Sign in to follow this  
Guest _Christopher_

MORE UPDATED SCREENSHOT 20-02-06

Guest MOKE

All I ask for is Northwest Airlines...I couldnt ask for more...

Guest Mariner

>>Is the FMC going to be crippled? It's about the FIX page>that>>I miss much in the 777.>>How . . . may I ask . . . was the T7's FMC crippled? With the>exception of a minor cosmetic display glitch on the APR REF>page it works great!Chris,Whilst I agree with Graham that "crippled " is a little strong, there is little merit in attempting to minimize the problems that many people, including me, are having with this product by this neo-sanctimonious reply just because the add-on works fine for you. Quite clearly a significant number of people are having problems with this add-on to FS, a fact recognised by the developers, hence the "Sticky Post" which lists a number of the issues experienced with the FMC. Indeed, you were not backward in coming forward with a myriad of causes to the problem you were suffering with FS "freezing" whenever you attempted to alter your route in flight. If I remember correctly you went through the whole gamut of blaming Cost Index input, fuel and speed calculations, FSNav, faulty nav data, the RBV VOR and even the particular route you chose to fly - all became reasons why changes to your FMC caused FS9 to freeze. What has happened since? I don't recall seeing a post from you which described how you solved the problem. I have to say that flying routinely across "the Pond" to Europe from Atlanta, the RBV VOR has never caused me any trouble. Below is a screen shot of my FMC for an approach into Atlanta. I wouldn't call the calculated speed and altitude entries for ERLIN or DALAS minor cosmetic display glitches especially as any attempt to alter them results in FS freezing on my PC. There are quite a number of serious problems with this add-on, some of which are experienced by some and which are not experienced by others. You would do well to remember that before posting "clever" little answers that help no one.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/142923.jpg

Guest Knikolaes

I was specifically referring to the word "crippled" there. I could not have been any more clear on that.As for the FMC Freeze issue -- that was already posted about. The issue went away on the release of a subsequent AIRAC.

Guest Trans_601

Thank you so much Ben!They are looking amazing for WIP shots!As you guys know, some of the two top commercial aircraft developers are making the 757 as well as yourselves. Seeing these screenies have my heart set on PSS.Keep up the good work!

Guest ags

Didn't want to sound offensive, not fully operational?The shots look nice, but really, I would rather have a fully functional FMC (with PROG, FIX, all the different pages), which, as has been stated, is not going to happen with the 777. And I keep saying that because you read the forum and might take my opinion into accout ;)

Guest Knikolaes

heheh very true -- definately not fully functional. I guess I just didn't understand the crippled part was all. LOL.On the FIX issue, shoot me an email. I might have a workaround for that one . . . .

Guest Knikolaes

By the way, if no one else does it for this particular beast, I did the following screenshot off the POSKY model and plan to do the same paint for this 757 as soon as a paint kit is attainable . . . Note that the following screenshot links are work I did on the POSKY freeware model, and this is NOT the PSS version . . . just an idea for the repaint in case anyone would like me to do it . . .This is a real life photo, credit for photo: Airliners.net . . .http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Loca...e&ImageID=54534How she'd look in FS . . .http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Loca...e&ImageID=54535Of course the sharp "curve" near the nose in the trim lines would be corrected -- something I never got around to on the freeware plane. But since PSS Paint Kits are FAR easier to work with, it should be much easier to create a higher quality version of this repaint for PSS :-)

Guest freelancer

Please sign your name as per the forum guidelines.

Guest freelancer

Of course, sorry for missing the name part.However now there is nothing left to sign in light of the post removal.Don't think i'll buy PSS757 after T7 "wonderful" visuals and "detailed" panel.Phoenix5 its not my fault that MelJet V2 looks better then T7 concerning visuals part. So there was no reason to delete my post.Especially that it haven't been rude or "politically incorrect".PSS are magicians in creating electronics for their jets. If they would also do good visuals, jets would be a very serious competitors on the market.Anyway, personal opinion is, if T7 would be corrected as per users requests it would be far more successful then up and coming 757 release.For now PSS is a complete monopoly on T7 on payware market, while there is two other companies that produce 757. A very hard competition.Respectfully,

Guest Phoenix5

Alex,I edited out your previous post, not because it was rude or "politically incorrect", but because you did not follow our requested guidelines.Your posts compares the T7 to another product and you did not sign your name.If you want to believe that the PSS T7 is inferior to another product, that is ok, you have every right to think that. I will leave the name of the other product in your current post to show no bad feelings, and thank you for signing your post.

Guest Knikolaes

I guess it also really depends on the outlook on it. I admit I love seeing my aircraft initially when I buy the product, but I spend most of my time in the flight deck, so as long as the systems all perform on my machine -- I am a happy customer. I will stay away from comparisons by name here, but in general, I can think of a few add-on aircraft I have that I am VERY glad that this T-7 is not like.One AC in particular had terrible customer support, no forum, total lack of detail, a very bland and non-functional VC and very erratic flight behavior which took a patch or two to fix.PSS may not have the most record breaking detail model on the market, but she sure has logged a few hours in my sim (I believe for Delta Virtual I am up to over 50 hours in the T7 so far -- I transferred from the 757 program to the 777 program after getting hold of the PSS T7). That and PSS has something I value above anything else when buying an add-on -- customer service.They show that they care, and that means a lot to a lot of us -- especially here in the forums. Not like other developers that I know of that publish a half finished product then hide somewhere for weeks on end hoping people will just "go away" and that their product will magically fix itself. FORTUNATELY there are VERY few developers that do that. Most of the "majors" such as PSS and others (names withheld out of respect for forum rules) have created such a superb standard in customer service that they have me guaranteed as a customer for any of their products that i can afford to experience.Something tells me that this T7 is going to be an ever-improving product, knowing the PSS team, and as with a few other developers, they have me anxiously awaiting surprises around every corner. This 757 is going to be a dream . . . I can feel it.Yes, I know 2 other developers are out there making it as well. One of those developers has just as much respect from me and I'll be forking the cash for both if i can possibly handle it. This is mostly due to quality and realism -- but first and foremost it is because of how the staff of each particular team has portrayed themselves to the public eye and been there for their customers.

Hmmm, how about this...Maybe just maybe, we stop the 6-paragraph-long posts on BOTH sides of the aisle, and just wait until we have a complete product to judge ? Then have at it ? Mmmkay ?I have to admit Chris, while I certainly mean no disrespect to you personally, your constant rainbows and sunshine about a product you know no more than the rest of us about(in terms of it's final/patched state, anyway), is getting to be almost as hard to take as the whining and moaning.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Brian,Well said. This is a PSS Moderated - adverse posts will be edited, locked or deleted - Support - lets keep the long posts to those which can help others understand the complexities of Boeing

Guest Knikolaes

>>I have to admit Chris, while I certainly mean no disrespect to>you personally, your constant rainbows and sunshine about a>product you know no more than the rest of us about(in terms of>it's final/patched state, anyway), is getting to be almost as>hard to take as the whining and moaning.There was no "rain or sunshine" in there. Just fact. And I was replying rather objectively, actually, to a reply above. I apologize if you feel you must "whine" about who you think is a "whiner". Bit of hypocracy there.I guess if folks think I am one of those whiners, then i just won't post anymore. Take care, all.

Guest Pilot53

Well I hope pss does have some surprises around the corner because the 777 has many unique features (espescially wx rad. which is one of my favorites) but it is missing some things like system damage modeling, but even more improtant things like the fix page in the fmc, the fact that the ctrl surfaces move without hyd power, atl gear doesnt work, the pfc's the thrust asym comps, and some lighting issues, some inside but mostly out. I do recall pss stating that the logo light will be fixed, but I dont recall them saying the wing/ runway tunroff lights will be fixed, as of right now they dont work. But who knows mabye there will be a surprise from pss who has been known to set the standard before. ______________________________________________Mike Iacovetta

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.