Hi,Can you watch the picture and told me why the wind is at 215 and not between 350v080?Thank youChristian

Hi,The wind direction at lsgg is 215 , you didn't see it on the picture? It's clear...no?Thanks Christian

I think you're right Chris!The text METAR says 050 at 10 and I don't think that you'd see the variable wind interval spaced over a full 270 degrees, whereas the 90 degrees as understood by you (and proven by the 050/10!) is the correct interpretation.So - sorry Jim, but I think you're wrong... ;-)Cheers,S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Hi,So can you explain that (watch the picture wind direction), it's not like you said...I'm wrong?For me this is right...Christian

>The METAR was 350V80. What does that mean? That the winds>were VARIABLE betweem 350 and 80 degrees. Half of that is>215!!>How is that wrong??>>Thanks,>Jim>No Jim, the METAR reads: "Wind 050 degrees at 10 knots, varying between 350 and 080 degrees..." So the general wind direction was from the NE and not SWThis is from http://www.met.tamu.edu/class/METAR/metar-pg6.html (my highlighting of the word clockwise):Variable wind direction with wind speed greater than 6 knots shall be coded in the format, dndndnVdx dxdx. The variable wind direction group shall immediately follow the wind group. The directional variability shall be coded in a clockwise direction. For example, if the wind is variable from 180 to 240 at 10 knots, it would be coded "21010KT 180V240".Cheers,S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Hi,I'm sorry but the error is always here with the update SP1.you can verify but only when the wind cross 360

Guest involution

I wonder if this glitch about figuring out the opposite direction of the average wind explains much of the instability of wind shifts reported in other threads, or if this is a whole different issue...

Hi Christian,Just an FYI it is best to start a new thread instead of jumping on an old one that was presumed closed... sometimes things get missed.Anyhow, I am unable to duplicate this behavior at first look, but we have it on the list for a detailed investigation.If you have an .PLN files with a particular wx date/time that demonstrates this problem, please send to us at support@hifisim.com.. it would be much appreciated!Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies