Guest Temp

>Hi,>>After updating to SP3 I do not get blue skies anymore>anywhere. A layer of fog is depicted about 3000ft above ground>level, no matter what the weather is like. From below that>layer the sky looks white as if overcast, even if there's not>a single cloud in the sky.>>Regards, >joschy66Same for me too. At first I wasn't sure if that's what the actual weather was but it's happening too frequently now. A foggy type of translucent haze all the way from London Gatwick to Glasgow for three days running now once you get to about 3000 to 4000ft AGL. I'm using ASX SP3 and an unregistered version of the latest FSUIPC (4.28).I will try with fog layer "unchecked" in the ASX weather settings on my next flight to see if that resolves the problem.Regards.Graham.

Guest joschy66

Hi,fog layer generation is off.Still the same problem.I attached two screenshots one slightly below the 'fog layer' one just a few feet above.Strange thing that it seems it has nothing to do with the first cloud layer or something.Regards.

Hi,I have the same behavior but I think it's not an ASX issue. I started FSX without ASX and get a "fog layer" at 11000ft. I've attached to screenshots, one below 11000ft and one above. I think it has to do with the FSX visibility layers. But maybe someone has a solution for this.RegardsWolfgang

Wolfgang Schroeder

I see the same thing at times. Don't know what the "FSX visibility layer" is. Whatever it is, it sure is ugly.Edit: After doing some self-help, it appears my problem may be caused by have max surface viz and max upper viz set to different values? Is there any more help on some of these settings than what is in the html documentation? It seems like the documentation for the older Active Sky versions provided more insight into exactly what some of the settings actually do. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/188861.jpgscott s..

Hi Scott,No, you can have different values.We try to provide enough information but not too much so that the document goes on forever. We think it is always a fine line between the 2. Feel free to post here if anyone ever need more information.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest chpuig

Hi all,the SP3 is really awesome! No more visibility problems when CAVOK is in the metar. But, I have the same problem of this strange layer of very thin cloud around 3000 ft. Even with clear sky all around in the weather stations I cannot see the blue sky. And when I am above this thin layer of cloud the ground looks like we are in winter (a lil grey). It is something new but I am not sure if it appeared with SP3.ChristianPS : from the ground this clouds looks like something between a thin stratus cloud layer and a weird fog depiction. And of course "Enable Fog Layer Simulation" is unchecked.

Guest joschy66

Hi,I tried to change several settings, but that doesn't help.Let me just remind you, that a) the problem definetly occured with SP3 (wasn't there before and is not there when I run FSX without ASX):( It's not some FSX visibility graduation problem I think, because it's always fixed to ~3,000 ft. I've attached two more screeshots taken near Hamburg right now. I am in Hamburg, and I can tell you, the weather is like it is in the second shot (mainly blue skies and a few clouds). But in FSX, below 3,000ft it's all grey. All over the world.I thought it might have something to do with the Maximum Surface/Upper visibility, but that is not the case.I hope there is some kind of easy solution, because it's really boring flying in the grey...Regards,joschy66

I'll chime in here also. I had not flown for awhile I am on my third flight of the day. First flight no SP3, did not realize there was a service pack. After the first flight I updated and I too have picked up this haze layer above 3000ft. No blue skys at all and it makes this haze layer makes clouds look a bit funky.Every thing good though with SP3 except for that.

Guest joschy66

Hi Jim,First of all, thanks for your fast support so far!I already did that. Still the same. I don't have FSUIPC installed. Maybe I should... :-)Meanwhile I found out that the thin fog layer is depicted between the Upper and Surface Visibility layer. They touch at one exact altitude (for instance at 3002ft.) If I put them asunder by only 1 foot (set the upper layer at 3003ft. for example) everytbing's fine!But this I have to do wherever I fly. So it's not really a solution, just an idication where the problem might be...

I've attached a screenshot of ASX report page. I got the 'fog layer' at 3000ft. Maybe you can reproduce it with the following settings:Date: April 2, 2007Time: 22:00 GMZAirport: YWLMHTHWolfgang

Wolfgang Schroeder