Sign in to follow this  
Guest DreamFleet

FS9 impressions

yeawho the hell flies the default yucky flight sim planes anywayi hardly fly the default ones, with the excellent quality freeware stuff out there i dont think Micro$haft should bother putting planes in the game :-lol

Guest groundpounder75

I was disappointed when I saw this press release because I feel it is basically a patch for FS2002. I agree with some of the posts that the planes are kind of lame and I don't think they would ever leave my hanger, but I am sure a lot of others will be excited about them. But, don't get me wrong, I will be buying it the day it comes out.

What about current payware add on AC. Thats really all I care about. It saya as long as the developers followed the SDK. Does that mean it will support the aircraft that havr 2d panels. I am not trying to start a debate on which is better but clearly all add ons only have functional 2d panels. That PIC320 hasnt shown up nearly 6 months after they said it would be out so that makes me think they havent got that mastered yet. So is this going to be 2002 with some new features or what?Andrew

This looks outstanding. A summer release?? Let's just hope they don't rush this one. I too am glad the year has been dropped. Ground textures are somewhat unimpressive - sat imagery would be preferable.Regards,Canadian HawkC-GTGK

Have you played Jane's WW2 Fighters or IL-2? :-roll

Guest Vulcho

I gotta say,I also think this is only a patch. But a very good one indeed, (assuming M$ isn't bending the truth or skipping some details here).Historic planes? Come on! Who will fly them? I'll agree, a 707/Comet/Trident would've balanced it a bit, but still. Make some Airbuses, some proper Dash-es/ATRs, maybe a Russian plane. :-lol Yeah right, like they'll consider that one.On the other hand, I am quite thrilled about the weather. And if ATC is really what they say it will be with no obvious bugs like simultaneous/multiple go-arounds as in 2k2, then YAY 100%.And something else, I hope they fix the top down view. I really would enjoy zooming to a globe view and seeing the earth, not some smudged triangles.Overall, I happy. Hey, afterall, it improves the current version doesn't it? I don't care how much it does or doesn't, I'm also going to be at Electronic Boutique or CompUSA in line with my purchase.Alex.AlexNatchev@Yahoo.comERROR:Banner is 6.6KB, 15 pixels (width) above limit. Cannot Display!

Hi, "IL-2?" Il-2 do not have volumetric clouds! they are multiple puff clouds texture all togheter in subtile circle that's appears like volumetric clouds. I have saw them rotating in couple of time but in a subtile way. But they all all great for simulating "volumetric clouds".ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Rojan,I'm quite impressed with the choice of historical aircraft, particularly with the "Winnie Mae" Lockheed Vega. Most of the others (excepting the Vickers) have had several very good examples available from the 3rd party developers for FS2000/FS2002, but a fresh batch of older aircraft as default is still welcome. Having a "...NEW batch of MODERN aircraft" would be inappropriate considering the title of this latest release from Microsoft anyway. Its Flight Simulator: A Century of flight!, so including aircraft like the Wright Flyer, Ryan NYP, Piper Cub, Jenny, and other like aircraft fits exactly what the title says. Of course you must realize that I, like many thousands of other FS enthusiasts, much prefer flying the older aircraft rather than just another repaint of a greyhound bus. Being I am a member of EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) and having a great deal of interest in flying (realworld) antique and classic aircraft, I obviously look at this hobby quite different than the majority do.Bear!http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e485254071b8f61.jpg

....with one blow from their mighty sword, Microsoft has rendered "more or less" everthing done so far and everthing to come this year in the flightsim community obsolete. Microsoft has dropped an A-bomb on the fightsim community. As you read this, "simheads" all over the world are now pondering the next sentences. Now here's a delemia; if you have 2002 with the addons and it runs great, do spend the money, time, and effort to get 2004 up to the same level of 2002? If you have 2002 with the extras and it don't run that great, do you take a chance on 2004 wich SOUNDS like your gonna need a better machine than your running now to run 2004?

I hope the dynamic weather means moveing fronts instead of haveing a different weather system pop out at you (you get to actually fly into a weather system). That would be cool but something is telling me this is more of a patch for FS2002. The current engine doesn't seem capable of simulating weather fronts. I'm still happy with an FS2002 update just the same.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Marvel

I think it's just a patched FS2002 so I'm not too interested on this one. Anyhow it is a good signs that the FS9 stills supports aircrafts from FS2000 and FS2002, that's a good sign indeed since what I worry most is the compatibility of all the addon's made since FS2000 days like 767PIC, 737 DF, Maam's R4D DC-3 etc etc. I hope next FS versions still support old addons.

>yea >>who the hell flies the default yucky flight sim planes >anyway >>i hardly fly the default ones, with the excellent quality >freeware stuff out there i dont think Micro$haft should >bother putting planes in the game >You seem to forget....................... who developed------"Clear windows""Animated wheels""still the best prop arcs""glossy exterior textures""single engine aircraft requiring left rudder on the roll""etc,etc,etc"It wasn't the 3rd parties!Even Microsoft's original CFS1 ---- contained the best flight dynamics of any PC sim, at the timeL.Adamson

Guest abent

What I really liked is the way the clouds are handled around the mountains in the glider screen shot. I really dislike the way the clouds in FS2K2 flicker around the mountains when you are above them. It looked very unrealistic. This screenie suggests that there will be a dramatic inprovement in that area - assuming it hasn't been doctored!I'm looking forward to the new version, especially since they say that FS2k2 3rd party add-ons will work with it.Adam

Guest Joshieca

A patch after two years? Why do you all keep calling this a patch? It's FS2004 so get used to it. There wont be another FS from MS until 2006. So its a long wait for those that don't want it.It will be an improved version over FS2002. The engine will be improved since it M$ will draw upon DX9 for improvements in textures and volumetric clouds decks. How much of an improvement over FS2K2 that remains to be seen...in September when this thing comes out.