Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest jbarruezo

FSMadrid Barajas 2002 scenery

Hi,I have been trying to download this scenery, but it seems to be unavailable.Does anyone know when it will be available or somewhere else to get it from.CheersDan.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I just went ot the site and I am amazed by the scenery! I always loved Lemd2k (upon which it was based) but I love their enhancements. I would think that perhaps they exceeded bandwidth? Happen a lot with private sites in the Flight Sim world. I'm going to email about it and hopefully they can fix it quickly! -Cal

Also got a 404 on that site. Try this instead:http://www.simuvuelo.org/escenarios/escenarios02.htmGo to Madrid on the menu at left and you will find the download. Check out the other sceneries too. Further up, the Spanish Mesh Group is also located on that site.Didn't get around to installing yet, but looks like I'll spend a lot of time in Spain soon.Peter

I installed and...Imagine abysmal frame rates....Multiply by 10...U get my drift... :-(

In a word - 'yes'!My system specs areXP2000512DDR RAMGF4 Ti4400So not bad, but I landed and found myself in a slideshow of about 4 fps which is really not good.

In today's day and age, I still not understand why the most recent scenery developers are not using GMAX to design airports and such.Thanks for the feedback! I guess I'll hold off on this scenery until someone makes it better!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Yes I don't understand either. I know the scenery is freeware but still how many people will use this scenery when the fps are that bad? I would prefer a good quality payware package.

heres a thought, the reason they dont use GMAX is because they can't/dont want to/ dont have time to/dont have access to/ LEARN how to use GMAX.You need to understand that it is not simply a matter of going from old way to GMAX with no need for learning and going through the process all over again.It is better that they create scenery with anything than with nothing at all.CheersBIK

Unfortunately, this is indeed the case, at least for me. I do wish that I could design more intricate buildings using the GMAX tools, but even with tutorials and pictures and slides and finger puppets, I just can not get a grasp of it. Add to that my work schedule, and I find I do not have the time to devote to "playing" with GMAX to try and get it to work for me. It's just not that user friendly, IMO. So I've stuck to designing with the FS2002 default buildings. Not always what I'm looking for, but better than the MS Default scenery a lot of times. Rob DieboldNo sig... Bad pie...

I removed the two *stat.bgl files and that added about 3fps. There were lots of static aircraft but I find with my AI set at 50% there is enough around to make it look live. I just landed on 36L and the lowest fps was 10.8 coming in over the terminalThx David Jim

HERE, HERE, Bik! Guys, go and d/l GMAX, try it out, and then come back and reread your statements! I design scenery and tried to use GMAX when it first came out, time and time again, it just wasn't going to happen. I can do basic buildings, but it takes forever. What I am able to make with GMAX in 2 weeks takes me 15 minutes with NOVA or EOD, some have a great grasp of it, I envy them. I see lots of GMAX creations that are not that great on FPS, but from what I know of how it works they would be worse if not GMAX. I am waiting to see what knid of impact FSDSv2 will have on scenery design (if any) since it uses many of the same techniques GMAX does. Regards, Michael

Michael, Novasim beta uses the same floating point system as does gmax and FSDS2. If you already have Nova, then try the update to Novasim and see how your macros stack up frame rate wise.Best, Rob