Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

Latest A330/340 FDE ver 1.2J

Version 1.2J, dated 31 Oct 04, of my alternative A330-340 flight dynamics (designed for the PSS panel) is available for download http://www.avsim.com/pss/userfiles/a330-340_fde_v1.2j.zipThis version improves ground performance only. The changes in this version address idle thrust and fuel flow issues for both the A330 and 340, and improves takeoff performance for the 340 variants only. It should be noted that takeoff distance performance chages in the 340 were tailored after crude metrics derived from observation and a few anecdotal examples, and will probably be revised when more complete tech data becomes available to me.The distribution archive includes both .air files and aircraft.cfg file shells for all PSS A330-340 variants. Only the .air files were changed in this version, so if you were using either versions 1.2G or 1.2H you need only do a one-for-one replacement of the matching airfiles. If this is a first-time installation of my FDE with the PSS add-on, you need both my aircraft.cfg and .air file in each folder...using the PSS config file with my air file (or vice versa) will yield unhappy results. The file names are the same as the PSS files they replace...the files are not.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest acva076

Bob,A wonderful person you are !!!Truly appreciate your services. You make flying a delight for many.Regards,Jana Kankesanwww.tomaflex.net

Guest eddm

Hi Bob,thank you very much for your never ending efforts. Whenever you should travelling near Rosenheim (Bavaria, Germany) don't forget to pick up your beer. It will be a pleasure for me to reward your efforts with a cold beer and good bavarian lunch at a traditional "biergarten".RegardsConstantin

Thanks Bob :)Excellent work. The A340 now doen't roll anymore with throttle on idle position.Keep'em comming ;)CheersMartin

Guest bisinchi

Hi Bob,Thanks for your new update, I will try it straight away.Regards,Francois

Guest bisinchi

Hi Bob,I just did a quick test with a fully laden A340-300 and the ground performance look much better. It also looks like the early climb performance look very similar to the real bird. I was also looking from the control tower view and the attitude of the plane was typical of an early climb of a A340: typical slow climb.In other words, this looks like a major improvement in perfs, so well done!!Francois

Bob and all Hi from Oz...a thunderstorm approaches and hopefully will cool things down a wee bit!OK down to business.I have been using the 1.2J files for about a wek.Yesterday I did a flight in the A342. All went smoothly and had no probs. On the return leg today KMIA KLAX (we we Aussies do fly in the USA sometimes :-) )all was going fine till about LEV VOR . I had stepped out of the cockpit and returned to PULL UP etc as I was about 1200ft from the ground. So I got it back to cruise (using SLEW- I couldnt fly the thing out ) and let it proceed. About 10 minutes later the same thing.a few figures for youZFW 173000kgsFuel 40000kgssystemAMD 64 3.2 runiing XP PRo SP1 (I ditched sp2)1G Kingmax ram120gb sata wd hdg4 5600 256mb leadtek video cardPrior to this happening I also noticed that the f/r had dropped to 1. Processes indicated the CPU was at 100%Other addons I was using on a networked machine - not on the FS9 machineActivesky (reg)FSUIP (reg)(in FS9)FS Realtime (reg)AIBridgeSBRelaySB2.3.4ServerinfoAVCNow it might have been one of those however I havent had this happen using any of these addons previous to this and I havent updated any recently.Any thoughts??Keep up the great workROb

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

Could be problems with icing, or problems with wind shifts. I saw an A-floor during cruise recently, and realized that somewhere along the way the option to interfere with FS internal WX in the technical tab had become unchecked, so apparently in areas where there aren't a lot of wx stations, FS morphs the WX and starts giving you icing or wind shifts.No idea why the framerate would be at 1...maybe something going on with another program like antivirus or file indexing service, both of which can be a real problem.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest MiguelSantos

Hi guys,I'm not an expert. However something happen to me recently with another airplane, and at the same time, I noticed the standby analog horizon gauge was going as if there weren't energy, and I check the radios and tried to contact ATC, and they were off.So I did CTRL+E like start engines automaticly, and suddenly I get power, and I could control de aircraft.The strange thing is that it happend once or twice, and no more! I think it as to be with some electrical bug, like the PSS A320 that it hadn't the electrical section on aircraft.cfg, and now that I have one, the radios doesn't go off 10 minutes after being at the gate with engines off.Could it be the same thing?Cheers,Miguel

Guest Frank072

Hello @all!First i must say thanks to Bob for his good work.So today i had a problem with my A340-200. I was on the App. to Washington and set Flaps1 and the Speed went back to 165kts in managed Mode and so I had a pitch of 10 degrees Nose up. Thats to much for Flaps1. I think Flaps1 Speed should be between 180 and 200 Knots.Does anybody know the problem and help?btw: Bob, i

Guest AF340

Hi ,what you should do is refer to the fmc appr settings under pref - > appr for your approach speed settings based on the aircraft current weight config. Try matching the clean speed before applying flaps 1 then apply flaps repeat matching those speeds and applying flaps, use air brakes as needed paying attention to your N1 until in a (f) speed config usually a flap 3 config with 5

Guest AF340

regardless of my weigth and fuel load this happens once i pass fl310 and above.

Huh? You selected flaps 1 at FL310?Clearly I am missing something here.Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Hi BobJust love your work on these planes....but please spare a thought for us oldun's. On your site link from here...well blue writing on a greenish background is so difficult to read.cheersJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.