Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot53

We should be patient...

Guest NormanB

>And I hope you dont take anything personally as I definitley>wasnt attacking anyone at PSS's personal character. I think>you as people do fine just wish as a frustrated customer>things were a little different.Randy,I look at things from a customer perspective *all* the time so no, not taken personally!

Guest freelancer

Hello gentlemanWell, i have to agree with quite a number of people here that 4-5 month to wait for a patch (to be correct change from Open Beta which in fact the aircraft is, to Final Release status) to make aircraft flyable (Flyable=safe flight and use of every system without CTDs (Personally flown EGLL-KEWR with 3 CTDs all random and was very angry at the end of a flight. No joy to fly with CTD in the middle of long range event.) Or too big surprises) that people pay'd 40 and some that ordered 2 models even more, plus paints... its a bit close to the line.But to announce previews of 757 thus telling customers that not all of PSS personell working on issue that nearly all of PSS customers are waiting for... it is certainly an insult to customers and way off the line.We are patient, we do understand that patch is imminent. We do understand it takes time to patch it all. Or may be even create some systems from scratch. But please, PSS releases nearly impossible to use product and then announces work in progress for another product without finishing the first one.It would be the same as you come to Rollce Royce, buy their new car and the first minute you driving out of factory you find out that engine heavily overheating and you have to make stops every minute, air conditioning system not working etc... What would be the Rollce Royce first move? To announce that they are working on your car problem while making new sports car? Don't think so.Norman, i think that most of anger and disappointment came out of the fact that your customers surprisingly for them found out that along with patching T7 PSS makes some new product. Ok, PSS announced that its only visuals and model and most of the team work on T7.Please excuse me, but visual model of T7 needs to be reworked completely. I think way too many customers agree with that.We actually had hopes that visuals will be improved too. Instead we have optimistic announcement of Boeing 757 work in progress with beautiful visuals.My first thought when i saw it was... why exactly they didn't make T7 look so nice as they made this 757. Then came a lot of questions and a lot of doubt in PSS.I do enjoy incredible attention to detailed systems in PSS products, very good FPS and very good support.However this T7 story really rises some very unpleasant questions that can only be answered with the final patch.Respectfully

>Hello gentleman>Well, i have to agree with quite a number of people here that>4-5 month to wait for a patch (to be correct change from Open>Beta which in fact the aircraft is, to Final Release status)>to make aircraft flyable (Flyable=safe flight and use of every>system without CTDs (Personally flown EGLL-KEWR with 3 CTDs>all random and was very angry at the end of a flight. No joy>to fly with CTD in the middle of long range event.) Or too big>surprises) that people pay'd 40 and some that ordered 2 models>even more, plus paints... its a bit close to the line.>>But to announce previews of 757 thus telling customers that>not all of PSS personell working on issue that nearly all of>PSS customers are waiting for... it is certainly an insult to>customers and way off the line.>>We are patient, we do understand that patch is imminent. We do>understand it takes time to patch it all. Or may be even>create some systems from scratch. But please, PSS releases>nearly impossible to use product and then announces work in>progress for another product without finishing the first one.>>It would be the same as you come to Rollce Royce, buy their>new car and the first minute you driving out of factory you>find out that engine heavily overheating and you have to make>stops every minute, air conditioning system not working etc...>>>What would be the Rollce Royce first move? To announce that>they are working on your car problem while making new sports>car? Don't think so.>>Norman, i think that most of anger and disappointment came out>of the fact that your customers surprisingly for them found>out that along with patching T7 PSS makes some new product. >Ok, PSS announced that its only visuals and model and most of>the team work on T7.>Please excuse me, but visual model of T7 needs to be reworked>completely. >I think way too many customers agree with that.>We actually had hopes that visuals will be improved too. >>Instead we have optimistic announcement of Boeing 757 work in>progress with beautiful visuals.>My first thought when i saw it was... why exactly they didn't>make T7 look so nice as they made this 757. >Then came a lot of questions and a lot of doubt in PSS.>>I do enjoy incredible attention to detailed systems in PSS>products, very good FPS and very good support.>>However this T7 story really rises some very unpleasant>questions that can only be answered with the final patch.>>RespectfullyI agree mostly, but please, bear this in mind... about the other staff working on the 757. I don't think that they are using aircraft 3d modellers to patch up the T7, nor do I think that the painter is painting some bug in the T7. I don't think these people are needed for the T7 at all since all their work is done. Rather than having them sitting around, they might as well work on the 757. About Rolls Royce, if that was to happen in real life, I will bet you any money that they would get mechanics on it, but you will NOT get model desingers working on that as well, if the designers wehre working on a new sports car, they will still work on it because they are not needed to path up the MECHANICAL problem. It's up to the mechanics to do that.Back on topic... it has been said 1500 times, that all available resources are working on the T7 patch anyway... and the rest are testing it.

