Sign in to follow this  
Guest rogue1

Gauges folder full?

Today was was looking through the FS2002 folders and noticed alot of the gauges that are supposed to be in the Gauges folder are now in the main FS2002 folder. Can the gauges folder get full? If I make a new folder and name it like "gauges2" and then put the gauges that are in the FS2002 will those gauges still work? Or would it be safer to just leave everything alone? All the panels I have (including the default ones) are working and all gauges are there.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hmm.... I don't think a folder can get full... Are you sure you unzipped the files correctly?If you are sure you unzipped the files correctly then this principle would apply:"If it ain't broke don't fix it!!" :-lolCpudan80 :) :+

>"If it ain't broke don't fix it!!" :-lol >>Cpudan80 :) :+ That what I'm going to do......everything is there and working, and I don't want to chance messing it up.But it is weird casue when I load a new panel I ALWAYS put the gauges in the gauges folder. I have no idea how they were put into the main FS2002 folder. :-hmmm

Can you identify what panel uses the gauges in your fs2002 folder? If so, open the panel.cfg file and review how the gauges are referenced.I was under the impression that all gauges had to be within the fs2002gauges folder or a subfolder in the gauges folder. Normally the gauges are referenced:gauge00=737-400!Airspeed, 0, 64I know you can use fs2002gaugessubfolder:gauge00=L1011L1011.dimsw, 912,14,25,31where the first L1011 is a subfolder under fs2002gaugesfs2002gaugesL1011If you can't identify the gauges, you could make a temporary folder somewhere outside of fs2002 and cut and paste all these gauges to the temporary folder. Restart fs2002 and see if it made a difference on any of the aircraft panels. If so, either put the gauges back or revise the panel to use the gauges in the gauge folder or make a new subfolder under gauges.I always make a subfolder for downloaded aircraft so that I can easily delete the aircraft and the associated gauges as a group.

Download my program GaugeMaster, available here at AVSIM. Then rename the gauges2 folder, run the program and have it check for missing gauges. It'll tell you if you have any panels that reference the gauges2 folder.Odds are that one of the panels you installed had this folder in the zip and you had "use folders" turned on in you unzip program and that created the folder.Jim