Sign in to follow this  
MM

Team AVSIM Practice Thread #5

Guest sfoofficer

I'll take it. Same route, Avanti. See you all there.Alex

Guest sfoofficer

Almost down at CYAH. If anyone's waiting there, get ready.Alex

yes, the only dirt strip with ILS I've ever seen :)

ETA 13:50zBTW, if the wind-thing in FS is saying 260, is the wind coming from, or headed 260? I always thought it was coming from the direction that was stated there, but when I a couple of days ago saw a wind-thingy on the ground, the winds was headed the direction that the WIND-thing said, so I got confused...

Guest KChapman

The winds are coming from that direction (260). The windsock on the ground will point in the direction towards which the wind is blowing, so if the winds read 260/15, then the windsock should be pretty straight out and pointing toward 080.On your current track, winds at 260 should be pushing you along somewhat, raising your groundspeed.Hope this helps,Kevin

Nice photo, Klasse.M.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest Gnoopey

>Hi Alex,>>The posting is correctly done. The problem is that the Flight>Analysis screen shows that you "reset" the flight halfway>through. (See the arrow indicating where the line goes from>white to red.)>>The Flight Analysis process is not foolproof. Stone>reports that his resetting the FMC for his aircraft "reset">the flight in the FA screen. Others at SOH and FlightSim have>reported similar mysterious "reset" points--where the flight>was conducted properly but the record was faulty.>>Don't know what to do about this right now. Some talent is>being focussed in this direction, and we can only hope.>>Mike>> snipped ...hi folks - sorry to bother in this your training thread - 'bout that dreaded 'plane switch icon' on the FA screenies ... we have no evidence that in any situation where a timezone border is crossed in a 'critical' RAM configuration - the 'pilot' might get a scenery reset which then makes this PSI (plane switch icon) to appear on the FA screen. This can be easily reproduced by setting the time fourth and back by one hour.more to followtom 'Gnoopey' kohler

I wonder if anyone has the Time Fix Installed, and maybe that is why it is occuring? Pure Speculation here, and I'm probably wrong.I still cannot reproduce this.Can someone post a for sure instance of an actual flight where this ocuurs.Between which airports, time, aircraft, etc...We didn't seem to have this problem the last two years. why all of a sudden?Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

I think I have the corrected timezones installed, but I don't have any of the fixes for the wrong time being changed in a timezone crossing.... And I still had a plane-switch icon on a flight analysis screen for no apparent reason unless the fanda dash8's FMS messes with FS's flight planner or something.....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

CYVP-CYFBPositioning FlightPiaggio

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Spectacular light show at altitude.But 35kts crosswind in OVC and 3SM visibility meant for a hairy backcourse landing. Crabbed all the way down to a Cessna (groundspeed) landing in high winds. Got the heartbeat going for a minute.That's why we fly (virtually!).http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/105695.jpg

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1