Sign in to follow this  
Guest _Christopher_

MORE UPDATED SCREENSHOT 20-02-06

Guest Knikolaes

Heheh -- believe it or not that was a very simple answer on my end. . . :-)In about 4 hours I'll be home from college and should be able to snag some screenies I hope. Real world Flight School has been getting lots od hours from me lately :-) Only 4 more semesters . . . WOOHOO!

Guest Knikolaes

K I was on the wrong page in this conversation. . . literally.All this time I had pages mixed up in my head -- thinking of the DEP/ARR page instead of the actual APR REF page. I did notice on my route again between KORD and EGLL that KORD stayed on the APPR REF on the left there . . . HOWEVER . . . I am not sure what purpose this could possibly serve. The entry there has absolutely NO functional value at all in the sim. The reference speeds are correct and accurate for the arrival airport, and so is the GR WGT estimation. I guess as long as you can go to the DEP ARR page, or even the LEGS page and confirm your arrival runway, the entry on the APPR REF page does not matter at all. It has no logistical value to the flight (Heck I didn't even notice it until I started trying to retrace the steps of this thread).I got those screenshots, but since I confirmed I was looking at something else, there is no point in wastig bandwidth here. Sorry for the confusion. After noticing this I was still happy that the VSpeeds and GR WGT calculations remained accurate. Heck of an eye ya have there, noticing something so small :-)She's still a GREAT plane to fly, though. Especially plowing through a 2,800 page manual on the bird LOL.On the 757 . . . does PSS need any more repainters to do some liveries for her?

Guest Steve_Park

>K I was on the wrong page in this conversation. . .>literally.>>All this time I had pages mixed up in my head -- thinking of>the DEP/ARR page instead of the actual APR REF page. I did>notice on my route again between KORD and EGLL that KORD>stayed on the APPR REF on the left there . . . HOWEVER . . . I>am not sure what purpose this could possibly serve. The entry>there has absolutely NO functional value at all in the sim. >The reference speeds are correct and accurate for the arrival>airport, and so is the GR WGT estimation. Chris, No problem. In the real world display, that page has the runway you selected from the ARRDEP page, the runway length is verified (would not want to select an ILS to a 3700' runway now would you?), and the ILS frequency and heading for input into the ILS receiver (this sim does that automatically, another one requires you to input the freq and course). The Flap Ref Speed that is selected on this page also is the reference point for all other approach speed's. I was like you when I was working on my RW PLL, so it's a good idea to keep doing the calculations for your descent. If you are heading for an airline job in your future, these will come in handy. Keep up all the great post's and your studies.I too am really looking forward to an advance B757 and like a few other, will get both the PSS (will probably release first) and the other one.Steve Park

Guest Knikolaes

Aaaah okay :-) Yep I learn something new every time I come to this forum. I did not know that was the field necessary for auto-ILS tuning. I had always done the ILS tuning and course manually. That will be a neat feature if it is fixed in a patch.I know for sure when both 757's come out (both developers are awesome) I will be doing endless approaches into KEGE. I already have loads of fun doing that with the POSKY freeware 757 while I wait. KEGE has a wonderful and rich history for 757 pilots :-)

Guest theundertaker1998

Wait Pss is doing the 757 ...#### Thought they was doing the Pss 747 LOL. I wait for that day when they return the 747 to us. 2 best planes i flew in 2000-2002 Pss 747 and 777. As well as the Great Dream fleet 737 and the old wilco 767 (Now LDS) Which is good. I think PSS Should do another Poll when the 777 is patched and the 757 is out ..Cause just my 2 cents here i would love to have the 747 again. I fly the 777 all over using United Airlines Schedules. When i am not flying my PSS 777 i am in Captain Sims C-130.Which is very nice as well.Well Take CareJamesH/M WWALA5262KSAN

I think ( with a chuckle) that PSS should give us loyal customers the Phoenix livery so we can show it off(free advertising) when flying in anywhere.SmilinRick

Guest Knikolaes

Rick,For the real plane, right? **chuckles** They give us the REAL plane to fly to advertise their Sim plane :-)Okay . . . back to reality for me . . .

Hi there!I was just wondering if anymore information regarding the upcoming 757 is available?From the above screenshots i've noticed that the aircraft will be equipt with both Rolls Royce and Pratt and Whitney engines, does this mean the aircraft will contain 2 sound packs?Also will the flight deck be equipt with the facility to utilise EPR?RegardsJames

Guest Knikolaes

Not sure on the soundpack question, but I think it was mentioned somewhere else in this forum that EPR was going to be used. Of course Norman i think would correct me if i am wrong. Most of the 757's out there are EPR based.Frankly I would love to finally be able to add an EPR aircraft to my fleet -- it would give me something new to learn as all add-ons to date are all N1 based (unless there is one out there that i do not know about that actually uses EPR in their panel code).

Guest bjjones

If you read through the thread youd have found that #1 priority right now is the 777 patch.Resources being directed to the 757 are the ones that the 777 no longer needs.

>If you read through the thread youd have found that #1>priority right now is the 777 patch.>>Resources being directed to the 757 are the ones that the 777>no longer needs. OK, this is going to be a bit harsh, but it is begining to be a bit too long for that patch to come out. You have been saying "soon" for over a month now. I hope the LONG wait is worth it. And I hope that lessons are learned for the 757 and it does not have that "Jet Fighter" performance and all those FDE problems. The other day, the A330 Autopilot was climbing from takeoff at 8000fpm... and it was not the first time either. I'm only saying this, because a lot of people are getting tyred of waiting, they are only too chicken dump to come and say it in this forum.Why has the CD version been released since the patch has not come out yet???

Guest NormanB

Javier,>OK, this is going to be a bit harsh, but it is begining to be>a bit too long for that patch to come out. How long should it take? I have mentioned before that we are not in the business of issuing micro patches every few days. >You have been>saying "soon" for over a month now. My most recent was that we are now in the 11th hour. In otherwords its very close.I hope the LONG wait is>worth it. And I hope that lessons are learned for the 757 and>it does not have that "Jet Fighter" performance and all those>FDE problems. PSS recently aquired the services of one of the most respected FDE engineers in the business. >Why has the CD version been released since the patch has not>come out yet???We dont deal in CD sales. Thats a completely seperate company who have a marketing schedule to keep with. They publish addons from many other developers, not just PSS.

If it is not braking the rules, I would like to post a link to another forum, just to show you the general opinion of a lot of people, on this subject... do I have permission?

Guest Knikolaes

I still don't get it. The T7 is a superb product and the only issues I am having are mainly eye candy. Folks are making it sound like their product is "unflyable" because it isn't perfect. I can name a lot of add-ons out there that have a LOT more problems than this, but this is not a comparison forum. I have done literally over 20 hours for Delta Virtual in the T7 alone since January and have not yet had an unsuccessful flight. They al went beautifully.Yes, I know there are some things on the bird that are not perfect, but making it sound like the product is totally unflyable because the CDU has a single line of display error in it or something like that is a bit exaggerated. The plane is not "unflyable" just because you have a few issues perforiming a CAT III landing, and even that is not a bug. I confirmed this. Been seeing it a lot here in the forum, but the other day I did pattern work at my home airport and practiced 5 CAT III touchdowns without effort at all.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.