Sign in to follow this  
keithwyness

Upgrade C47_at_9 and C47maan9

HiThe new VC with clickable controls is great. But it would be nice to have the same facility in, say, the Danish Airforce variant which I fly from Vaerloese (I live in Denmark for much of the year) I thought that just changing the panel.cfg files might do the job, but it doesn't, so I guess my simple-minded approach is not on. Is there anything WE can do or does it depend upon more extensive programming on your part, which of course you may not be ready to do at this stage? Whatever the answer, I think the whole package is marvellous!Regards

You need to be patient, as I believe that an updated model will eventually arrive. :-)

Graeme Butler

I believe if one of the panels in a particular model appeals to you then backing up the original folder and "copying" the preferred panel's folder to the aircraft of choice would work, as long as the models are similar. You wouldn't use an amphibian panel on a cargo ship, but, you probably could. I've swapped panel folders from plane to plane without any real unacceptable issues. A beechcraft panel in a Cessna may be wrong... but it works :)>I thought that just changing the panel.cfg files>might do the job, but it doesn't, so I guess my simple-minded>approach is not on. Is there anything WE can do or does it>depend upon more extensive programming on your part, which of>course you may not be ready to do at this stage? George "Alky

Hi guys. I'm afraid updating the Great Dane, or any of the other older models is not a simple - or even complicated - matter of switching files around or editting them. The VC upgrade was a complete redesign of the aircraft model. In other words, it's done with G-max and graphics programs. If it was that easy, poor old overworked Jan could take a break! The civilian DC-3 upgrade will put out some new models that will bring the all singing dancing VC to some new non-military Goons, but that still will not upgrade the R4D, original Cargo and Passenger DC-3's, the XC-47, OE-BEP, the D-Day C-47/Dakotas or any repaints based on any of these models.Believe me, we wish it was so easy for Jan to bring all the fleet up to the current standard but it's not. You can see how long it took to get these six birds out. I'll let him comment further on this and his plans, but you may just have to be satisfied with the All Theaters Pack and the upcoming Civilian pack if you must have the new VC. As has been mentioned, we have FSX to contend with, not to mention a not-so-little thing called the TBM Avenger.But all is not lost for your favorite livery. One of the new birds can be used for the basis of a new repaint, hopefully without too much trouble.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/maamsim_neon.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest kimdahl

Hi guysIt has been a long time since I last posted something on this forum, but now I have two reasons to do so. First I have to correct Bill's BIG mistake about the name of the Great Dane :-) it's OY-BPB, not OE-BEP. It is named after the company that owned the plane for a number of years: Bohnstedt-Petersen Biler (Bohnstedt-Petersen Cars). But don't worry, Jan V. has had the same problem...And then I would like to say something to Keith. It's nice to hear that you are actually flying this bird out of it's original base (29 years of active air force service from EKVL). I don't know which EKVL scenery you use (not the terrible default strip, I hope), but I think I have good news for you.In a few days there will be a new version of the Copenhagen City Scenery available, and this version will include major parts of EKVL. There are still lots of things to be done (this base really has A LOT of buildings), but this will at least be a good start, and a nice home for your virtual OY-BPB:EKVL01.jpgThe old Hangar 72EKVL02.jpgThe Hercules Hangar (H-46)EKVL04.jpgEKVL05.jpgMore details about downloads etc will be published when the beta testing has been completed ;-)Best regardsKim DahlBirkeroed, Denmark

Hi KimNice to know that at Birkeroed you are not so far from here (Snekkersten)- and good news about Vaerloese and the new version of the Copenhagen Scenery. No, I'm not using the default EKVL, I have a rather old FS2002 version by Jan Rasmussen, which works OK in FS9, although I needed an exclude line to remove a duplicate control tower that comes, I think, from the Copenhagen scenery.Will your new EKVL, and indeed the new Copenhagen scenery itself, be compatible with DanVFR? I am currently using CphCty30pre2005-09-11.Regards

Guest kimdahl

Hi there in Snekkersten :-)My version of EKVL actually contains a few bits of Jan Rasmussen's FS2002 scenery. I contacted him and got his permission to take over the project in order to make version for FS2004. So his tower is still there (that's propably why you have got a duplicate tower when using our prerelease version). When I took over the project I didn't know anything about Gmax modelling (I had done some Ground2K work for earlier Copenhagen Scenery versions plus some aircraft repaints like the OY-BPB for the FS2004 default DC-3), bur now I am beginning to understand it. There is still a long way to go, so the animated hangar doors and other kinds of eye candy will have to wait for a later version. So far I have built 8 hangars (including one for the local glider club), 12 fighter shelters, parts of the original North Camp (Nordlejren, a recruit training facility from 1910-1912, long before the air force moved out there in 1934), Afcad file and other bits.About the compatibility with DanVFR: I hope it will be at least 99 % compatible, but I can't say for sure, since I don't have this payware scenery. The entire Copenhagen Scenery project is now made to be 100 % compatible with the Danish Base Scenery (DBS), a freeware project by Lars Moellebjerg. And I am almost sure that the source for coast lines etc. is the same for both DBS and DanVFR. We were actually contacted by the DanVFR developers some time ago, because they wanted to tell us that a lot of our buildings were misplaced. It turned out that they had used an older version of our scenery for their test. When they tested the CphCty30pre2005-09-11 version, they found no errors :-)So I am optimistic about the compatibility, but there may be a little problem at the western end of the runway at EKVL which is very close to a wet swamp-like area. IF there is a problem it can be fixed with a little Ground2K patch for that area.Best regardsKim