Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot533

Pro Flight Yoke & Throttle

Although I haven't received mine yet, still in the garage, I think; Accourding to the manual, you have to install the Saitek SST software to enable these modes. Then check in the game-controlers under the Windows control-panel and see if you have different buttons depending on what mode the switch is in.I was hoping you didn't need the software for modal support.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

>Any Idea how to do this using the FSUIPC. I checked it out..>when I change the Mode from1 to 2,I do not see anything on the>FSUIPC Menu. When I press a button in mode2, its the same as I>press the same button in mode 1. How do I tell FSUIPC to use>the mode?>>MannyManny,Read the advanced programming manual that came with FSUIPC. You cannot program modal functions from within the program itself. You have to manually edit the fsuipc.ini file for advanced features. The SST software will also allow this but I'm staying clear of it.

I too have not installed the SST software, just the drivers. So far with my limited experience with it, it only has gone "wacko" on me the very first flight I flew. By wacko I mean it would change my views on its own. But I haven't seen that happen now with about four flights. Strange? Think I would rather see it happening all the time or not at all. That way I would at least know. Maybe it was the way I first hooked it up. It does NOT like going into a USB hub. Needs to connect directly to a PC USB port. But it has a 3-port USB hub all its own on the back side of the yoke which was a nice surprise.So far the only thing I have noticed consistently is when you go into slew mode my aircraft spins in a circle until I give it a little jolt with my CH pedals. Now I think I had the same issue once before with the CH yoke/slew mode but just haven't had a chance to investigate.The one thing that's hard is re-learning the yoke! By that I mean the CH yoke has the hat switch on the right - the Saitek is on the left. Things like that... so you can imagine how interesting my flights are right now :D Haven't set up the Mode selection switch.Other than that first epileptic episode, I am really pleased with my purchase. As most comment, the feel is more solid. Switching yokes makes me feel like I stepped up from "gaming" into flight simming.The throttle "throws" are so much longer and smoother (the axis). Seems more precise. I see I can get the 2nd throttle quandrant at Amazon for $51.00US. That would put my entire purchase of yoke and a 4-engine throttle quad at about $175.00! The same for CH was closer to $300-400. That's it for the moment.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Just an update. Got a few more random "viewpoints" last night on a flight. so it's back to Fry's for an exchange. See if I have better luck with another one. May give Saitek a call first just to see if there is any updated news on this.Did fix my aircraft spinning when I went into slew mode. Discovered (thanks to the threads I read here on the issue), my X-Rotation axis on the throttle quad (why is it called a throttle quad when there are only 3-levers?), was assigned in slew mode. Disabled that and now it works perfect in slew.Already ordered the additional Throttle quad so I can now work four engines independently... looking forward to that.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

>Did fix my aircraft spinning when I went into slew mode. >Discovered (thanks to the threads I read here on the issue),>my X-Rotation axis on the throttle quad (why is it called a>throttle quad when there are only 3-levers?), was assigned in>slew mode. Disabled that and now it works perfect in slew.It's called a throttle quadrant because it has approximately 90 degress travel from top to bottom. A quadrant is a quater-circle. ;)

I got the Pro flight yoke from Newegg... and it looked like an open box item when I got it..even though I ordered a new retail item.It had the 049 series.I tried it out... and had to connect directly to the PC and it was all working good for 2 days.. and then I got the view button invisible clicks. Not a major problem..but occasionally it would either center my view in spot view or it would cycle from VC to spot and vice versa. The clock also would freeze from time to time... But it would reset fine after I unplug and plug the USB.I have sent it back..and newegg has back ordered a new batch.Not sure if I should cancel or try another unit. But it is a solid product. Hmmm.....Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter