Sign in to follow this  
Guest _Christopher_

MORE UPDATED SCREENSHOT 20-02-06

"There was no "rain or sunshine" in there."Oh yes there is Chris, and almost every one of your posts here is the same "Ode to PSS", as your post above is.Now, you're entitled to say whatever, wherever you want, and as long as PSS doesn't disgaree with you, your comments will stand here in their forum of course. What you don't seem to understand, is that no amount of typing is going to convince anyone else to see things the way you do, and in a few cases has actually gone to incite the anger of those already frustrated with the product, who just aren't in the mood to hear, yet again, how wonderful everything is working for you.Not to mention, a wonderful waste of time, as none of the "commentary" on either side will change anything. Just alot of hot air.I guess, I've already said too much on this particular subject, as this comment:"I guess if folks think I am one of those whiners, then i just won't post anymore. Take care, all.is a pretty clear indicator as to your ability to engage in adult conversation. I'm sorry you took it the way you did, but not at all sorry for what was said originally.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest Knikolaes

I do not do an "ode" to anything. I call it how I see it, just like everyone else here does. Brian -- I never mean to anger anyone. If folks see the glass as half empty, they call it that way. I just have this sick ideology of seeing the glass as half full, which is something modern society never did adapt to doing. I guess I should apologize for trying to back a developer I have complete faith in and who has never let me down as a customer.I guess the reason I speak out so strongly is because I am still confused as to why folks are thrashing PSS because they are developing a product before the patch is out for the other product. They have stated so clearly that they are working full speed ahead on it and that the 757 isn't slowing down the T7 patch at all (it's the other way around).I do officially apologize, though, if my words did not come to that effect and really I do NOT mean to belittle anyone. I just have a bad way of expressing words in type (trust me I am MUCH better at speaking in person. Thank the gods and goddesses that's much more important than forum typing).if it is any consolation, I am terrible at English as it is. i fail half my term papers because my writing format -- well -- sucks. **shrugs**I guess if I can TRY to stay on a positive note, without getting flamed for doing so, I still look forward to the 757 and really am anxious to see what she has in store. (Hey, I had to throw this in to stay on the topic of what this thread is supposed to be for LOL).Either way i hope you accept my apology for openly speaking my mind.

Guest Pilot53

I can see where Brian is coming from here, we all know pss as the company that ses the standard. But with the 777 and many systems and features left out and all the hype with this patch I dont feel their bird is up to par with the modern airliners. Pss has already stated that they will not include many things that have been requested, and they seem very set in there ways. So when the "loyalists" defend everything about the product even though it is clear that it needs alot of work I can see how that can be discouraging. Knikolaes, I dont want to put you down so please dont take this personally. It is great that this forum is always so friendly so please lets keep it that way.:)

Chris,Please understand I'm not trying to quell YOUR optimism as to what the future holds. All I'm trying to say, to put it bluntly, is that no one cares what you think of PSS, the 777, the 757, etc., and ya know what, they don't care what I think either. This is, to be quite honest, as it should be.There will always be those that are satisfied from the onset; those that wish for a bit more, and make known their wishes in an appropriate and respectful manner; and those that will moan about any slight inaccuracy as if they themselves have been personally insulted.Nothing you or I say will ever change that, wash rinse and repeat, and this goes for ANY market. No amount of positive attiude on your part will make one iota of difference here, this is how people are, always have been, and always will be. PSS attempted with the 777 to have a certain openess about the status of the project, to accomodate even the most ridiculous complaints with solid answers. I personally think this is a mistake, but it is not my call to make. Now I've gone and made a total hypocrite out of myself, as I begin this, paragraph 5. :) I have you to thank for that. :)Whatsmore, all this long-windedness on ALL of our parts will be made totally irrelevant once the patch is released.Such a waste of energy.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest Knikolaes

Sorry I was not meaning to sound like a loyalist.When I am thinking of buying a product, I scour forums like this and read bioth the good and the bad. How people speak about a product makes a LOT of weight on if I buy it or not. It's also great because it gives me a chance to see how support reacts to situations placed before them. Anyway I think we did beat this into the ground. Hoping no hard feelings are about here.CheersBy the way . . . kinda back on topic . . . I am going to attempt some repaints when this bird comes out. Anyone interested in Hooters Air for a starter?

Guest Knikolaes

Very true, Brian, though I do care, actually. I always find use for a lot of what you (and others) post around the forums, no matter how small. There are quite a few souls around here like that. You'd be surprised how much we can learn from each other, even from personal opinion. I just have a habit of "overkill" heheh oops :-)Cheers and take care.

Guest Pilot53

Ok I think this is all cleared up, and by the way I am one of those so called "moaners that like to point out the inacuracies" but I only mean to do such things in a respectful and helpful way so that the product can be further optimised only to provide a more realistic experience that everyone can enjoy. If its not like the real thing then why bother, it is after all a simulation. :)Sorry I forgot to sign my last post :( ,Mike Iacovetta

Guest nearlyman

More importantly, yay, Jet2 Alpha Alpha. That's a VERY nice picture. I shall be stonking AA into Geneva tomorrow evening :)ta taBas

Guest koalorka

If it comes with a Continental livery, allows me to fly precise NAT routes and comes in both -200 and -300 variants, I'll take it! Visa or Mastercard?

Guest FedEx_4

I see you have the song livery. Any chance you will do the Song "Pink Plane" livery?Kevin

Hi all:Just read the post stating that no wing view will be included. Bummer! I really missed them in the T7. Is it a technical issue related to performace, or what is the reason for not including them. I am sure a lot of us enjoy them! Nothing like flying an approach and then re-playing it and watching it from a wing view! I have included a couple of images...Don't these shots get your flying juices going?PSS, any chance you would re-consider including them in the 757?Thanks.Fabio van Roon

I highly doubt wing views will be included, more polys means a lower frame rate, Id prefer them not to be included.Saying that, I'm sure someone will modify thier Panel CFG once its released to get wingviews from the model.Cheers

Guest bjjones

I see you have the song livery. Any chance you will do theSong "Pink Plane" livery?That ones already donehttp://www.bjones4.co.uk/images/gal/PSS_Ga...pss-prev-34.jpgJust read the post stating that no wing view will be included. Bummer! I really missed them in the T7. Is it a technical issue related to performace, or what is the reason for not including them. I am sure a lot of us enjoy them! Nothing like flying an approach and then re-playing it and watching it from a wing view! I have included a couple of images...You can get the wingviews like youve shown if you use something like Walk and Follow, same with the 777http://www.bjones4.co.uk/images/gal/PSS_Ga...pss-prev-33.jpgIf it comes with a Continental liveryThey're not done yet, but there WILL be a -200 and a -300 in CO livery

The screenshos of the song livery look awesome!Any chance of any British charter airlines screenies?I am really looking forward to having the 757 on my systems and it does look as though PSS have done it proud!I'm just really itching to get my hands on it!RegardsJames

Guest FedEx_4

Looking very nice indeed!!!Kevin

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.