Hi everyone!A million thanks go out to our beta team who did great helping us get this product to release status before Christmas!We're officially released!Here is the official announcement:12/21/2007: XPax has been released!!! XPax, a new multimedia passenger simulation add-on from HiFi, has been officially released! This add-on is compatible with both FSX AND FS9! A full multi-media passengers experience is provided, with included audio and video content (4 unique voices with over 12 total sets). New content sets can be recorded or imported with a few clicks. Passengers are fully simulated from boarding to deplaning, with all various phases of flight properly tracked and monitored. Passengers can be viewed in real time via the manifest or top-down seating diagram screen! 3 detailed cabins are provided as well as a universal

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Will this cause any problems with FS2 Crew?? I use the PMDG 737 800 and the PMDG 747-400 with their respective versions of Fs2 Crew in fs9.Would love to have passenger interaction if possible !Thanks

Just downloaded it and so far it seems like a fun add-on. My computer has trouble finding web pages when programs try to access them so is it possible to download the instruction manual from the HiFi website?I click on the Help button, but that's when the computer bring up IE, but nothing appears.Thanks.

Guest Werd

HelloCan someone confirm it works fine with medium size aircrafts? Like 8-20 seats? Third party aircraft? If the aircraft is not recognized, can we assign a preset to the aircraft?Also, since there is no demo, can we have a video to see how it works?

Using the diagram tab you can set any seating arrangement you want from 1x1x1 to 3x3 to 2x2 etc..... set the number of seats in economy and first from 0 to whatever you need and the diagram changes to reflect your choices.I can change the aircraft to "other" seating and then change the diagram to match the aircraft, enter in a user defined name, but it doesn't seem to save it when exiting, at least I don't think it does unless I missed something.Overall, nice little utility for ambience and aircraft loading. Wish it did fuel though.....

Guest Werd

>Using the diagram tab you can set any seating arrangement you>want from 1x1x1 to 3x3 to 2x2 etc..... set the number of seats>in economy and first from 0 to whatever you need and the>diagram changes to reflect your choices.>>I can change the aircraft to "other" seating and then change>the diagram to match the aircraft, enter in a user defined>name, but it doesn't seem to save it when exiting, at least I>don't think it does unless I missed something.>>Overall, nice little utility for ambience and aircraft>loading. Wish it did fuel though.....Thanks!What exactly means 1x1x1, 3x3 etc?? :-hmmmGuess this save bug isnt a big deal since it's just realeased and there will be updates.

Hi,Thanks for the feedback folks...The custom other cabin will self-configure based on aircraft capacity, and can be changed after as described in capacity (coach or first class) and configuration (number of seat "letters" on each side of the aisles).When changing a self-configured cabin the changes are not saved to that aircraft.. the modifications are temporary for that session or until a new aircraft is loaded (and a detailed or other self-configured other cabin is loaded).We do plan on expanding things... we have lots of plans for XPax and this is just the starting point. Please continue sending your feedback and suggestions! Concerning fuel, could you elaborate on your ideas on how that should be simulated?Also please remember our tell-us@hifisim.com address where all suggestions and comments are officially logged.Best,

Damian Clark

Question,On the XPax page you mention live loading and monitoring of passengers and cargo.How does this work with complex third-party aircraft such as Level-D or PMDG whereby messing with their respective configurations and files could cause havoc to the installation and/or stability of the aircraft?In FSPassengers, these types of aircraft had to have a configuration in the ini file changed to "ignore" becuse that add-on was detrimental to the stability of complex third-party aircraft.Is XPax fully compatible with complex third-party aircraft in this regard?Thanks...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi Al,We've tested things fairly extensively with PMDG airliner aircraft and quite a few others without any troubles reported.Best,

Damian Clark

This would require some configuration but based on your flightplan the amount of fuel could be calculated (or entered manually), but loaded along with the PAX weights and cargo. Not sure if it's feasible but would be nice to have it all in one.I'm currently using a freeware fuel planner for the the B737 that calculates the fuel for the trip based on several user inputs such as cruise level, distance, alternate airport distance, APU time, Taxi time and reserve fuel. On a click of a button it loads the fuel.Another one for the ERJ 145 that calculates fuel based on Departure, Arrival and alternate distance, weather conditions etc...... that simulates fuel pumps and slowly loads the fuel.The difficult part would be calculating fuel flow for each individual aircraft and would have to be based on a plethora of configurations.The other option is to be able to enter the amount of fuel one wants to load and have XPAX load the fuel into FSX, maybe having the fuel truck called, nixing the FSX popup and loading the fuel when the truck arrives.

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Can Xpax run on a seperate PC like ASX does? I run ASX on my laptop and love that feature.

Guest kolaf

It works for me, no need to change anything, either, once you have set up the remote pc for asx :)

Congrats on the new release!I have a question on behalf of FS2Crew users.Is there an option to disable the automatic jetway and door operation?FS2Crew attempts to automatically control the doors, too.So we'll be both be attempting to control the doors, resulting in them opening and closing, opening and closing... hahaha!Cheers,Bryan