a way of refreshing the screen maybe this is the problem.Kenny G. Kenny G

Hello fellow simmers:)Just to add to my problem re: the Panel disappearing.I booted up FSX with no weather and the Panel displayed as per advertised.When I downloaded the weather via Active Sky after several min. switching spot views I again lost the panel and only had the black background where the panel normally sits.I did this several time with the same results.My specs are as followsAny suggestions welcomed.Intel Core TM2 CPU6400@213 GHz213 GHz 1.0 GB RamGF 7950

Hi,This sounds like a texture overload. Suggestions:1) Update video drivers (or try a recent last-known working version)2) If overclocking, slow it down back to default3) Go back to default video-related BIOS settings if changed4) If you've done ANYTHING to FSX.cfg, that could very well be related, so I suggest backing up then deleting the cfg and letting FSX rebuild.Does this help?

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I'm having the same problem also. As soon as AS loads weather, I loose 2D panel.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Hi,I've had this problem as well. It seems to be related to visibility -- if it's below 10 miles the problem comes up. This is also more touchy if your using bmp textures on the model your flying, not the new DXT5 or other approved textures.Hope this helps

>Hi,>>I've had this problem as well. It seems to be related to>visibility -- if it's below 10 miles the problem comes up.>This is also more touchy if your using bmp textures on the>model your flying, not the new DXT5 or other approved>textures.>>Hope this helpsHi LupoI believe the visibility below 10 miles may have something to do with the disappearance of the Main Panel.We have been having heavy clouds and overcast here in London Ontario for the past week and very low visibility.Tks. again for your comments.Kenny G.