Sign in to follow this  

Who is going to spend $65.00 on Meridan Bundle?

Hi!I am not questioning whether the price is a good value. I just wonder when the asking price of add on's start "choking the horse".BobP :)

Guest flightpro08

I know I won't. The aircraft itself is like $35. Heck, that's half of the price I paid for FS2k2. ;-)I'm sure it'll be a great aircraft with the Reality XP gauges/GPS and whatever else it comes with, but I still can't warrent paying that much for one FS2k2 aircraft.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Tester-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 42.01 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

I'll second that. There are so many aircraft more reasonably priced. I am sure some will dive in. Andrew

I intend to buy the D/L version see how things progress and them decide if I go for the POH alone. Almost all doubts were decipated with the manual. Only have some about the Garmin but let's see.Jos

I'd rather spend that money for an hour in the pattern at my local Flight school.Favorite area to Fly--Alaska!

Guest DaveKDEN

IMHO, it's way beyond the reasonable price for 1 GA add-on, no matter how good. I'm sure it'll be excellent - just WAY too much money.DavePS; I'm sure there'll be those who compare it to a night out at the movies or a day on the lake. HOWEVER, there's no comparison. This is an FS add-on - nothing more and nothing less. How much is reasonable for you?PPS; I'm also sure there will be those who are miffed as a result of this thread - SO BE IT.PPPS; There will also be those who'll gladly shell out the asking price of $29.95 (edit) for the d/l version. While I strongly feel they can do whatever they want with their money, I also strongly feel they're part of the problem of ever escalating prices of add-ons. I'll vote with my closed wallet (but then again - that's no surprise to most of you who know me).PPPPS; My mistake on the asking price - Thanks to Jim for pointing it out. The correct d/l price is $29.95. $34.95 is for the CD version. The post has been edited accordingly.

Ok here we go again...And Dave, I made this clear to you before in another thread on a Flightsim forum which you thanked me for informing you of.I have seen this thread before and gentleman, I would ask you to do your research before posting. The download is $29.95 The CD is $34.95.The POH is just a convienience item and not required. It is just like if you went to Piper or Amazon and ordered a book additionally. Nothing more, nothing less. Thanks for understanding.Regards,Jim Rhoads

Guest DaveKDEN

Crap,My mistake (again) Jim - I'll correct my post accordingly and apologize (though I still feel it's too much to ask ;-)). JMO.DavePS; Man, I don't know why I didn't remember the correct price Jim.PS; I feel the need to point out that Jim's always been the true Gentlemen when it comes to this discussion. Gracious and understanding of the debate - though it might not necessarily be his opinion on the subject. For that I thank him yet again.

And you as well Dave.Thank you.Best,Jim Rhoads

Guest DaveKDEN

Thanks Jim, Though I will admit I tend to get carried away at times (but I'm working on it - part of a New Years Resolution ;-)).Dave

The download is $29.95 The CD is $34.95.As one who has bought many, many add ons and is lucky enough to beta test the Meridian I believe it is a bargain at this price.1) This aircraft will set new standards in avionics, functionality, and realism for flightsim-period. 2) The number of realistic high level avionics on this aircraft are astounding. I paid more than the Meridian total asking price for several single avionics units add ins for fs by other companies. The Meridian has many (some the same) included in the package.3) You get what you pay for. When it is finally released I think this topic will be a moot point! :-)Have a look (I put a number infront so no violation of images here-copy and past the link minus the number):1http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/m1.jpg2http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/m2.jpghttp://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.jpg

Guest SoarPics

I can respect Dave for letting his closed wallet do the talking (hey, I often do the same thing myself).I've had alot a trouble making the 421 work on my system since it was released... to the extent that it isn't even on my hard drive at this time. But I plan on buying the Meridian.My reasoning is simple. I want to support the efforts of the honest and hard working (both freeware and payware) folks in our hobby. I support the freeware developers by thanking them for their efforts, and doing all I can to protect their rights against the pirates and thieves. I support the payware developers (especially the outstanding ones like Flight1) by purchasing their products that fit my flying preference.So I plan on trying the airplane, then based upon how much I fly it buy the manuals to further enhance my simming experience.(Oh... having built a new system a couple weeks ago I look forward to trying the 421 again when I have the time.)Hope this discussion stays sane and civil... it would be nice to bring out as many opinions as possible. :-)

Guest Milio_B

Not me :)With that money I can buy 11 original Music CDs

Guest Moghdad

I'll probably buy the download.