Sign in to follow this  
Guest DreamFleet

FS9 impressions

I have to say I agree with some of the post above. People need to stop complaining about cosmetic issues. We already have a good graphic engine, let's hope they really focused on the weather and AI like they promised. People need to stop calling this thing a patch as well because from what I'm reading they finally started listening to our gripes. We already have the graphics, now we hopefully will have the true simulation to go with it. I for one am excited...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I have my Visa at the ready :-) (Even if it costs 100 quid)I just hope all my addons work. Especially SquawkBox and PIC767.

Hello everybody,Phew - now went finally through the whole thread!So when I read that press release I was firstly kinda astonished, I think this is what really nobody expected. Look at that title, at the selection of new aircraft, but when looking at the title I began to understand. But regarding this point I can just agree to many of you, that title just sounds like an official add-on, not like a whole new version. But what about the version after Flight Simulator: A Century of Flight? There's no anniversary to celebrate in 2006, so I think they might revert to FS2006... Still some time to wait, though!Well, I wonder if it would've been better to include at least an Airbus, a Piper or another 'modern' aircraft rather than 8 (!) 'new old' ones. I really understand that title but since it's obvious this sim was aimed at nobody specific, like it's no true IFR sim, no true G/A sim, it's been a sim for everybody till now. With every new release there came new G/A and commercial aircraft, sometimes business aircraft. But now we have 10 new aircraft, and 8 (yeah really, in words: eight) of them are vintage. Nothing against historic aircraft, but it's the question how long they will be of interest. But nice idea though, and a successful surprise. Congratulations!The few screenshots look promising, also it seems great improvements have been made to e. g. the AI and ATC; bugs which many whined about have been fixed and new features implemented. So why complain about anything, they heard on the wishes which have been made in the past. But no too early serious judgement... We'll see.And, by the way, I'm not of the opinion this is a 'patch' or somewhat, hey come on, firstly it's just Flight Simulator 2004, nothing else. Secondly this is the very first official announcement, so what do you expect, it seems it is even still in alpha stage. But I doubt wish lists which are written right now will have any major effect; main features are announced and don't expect too many changes from now on.Ok those system requirements are somewhat ironic like always, who cares. No matter how this thing will turn out at last, be honest, no matter of how much you will complain about this or that, 99% of us will get it, right?Regards and happy waiting, discussing, at-screenshots-looking etc.,Etienne

us 50% (approx) aint "complaining" or "whining", were just not impressed!!dont take it to heart so much!once we all see avsims notes and screenshots, we can go all through this again!its only a game after all.jim

Don't you realize that all of the Forums on the Net have become this way? Those of us who do not agree with the a really excited user are always going to be raked over the coals. Every site has it's own a really excited user forums, regardless of the subject matter. Whoever the moron was that told the one guy to shut up and just not buy the product has one hell of a nerve. Why is it that no one can express their views on these forums anymore? This Forum did not used to be like this. I've been frequenting this board for many years off and on. I've never seen it this hateful and obnoxious. Anyway, I agree with the few honest folks that don't see a whole lot of "new" this time around. Microsoft took it apon themselves to come up with this "historic" theme. I would have preferred to move forward myself. CFS3 took great leaps forward in alot of areas, despite the bugginess at first. It doesn't appear that "FS_Whatever" followed suite. We'll see how it goes, however, I expect no big surprises.Lastly, to the jerk that told us all not to buy the product; Until we see your name next to Tom's or the moderators, show a little respect to your fellow simmers. No one deserved that kind of reply from you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they don't harass anyone else.CH

Guest Joshieca

>>Lastly, to the jerk that told us all not to buy the product; >Until we see your name next to Tom's or the moderators, show >a little respect to your fellow simmers. No one deserved >that kind of reply from you. Everyone is entitled to their >opinion as long as they don't harass anyone else. >>CH Until you have more posts then me you can shove your post, you know where!! This is exactly the reason why I don't post on this forum much anymore. You ask a question and you hardly ever get a real answer back. You post a topic like this and half of the posts are losers with nothing better to do then put down something they haven't even seen yet.Most of you complain about the graphics and the lack of airport gates and this and that and so on and so on....but the truth is that if MS was to implement all of these things your computer wouldn't handle it! It would come crawling to a halt, begging for you to shut down the simulator.Like I said....if you don't like it don't buy. Why don't you go and buy XPLANE or better yet take out a loan and build yourself a professional simulator in your parents basement...and have all the fun you want. Just stop whining about something you haven't even seen yet!

And smart-assed comments like yours are the reason I seldom post here anymore as well. You attack people as though you have some sort of say or authority. Well you don't. You're just another user like the rest of us. I don't know what makes you think you have the right to go off on people like you do, perhaps it's an ego problem. Either way, If I could go back over the past 7 or 8 years, I'm quite certain I have "more posts than you". I got fed up with all of the a really excited user like you and stopped using this Forum for a several months and had to register again. What difference does the number of posts make anyway? The point is that your little temper rampage was uncalled for. I simply called you on it, too bad if it bruises your ego. We don't all have to be impressed with the ATC/Cloud Patch. After 3 all new versions in a row, some of us expected yet another. CH

Guest Joshieca

>And smart-assed comments like yours are the reason I seldom >post here anymore as well. You attack people as though you >have some sort of say or authority. Well you don't. You're >just another user like the rest of us. I don't know what >makes you think you have the right to go off on people like >you do, perhaps it's an ego problem. Either way, If I could >go back over the past 7 or 8 years, I'm quite certain I have >"more posts than you". I got fed up with all of the a really excited user >like you and stopped using this Forum for a several months >and had to register again. What difference does the number >of posts make anyway? The point is that your little temper >rampage was uncalled for. I simply called you on it, too bad >if it bruises your ego. We don't all have to be impressed >with the ATC/Cloud Patch. After 3 all new versions in a row, >some of us expected yet another. >>CH Oh I see YOU can post your viewpoint but the moment I tell someone to stop complaining I can't do it. Right I see. I take it you are another one of these losers that voted for George W right? Hope you enjoy World War III.I am done...you girls have your fun with this post!

>> I wonder why they chose to expel the Professional version!?Hmmm.... just go back in the archives and read the flames MS recieved after releasing FS2000 Pro and FS2002 Pro and you'll know why they are not releasing another professional version.Even though I bought both of the Pro versions and enjoyed the extras included in them, I don't want to see another flame war over the merits of extra features for a few extra dollars. :-ukliam

Guest SoarPics

Well Joshieca, you seem to be intent on offending as many people as possible:WomenRepublicansAny body who might not be impressed with MS's new offering.Folks who have fewer posts than you (what's that all about???)Might I suggest you stand back and take a deep breath.Cheers,

"Right I see. I take it you are another one of these losers that voted for George W right? Hope you enjoy World War III"i agreesorry i think your president is a **$R!!!!

Don't let this poor individual ruin this discussion.I feel that this has been a rather good debate here, minus some of the improper attacking comments.Anyway, go check out www.videogames.com. They have some interesting pictures of FS2K4 on there that may or may not change your opinion.Cheers!

~~~begin sarcasm~~~~~Soarpics,How dare YOU with only 574 posts address "HIM" and tell him to stand back and take a deep breath :-lol~~~end sarcasm~~~~~Way to go Joshieca for taking the thread to it's lowest point YET.CJ PuttKTPA