Sign in to follow this  
Guest harryrupert

Need Help on Widescreen Monitor

Guest jonny-jo

Hi Guys,I've been searching the web and reading reviews and to say the least, am quite confused. I am looking to buy a 24" 1920 x 1200 and I thought had narrowed it down to 3 but then got more confused with comments about S-PVA panels? I was looking at the IIyama Prolite B2403WS, the Belinea o.display 4_24"wide and the Samsung 245B then I found a S-PVA being the DoubleSight DS-240WB which it seems in France has a DAEWOO badge on it which I'm not sure about. None of these are cheap and I really would appreciate some guidance please. I may be going in completly the wrong direction? F.I. the GPU will be an Asus HD 3870X2 so I think I'm ok to go to 24".Thanks,John

>Hi Guys,>I've been searching the web and reading reviews and to say the>least, am quite confused. I am looking to buy a 24" 1920 x>1200 and I thought had narrowed it down to 3 but then got>more confused with comments about S-PVA panels? I was looking>at the IIyama Prolite B2403WS, the Belinea o.display 4_24"wide>and the Samsung 245B then I found a S-PVA being the>DoubleSight DS-240WB which it seems in France has a DAEWOO>badge on it which I'm not sure about. None of these are cheap>and I really would appreciate some guidance please. I may be>going in completly the wrong direction? F.I. the GPU will be>an Asus HD 3870X2 so I think I'm ok to go to 24".>>Thanks,>>JohnMaybe you can get help here --> http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/

Guest jonny-jo

Thanks, have had a look and although it was helpful most comments seem to be on games other than FSX. I guess I'm still not sure whether to go 22" or 24". Nick N. has done a very good review of the Benq FP241W 24" but its just too far over my budget I'm afraid. Having identified the 24" above, I'm now thinking to go 22" possibly the Benq X2200W or the Benq FP222W ? Any information on monitors 1680 x 1050 would be great.Thanks.

>Thanks, have had a look and although it was helpful most>comments seem to be on games other than FSX. I guess I'm still>not sure whether to go 22" or 24". Nick N. has done a very>good review of the Benq FP241W 24" but its just too far over>my budget I'm afraid. Having identified the 24" above, I'm now>thinking to go 22" possibly the Benq X2200W or the Benq FP222W>? Any information on monitors 1680 x 1050 would be great.>>Thanks.I have the LG L227 and W2600 and they are very nice.

Guest jonny-jo

Thanks McCrash, I'll have a good look later at the specs and availability here in France. I really do appreciate your input as I don't want to make a mistake with the monitor having spent what I hope is everybody's time and my euro's on the system itself.John

Guest jonny-jo

I had a look at the W2600!! The Hanns-G 28" is a great price, but is just a tad big for me here.I hadn't really considered Dell as I had a not so good experience with one of their computers. However I have had a close look and the reviews on the 24" Dell ultra sharp 2408WFP looks very good indeed which has just been launched here in France. So I think its make your mind up time.Thanks for all the input.John

I am not that impressed by the Hanns... Cheap yes but for a reason.It can be hard for sure. Have you considered a lcd tv? However then you are going 32" or bigger for a quality one. I use one and it

Guest jonny-jo

Thanks for the your explanation and no I didn;t think of using A TV? I have had a look at the AVS forums and am looking at some reviews. A 24" is about my maximum size so I'll see what I can find out, I won't use the tuner but that doesn't matter. I notice you have a Philip's 22" does it have a vga or dvi input?I think I agree about the Hanns G it just seems too cheap for its size.Thanks again.