Hi all,I recently purchased the dc3 package on cd rom.I am very pleased with it so far but for one problem.I am getting a regular port engine fail.I have no failures indicated in fs9 and have to the best of my knowledge done all the flight prep etc correctly.Any ideas anyone?TIA Alan

Hi Fred,thanks for reply,the manifold pressure indicator leaps around like mad and the engine loses all power and eventually stops altogether.The temperature of engines prior to this problem were all normal.Manifold pressure was set at 30" and prop pitch at 250.I was at cruise of 8000ft.Hope this helps :() Alan

AlanI guess there could be a number of reasons for this depending on your various settings, where you are flying, etc. etc. Maybe check:1. Fuel load. If you do not preset fuel loads and selectors but use MS default, MS will empty the left tank first.2. Mixture settings. Check assigments and sensitivities in the sim for the left mixture control, particularly if you have it set up for an axis control such as a throttle quadrant lever. I sometimes find that mine reverses itself for no apparent reason. FS has a few glitches like that.Also check in the sim that you are correctly setting mixture on that engine for your altitude.3. Where are you flying? Need carb heat? Watch out for outside air temperature getting too far below zero...Other than that, we can guarantee that the P&W supplied with your aircraft has been thoroughly checked out before delivery and has very few hours on it! Do let us know whether any of this helps.MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cx.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/avsimlogo.jpg[/a]

Hi Mark.many thanks for your helpful suggestions:o)I will check them out and get back to you in due course.Regards Alan

Hi Billthanks for your reply.I am using recently acquired Saitek Yoke/quadrant/rudder pedals.I think I may have cured the problem though,went for a flight today and the same fault occurred,however I paused the sim and had a good look around,and found the fuel supply to the port engine to be exhausted,I did not realize this could happen as the same amount of fuel was boarded for each engine.I switched in the aux tank and hey presto away we went.I am very new to the DC3 so I still have a fair amount of learning to do :( .Many thanks to you both for promptly answering my cry for help :()I am very pleased with the aircraft and in the near future will be getting the B25.Best regards Alan