Guest freelancer

I agree about Rollce Royce except one thing. If on pictures would be a nice car with elegant styles, some great dvd-players etc and car you received don't have that... i think Rollce Royce designers would work day and night to fix it.Back to topic.Four month is a quite a lot of time to fix visuals on the T7 too. You know what people say about visuals on it and why so small number of repaints done. I personally did ELAL paint for it. Did my best to make it look better, but i can't change the model. T7 visuals not on today's payware level.Its on FS2002 level. At best.Agree that they make a patch, correct. Usual practice with such a hardly flyable plane as released is fixes, many fixes in a short period of time to make add-on at least a little bit more useful.Or to release all-in-one patch. Not in 4-5-6 month period. Way sooner.People complaining not about PSS not making patch. They complaining about PSS taking it enormously long time.Personal results for me in T7 experience will be not buying 757 right away it released but to wait at the very least for final patch to it and then buy it. If at all.Experience is a great thing. :-)Have a great flight simming gentleman.Respectfully

Guest theundertaker1998

See This is a sticky subject.. For one i dont have alot of problems people are posting. Yes the Fmc needs some tweaking and some visuals and the FDE, But i fly mine all the time with out problems, The most problems i have and its not as big as some peoples is the bobing up and down in level flight.Mine is minimal like 3 degrees up and down..Did i read Norman correctly in a post up there about a few days ? :)Anyways since i dont report alot of bugs cause i dont have many i cant wait for the patch .Just to see a difference.Thats all i want it for..James

Guest NormanB

James, The testers sent feedback on a couple of minor (new) issues (fix one thing, break another - its great). Whilst we want it out soonest we are also concious of making sure its correct!

Guest theundertaker1998

Well tell the testers to stop breaking things LOL..You know the old saying. Like i said i fly my 777 all over the place with no problems. I just want the patch to see if it dose change anything on my end..And is there a way to take out the patch if i dont like it?James

Guest NormanB

James,The patch will be integral and worthwhile, so no, short of making a backup first.

>James, >>The testers sent feedback on a couple of minor (new) issues>(fix one thing, break another - its great). Whilst we want it>out soonest we are also concious of making sure its correct!>mmmm..... so why couldn't that be done with the original release then.

Couldn't agree with you more Dougal. I can't hep but think that this bird was rushed out of the door way to early. Five months for a patch is bordering on the ridiculous. If it's taken this long to fix all the things wrong with the plane, it should never have been released. I don't mind waiting a bit longer in order to get the plane working. What bothers me is when I've already parted with my hard-earned almost half a year ago, and still have nothing to show for it.I hope with the 75, PSS will make sure the thing is good for release before actually releasing it, although after this experience, I will certainly be going LDS way.-Phil

Guest NormanB

Dougal,Hard as it may seem, none of the testers (me included) saw the issues that have caused the greatest concern for a number of users. Some of those who have reported issues have since been brought in to test the patch.Phil,I think you can be sure we wont be releasing a 757 before its ready. Thats NOT to say the 777 wasnt ready - from my testing, and it was constant, I didnt and still dont see the issues some folk have reported.

Guest fcrash

>I think you can be sure we wont be releasing a 757 before its>ready. Thats NOT to say the 777 wasnt ready - from my>testing, and it was constant, I didnt and still dont see the>issues some folk have reported.After half of a year waiting for the patch , I don't know if I cry or laugh.Fernando

Hi, Norman.Tell us something about the patch, please, issues solved, some hope about the release... something, this is being too long...Thanks again.Miquel Egea.

Norman, I admire & appreciate your prompt and direct comms on this, and other forums. It far exceeds some other support i've experienced recently. However.... considering it became immediately obvious this release was going to require patching, do you feel that 5 months further on, it's still okay to give customers absolutely no idea when it MAY happen....? Not even a ball park guess. Do you really feel that is okay & acceptable?Phil 'Dougal' Symonds

Guest Phoenix5

There will be no dates/times/days/months given to when the patch will be ready.If we made a statement to say that we expect the patch to be ready by the end of next week/month/year and that time came with no patch released the outcry would be heard for weeks.The patch is progressing, and will be released when it is ready