Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

GIV textures posted! Merry Christmas!

Dohhhhhh, I can't find your textures that you have uploaded.HELP.........Love Rick's GIV, one of the best on my list.I have done the RW Gulfstream and give thumbs up to this model, OUTSTANDINGHad some minor problems at first and Rick bent over backwards to help and then to top that off he put out a revision covering what feedback he had received. Way to Go ! ! !! !NOW, WHERE ARE THE TEXTURES???????????/After all, I am retired corporate pilot and not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Some say my elevator does not go to the top floor.The wheel is turning but the hamster is DEAD. Now, where was I?

HornitTried out your green texture tonight ... I'm a bit confused. I'm getting no chrome or reflections and on checking the bitmap, see no alpha channel. Am I missing something?You mentioned once you repainted using MS Paint; if this is the case, then that would explain things but you still have to have got into the DXT3 original somehow. Do let me know, thanks.I like your treatment of the tail; looks good.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

The chrome is not on the fuselage textures at all. I didnt change any of that. You should still see all leading edges, and the reverser buckets in full gloriuos chrome. I have it on mine. Not sure why you don't. I never saw any real reflections on any of the fuselage textures anyway. My windows reflect also. Its just a DXT3 with no alpha but for the fuselage textures and nacelle only. You should still have full reflection on all those areas I mentioned. Looks fine this way on my machine. Oh,I used imagetool and dxtbmp for some of the changes.Hornit

BobG, Just do a search, they went in sometime toady I think or early in the am. They are all there.Hornit

Mark, I backed up my existing GIV folder and downloaded version 3. Installed it and then downloaded two of my repaints and both worked ok. Still have chrome where it should be. You may need to make sure you have version 3...although I'm pretty sure you do! Thanks for the work by the way!here is a shot.....now the fuselage white areas do not reflect. I never noticed it anyway except on the belly or wing bottom occasionally. This is because when I upped the resolution to 1024 for the fuselage I made it into a non alpha DXT 3. Helps a good bit with frame rates too. I still don't have paintshop pro or photoshop, need to find a way to use them without dropping all that dough :) Guess I should give it a go as I am really getting into doing these and paint just doesn't cut it unless its an easy scheme or simple aircraft.http://www.xplanefreeware.net/freehost/hornit/g4tan.JPG

Hi HornitThanks for your posts, very explanatory. Yes, I see the chrome now (in daylight at least, but that's the same for all) so I think my system just blipped when I first tried your repaint. That said, I do think it would be nice to have a simple 238 alpha on the fuselage bitmap just to keep those paint reflections; they do make a difference in my view, and it's a big advantage of GMAX. It's easily done and would not affect your other work.As to paint programs, you don't need Photoshop; I don't think many of us have that, given the cost of it. I use either Photoimpact (some versions of which are free on the front of magazines) or Paint Shop Pro (likewise). In conjunction with Martin Wright's DXT program, that gives you everything you need for complex repaints. Which I don't do, by the way - I'm no expert in layering stuff - you have to go over to POSKY if you really want to see what a wedding cake looks like. I'm with you - keep the frame rates down - but I can't believe a simple alpha on your lovely repaint would make much difference. I might run a benchmark test when I can get around to it.Have a very Merry Christmas. My two year old is about to come down ....Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

I also have never seen reflections on the chrome at night/dusk. Pretty sure the model comes that way out of the box :) as I have not messed with the metal part textures at all. I will get an alpha version of these for those that want it. I got a gift certificate today for Best buy and I am buying PSpro with it!! Hornit

Well, seriously, I have been around here for a couple of years and I still can not find the textures by Hornit.Not on the Xplane website and sure don't show up under hornit on avsim.If it isn't asking too much would someone please just put the *#%% LINK ON HERE?

Go to the avsim file library search, type in GIV under FS2002 repaints and textures. I'm on the second page at the bottom!!!My nick is not on the download, just my name Jim Campisi. Merry Christmas!Hornit

Well, BumbleBee, uh, hornit.......no wonder I couldn't find them.Got em now and they really look nice.How much of a job is it to put a particular N number on an aircraft?

Let me know what it is and I can do it pretty quick I should think :)You could probably do it pretty easily too, I'm not using anything fancy for this stuff.Hornit

Guest AndrewMal

PROBLEM! I've tried repainting the plane in the colors of Flight Options LLC. The aircraft has a gray bottom which does not agree with this FS plane at all! I get patches where the bottom is covered in gray and patches where it's just white. Is the texture mapping right on this aircraft because I don't think it is. I'll post a screen shot another time.-Andrew

Its a simpler model as far as textures go and mapping. Some things you just won't be able to do due to the way the gear doors and underside of the wing are mapped etc. Like I said simple schemes like the ones I did are some of the only options. Until some model/texture guru decides to change it, I'm happy with the way it is personally. Hornit