Sign in to follow this  
Manny

FSX and 8800GTX - Blurries still a problem for me.

I have been playing with this methodically andI have learnt something. Maybe you guys allready knew this. This setting------------------------------------------------Add this entry, just below the [MAIN] section in FSX.CFGFIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33------------------------------------------------I didn't quite understand. I set that value to 0.01 and then at 0.99 (two extremes) and I found no change whatsoever. I was getting the same blurries. And in either case I was getting a healthy 40-45FS.I realized, thats cause I had my frames set at UNLIMITED.Keeping this at UNLIMITED makes that Frame time fraction inert. (I would like someone to confirm this).The thing is..when I set my Frames limited to say 25FPS, then my frames actually drops from 40 to 18. and the fraction set at .99, I can fly at 600Kts and my HD is busy churning....and refreshing the textures pretty good.So now, I have the Frames limited to 25 and the fraction set at .60I can now fly at 150-200 kts with no blurries.I really would like a second person validate this. Unless this is already a known thing. If this is confirmed, then I can use the Set Frames slider to choose between flying VFR (SET at 25FPS) and IFR (UNLIMITED. get higher FPS but don't care for blurries). Or Moving from UNLIMITED to 25FPS just when I want to approach to land or at Take off.Note: I have a Raptor set in RAID 0 and a video card with 755MB memory...hence those two are not weaklinks in the chain...Removing them out of the equation here.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>>ttp://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blurrieswh4.jpg>>Cut and paste that link..Except add an H to the front.>Those are some blurries all right. That is bad. My hardware setup never does that, except when I try slewing too fast. With your hardware, you shouldn't be getting that in normal flight. There MUST be something wrong in your config, otherwise I have no logical explanation.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Wait a minute...you mean you are using FS9 megascenery textures in FSX? That's not going to view properly...I thought you were using default FSX textures! No wonder. You really had me confused there, your computer should be doing better than mine.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I love how you idiots spend all this money on the GF8 and still pretty much no improvement. Magic sentence: You should have WAITED! :D

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

ok - anyone else have this problem ....if you press "s" too many times, and say you go to the tower view - where the plane actually is - is in much reduced textures - because its so far away ...then when you press s to go back to the plane views (ie cockpit, outside etc) - then you've got the really poor distance textures, and FSX has to reload every single one of them, including autogen etc ?Mark.

Waited for what?Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

>Waited for what?>>Gary1. At least for prices to go down after the holidays (read: mid January 2007)2. Second generation GF8 cards - most likely to be out in mid 2007 since Vista isn't even out yet, the current cards could be buggy being released before VistaShelling out over 6 bills for a video card is madness, you either gotta be an idiot for paying that much or have way too much money, if it's the second option, hook me up.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Guest smarti05

If you studied the subject at all you would know that in all other games the geforce 8 cards are way faster than anything else out there on dx9 under windows xp, its just a bonus that they are dx10 capable for when vista arrives, but hey i'm running vista and dx10 at the mo joe.Having said that, the prices will of course plummet at some point but hey its his money.

Idiot is an inappropriate word in this context IMO. I would never buy a top of the line anything (all my hardware is a couple of notches back in the economical-but-powerful band), but some people do and that's their decision. Personally, I'd call them cashed-up pioneers. Now if someone reads all the info in this forum then, depite the warnings, goes ahead and buys one of these cards just to make FSX tick, then they may earn the title of idiot. ;-)Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

>If you studied the subject at all you would know that in all>other games the geforce 8 cards are way faster than anything>else out there on dx9 under windows xp, its just a bonus that>they are dx10 capable for when vista arrives, but hey i'm>running vista and dx10 at the mo joe.>>Having said that, the prices will of course plummet at some>point but hey its his money.I studied enough to be smart about holding off until everything is smoothly cruising, I also did my homework on FSX that's why I'm not whining at this moment about the performance. I don't really care about other games as I have no time for them as the FS takes away enough of my personal time to be playing other games.

Jacek G.

I bought my 8800GTX knowing full well that it wouldn't improve FSX much.I did however buy it because I wanted the performance gains in the other games I play, and let me tell you its a fantastic card!Yes it's not cheap, but then the rest of my system isn't exactly low budget either, so it only seemed fitting that I paired high end components with a high end graphics card.There will always be bigger & better around the corner.. such is life. If you always wait for the next best thing you'll end up just waiting and wanting.I had the money available so I thought what the heck!I certainly don't feel bad about my purchace. My enjoyment is all that matters & I certainly don't have to justify that to anyone else. http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Guest JohnEGPF

Hijust making sure your adding FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION= under the {main} section of the CFG?, adding it anywhere else will do nothingJohn

Guest navav2002

Hey Manny..Good deal on the Geek status..he he..So how's your system running?? Where did you wind up OC wise??I got a E6600 on the way...Along with an eVga 680i mb and some Corsair Ram like you got...I wanna OC the snot out of this thing...Gonna be on liquid...I'm looking forward to it...Should be fun!!Debating the 8800GTX right now...If I were a betting man.. :-) I'm a Hardware Junkie...And an Idiot...So be it...Have Fun...

Hey Chuck,I got the blurries thing figured out. When I leave my Frames set an UNLIMITED, I get a jump of 15FPS. Yupe..it goes from 20 to somewhere near 35-40FPS. So I had always had it at UNLIMITED.But guess what... It makes that .33 Fiber thingi moot. Yup... It does not give much for loading textures. No matter if I have that fibre % set all the way to .99. But once I set my Frames limited to say 25, then ,y 40FPS actually drops down to 15 or so... but then...my HD starts chugging away...and the blurries dissapear...even when I zipping at 250kts.All this I am talking about Megascenery (FS9 version) running in FSX.About your E6600. I would recommend you get the E6700. If I were to do my sys allover again..I would get the E6700 because of the extra multiplier. I tried and tried..but the max I could OC is 3.3Gz. If I increase the FSB freq anymore..I can't boot. If reduce the latency of my memory anymore... I am ahving memory problem.. So thats my upper limit I guess. The limiting factor was not the CPU temp. Thats just fine..at 40Degrees C. Thats chill. :)About the 8800GTX. Yeah..I am actually liking this card.. even without DX10. Its not buggy or anything.. Its just fine. the nonly regrets is wasting $150 on the 8600GT. Its hardly a month old. I don;t suppose I can simply return it to newegg. The 8800GTX is pretty quiet too. atleast for me. But the sucker is huge. I didn;t have much room for that floppy disk cable. So I simply disconnected the Floppy. I don't need it anymore. I have already loaded the RAID driver anyway.I now have two sets of RAID. Don;t know if you saw the HDtest thingi..that I posted on the other thread. I now have a Raptor RAID 0 and another pair of RAID0 7200RPM. I love the RAID 0. It does make a small racket.when it chugs away... especially when I flying megascenary without blurries ie. Yeah..please do post your build and OC outcome and issues. I would be interested.Having built my PC now, I am itching to build another one.... Hee hee.BTW... I had this screeching sound in my MB sound. really annoying so I moved over the Audigy 2 Z card from my old DELL and plugged it in my PC today. But I seem to have lost the low frequency sound. My speaker system is a 2.1 i.e It connects to the audigy sound card with one light green connector. thats it. It then goes into a Subwoofer unit and from there it goes to the L and R front speakers. (Its 2.1). But I am getting sound only from the two small speakers nothing from the sub. I tried everyhting... but nothing is working. When this card was in my Dell I used to get the LFE.Hmmm....Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter