Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot53

We should be patient...

Actually that moniker is retained for a certain 737 which if you lose the downloaded file the recommendation is to claim from your house insurance!That was funny Norman...good one!

Eric 

Guest dodge

... "Nobody's stopping you using it unpatched"...Sorry, The T7 is unusable. Any random touch on FMC can freeze the FS, (then I have to restart PC), all autoland landings are hazardous. I am flying online only and these bugs are for online flying and online events really unacceptably...to BAW716: Dont compare 20 dollars and 200M dollars. Count how many people purchased this product. (thousand, more ?) I can sneeze at 20 dollars, but company can not sneeze at maybe hundred thousand...Do not look on people from this forum only. There are many many of other, who can not speak english and there are also dissatisfied.I can understand that PC product neednt work properly. I can understand that correction need some time. OK. But the company must compensate this. So why PSS did not afford some discount for B777 owners f.e. for their other product or anything as excuse?I like all PSS products and I will prefer them in future. But this accession to customers may practise developers of "add-ons for free" not commercial company.So dont say more:Be patient... or The patch will be done as late as will be done.

Guest NormanB

Please dont forget to sign your posts.Re your call to compensate, what benefit would a livery be since you say the aircraft is unusable? How would you define who got (example) a free livery?In answer to your finding things unflyable and these random lockups - have you followed the procedures outlined in the sticky post at the top of this forum?

Guest dodge

Hi Norman,first, it is hard to say in english what I feel in my language. That was my first post in this forum - thats mean I was patient enough since Nov.2005. Be sure, all of my add-ons are A320, Concorde, WA 777Pro and 747Pro (FS2002) and now T7. So I am the most patient and loyal customer of PSS :() That is why I feel so bad about this situation and about PSS corporate culture...I neednt any livery for free. I am using my own livery of our Virtual airline. (if this is the question)Yes I tried to change "general factor" to smooth autolands, but doesnt work properly enough. I need safe aircraft, I dont want be the only one from group, who crashed or had to disconnect during the online events more. I can excuse any visual bugs (for ex. weather radar, TCAS and so on) but I am scared to fly with the aircraft like this. So I returned to fly A320. But 5 months is to long time for me too.

Guest NormanB

Dodge,Be sure your English is better than my Slovacian!I personally am a big Airbus fan but was fortunate to not witness these issues. Be happy to know that you should be able to fly your 777 in a few short days.

Guest jeffg

I bought both versions of the 777 when they first came out and there are problems but getting worked on.The more we argue the more we b***h and the more time PSS has to read all this c**p is the less time their spending working on a patch to fix the problems.Lets stop sounding like screaming 6 yr olds and more like adults and just wait till its ready. Jeff

Guest aarskringspier

Wether you people like it or not, agree or disagree with what these people are upset about there is one thing you dont seem to understand.They have a legitimate gripe some are just better at conveying it in a rational matter. No 4 months is not ok. I personally cant remember the last time I loaded this airplane up in FS. Does that make me a bad person? If so whatever. You have no beef with the length of time the fix has taken cool more power to ya, other people do and they, just like you, paid for a product and can express their dissatisfaction all the want provided its professional.Calling them 6 year olds is silly and really quite childish.

>I dont want to fly a 777 that doesnt calculate corect eta for>waypoints over the ocean. I want to have online tcas. I want>a 777 that flys close to a 777 and not an f-16. So why would>I want to fly the 777 without its patch? I happen to be>someone who knows a thing or two about airplanes. I try to>recreate realistic procedures as close to real as possible,>the 777 doesnt allow me to do that because it doesnt work. Is>there even still a patch? If you bought this plane to fly>around and take screenshots and not to simulate flying the 777>than I can see why you would respond in the way that you did. >And Norman you never responded back to my E-mail. Is it so>much to ask to get an airplane that works as advertised?Are you the same pilot53 that posted this question last October:"I keep hearing so much about this center post, i'm not familiar with the 777 but hope to be soon, what is the center post?" How come you're such an expert now? From your other posts it's clear you've actually flown the PSS 777 quite a lot.Re alleged F-16 handling, if you put in large control wheel inputs, the 777 may well roll quite fast, especially clean at high airspeeds (not as fast as a real F-16 of course, but maybe faster than you expect). Real airliner pilots fly using small, smooth control inputs. Flown in this way, I find the PSS 777 hand flies very well. Perhaps you need a few lessons in flying heavy jets?BTW, just what are the "thing or two" you do know about airplanes? :)Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest simonmd

>Simon,>Forgive me for not spelling your last name correctly. Another>"mea culpa".>You're forgiven!Norman, thanks for your reasonable reply to my points. I couldn't care less about a 'VWC' (Virtual Water Closet) either! I respect PSS' attention to the detail in the systems that realy matter and am sure it'll be the BEST FS9 heavy when the patch is released.Lets all stay friends and hope it comes out soon.Simon D

Guest quiet1

I'm sick of people saying we should be patient when we have and still nothin. This whole thing started as one big joke and is gonna end as one big joke. I mean seriously for what is wrong with the A/C and how long it is taking them? Either they are short staffed, the 757 take priority or they just don't give a crap. Or their is some major stuff that even they are having a hard time fixing. I mean the manner and state in which it was released followed by half warranted moderating of this forum because thier has been more posts deleted on this board then any I've ever seen and They also stated with stiff confidence that the end of Feb we could expect a patch. Way to go PSS HEE YAWWWW(edit by Phoenix 1)You seriously ask why posts get deleted ?? :)

Guest NormanB

>Either they are short staffed, Nope, the team is bigger now than ever before.>the 757 take priority Nope, its mothballed until the 777 patch is out>or they just don't give a crap. So why then leave the support forum and website running? >Or their is some major stuff that even they are having a hard time fixing. Or how about we want to make sure the patch does what it sets out to do and therefore are running a considerable QA which still gets tiny fixes (300kb a couple of days ago).>followed by half warranted moderating of this forum How do you half warrant something? Either its warranted or it isn't.>They also stated with stiff confidence that the end of Feb we could expect a patch. That was before I went and head hunted someone who is renowned for being one of the best in FDE work. Simply put, PSS wanted to ensure our customers were getting the best 777 available.

Guest aarskringspier

>That was before I went and head hunted someone who is renowned>for being one of the best in FDE work. Simply put, PSS wanted>to ensure our customers were getting the best 777 available.That should have been the priority 4 months ago. Im usually not one to get to upset over FS but I can honestly say PSS has put a bad taste in my mouth and Im pretty dissapointed with how this whole thing has progressed. I dont think you can honestly say that this release was a particularly great one. I sincerely hope your 757 goes better for yalls sake.

Guest NormanB

Randy,I think you understate it! Lessons are always learned. Once the 777 patch is out I am sure you will notice things are done somewhat differently in regards to future releases. My earlier post is somewhat misleading - it reads as if I only started headhunting in Feb - not the case.

Guest aarskringspier

And I hope you dont take anything personally as I definitley wasnt attacking anyone at PSS's personal character. I think you as people do fine just wish as a frustrated customer things were a little different.