Sign in to follow this  
ronzie

Lost brake action (button) after installing CH Pedals

For some reason the brake function (button based) is not working anymore in my Joystick. Only the toe brakes work now (CH Pedals). Is there a conflict between differential toe brakes and single action analog braking?Thanks,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

My purpose is to have both brakes (toe brakes and Joystick button) enabled, FS won't let you.

That right.You can either have the axis (toebrakes) or the button/key, not both together. Because FS2K2 only knows Brakes, not Toebrake.Which is rather obvious if you think about it.Suppose you hit the Brake key/button.The key is telling FS2K2 to Brake, the pedals say 'don't break' (because the pedals are not pressed).Now, what would you expect FS2K2 to listen to ???And the same goes for all functions that you assign an axis to, like Throttle, rudder, elevator, etc etc.Cheers, Rob

While I have the same behavior with brakes/toebrakes, note that you still have button function even with a trottle axis. As an example, the power (throttle) control in a turbine will goto low idle on F1 which can be stepped with repeats of F2 into reverse thrust, atleast on mine. This is often cited to use to obtain reverse thrust (which requires low idle to enable) when a throttle control is not calibrated to go to reference zero.I have not experimented with the other axis so I don't know if button assignment will override those which might be assigned to mixture/condition, rudder, or elevator functions.

Ronzie,I'm sorry to disappoint you :-) but the throttle axis and F2 for reverse is NO different than the other axis.What actually happens:FS2K2 only "sees" an axis if it detects a change in it's value.Normally, "jitter" causes a continuous changes in value, especially with gameport axis. With good USB axis, its value doesnot change when you don't touch it. And then a button/key will work OK.Now, the reasons that the F2 key works for Reverse Thrust is NOT that the Throttle lever is at idle, but because you force the axis to be not-visible (= generate no value changes) by setting it in a deadzone at the idle position).In fact, with my Logitec USB joystick, I can put the the throttle wheel in any position, and use F2 to set thrust to idle and then reversed. Because F2 is just "Decrement Thrust".More and more details :-) Cheers, Rob

I have the CH USB 518 Stick, USB peds, and USB Pro Throttle. FSUIPC shows no jitter from discussed axis and I have the control smoothing activated for all axis. F2 did not work for me unless the (1) throttle was at zero and if not (2) I hit F1 first. Perhaps as you say, I did not hold it down long enough, but as I recall I did try it while watching the throttle lever in the throttle quad window.But hey, I'll try again.Anyway, by the original post subject, all I was stating it does appear that some axis functions can accept both linear control and button function assignments, just apparently not all axis.