Sign in to follow this  
kapapilot

777 Problems

Are any of the 777 lights supposed to turn with the rudder?Texturewise, I don't mean just down the belly but also in the tailpipe.What needs to be changed in the aircraft.cfg to change what lights go on and off on the 57 and 77?Nothing in the aircraft.cfg to change idle rpm?With the yaw damper, do you want it on or off for landing, in other words if I want the full effect of the rudder should I turn it off?Again I appreciate your helpAnthonyPS i didn't see your time zone question, US mountain time

Hi,The idle rpm is inside the turbine section of the airfile. I dont know of the airfile currently shipped with the package is the same or modified of the one I made for FS2000 or was it 2002? dont recall exactly. Anyhow, runway friction was higher in that versions, so to allow a slow taxi with medium weight on idle, I (ex pss designer) raised the thrust at the idle table entry.Now, in FS2004 it might be too high, but I doubt it. The 777 engines, and even the 747 fully loaded will taxi, say it for the latter not to fast, are powerfull enough to keep the plane rolling. If you use the hacked sim1.dll, then its even worse as I saw recently.So what to do? get aired, and modify it yourself, or copy the engine thrust table from the default 777.I shall look into it soon when I have some time. Just keep an eye on my site where I shall report.JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE..http://www.jdserver.mine.nu/johan

creep when stopped and on parking brakes is a known FS issue as 'on the ground' dynamics of aircraft are not well modeled.[blockquote]http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=263&topic_id=21480&mode=fullI think this is actually a sort of trade-off introduced to cure another FS9 problem. FS9 has a very high ground friction, which makes idle taxing impossible and this is of course very unrealistic. Some smart guy found a solution however and with a small tweak in the airfile any add-on can taxi at idle thrust, the "trade-off" however is a very high fuel comsumption (sic) at idle and the creeping with parking brakes on. Normally the creeping only happens when the plane is very light though.daniel.alm[/blockquote]one suggested fix is increasing "toe_brakes_scale=" in the AIRCRAFT.CFG file. common wisdom is 1.0 or great entry will have no additional effect.to adjust the air files to perform to your preferences you need to play with low end of the 1506 curves.bob scott, lead developer and support of the tinmouseII 737-200, states the issue very well -[blockquote]http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=253&topic_id=1918&mode=full... the well-known problem with FS flight modeling ... is the constant specific fuel consumption thrust model in FS. If we were to model the ground idle thrust correctly, the idle fuel flow would be far too high. I prefer to see idle performance, including FF, where it should be, and just accept that it takes higher power settings to taxi.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile[/blockquote]Another thing to consider is aircraft don

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Back up the original PSS777LR-GE.air file then paste the new file into the same folder. Making a copy of the original allows you to go back to "stock" in case something goes wrong, which I'd consider unlikely.Jim Harnes

Thanks I would have never figured it out. I didn't know which one of the 2 aircraft folders it was in and it was right in front of me.Anthony

okay now I am having a new problem with the 757, I try to run the fuel planner, which has a wierd Icon just a white box with a blue border and I get an error saying"Unable to find a version of runtime to run this application."thanks for any help you can give meAnthony

I got it to run after the reinstall but the icon is still the white box with the blue outlinethanksAnthony

Guest franksalot

Hi Johan, I applied your 'fix', fantastic result, no more creep. Also, I use Rob Barendregt's Pushback Gauge,the T7 would keep moving forward after I switched the Taxi function off, not now the aircraft stops at once.Ken

Thanks for the kind words..Only the decend is still a bit on the slow side for me, but thats something for the upcomming weekend.JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE..http://www.jdserver.mine.nu/johan

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.