Sign in to follow this  
arrvoo

Race Practice Thread #5

Assign the normal E key function to CTRL+SHFT+Ealso a good idea to do the same the P and YSlew and Pause are not what anyone wants while flying the baton.

Guest Speed

I didnt think of it as that conservative. I went 0.72 when I got to smooth air but that was right on the barber pole. I guess I need to measure what it takes to trigger Duenna. I'm sure we did this last year but it was too long ago to remember.

I would go even further:DON'T USE THE MP CHAT WINDOW WHEN CARRYING THE BATON!!!It's *SO* easy to sit and chat, then click a button, then chat... Wait! What happened????Been there - done that - that's not going to get you a T-shirt...BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest Jozef_K

My intention was to take the baton to CYYY, but I departed from the wrong airfield (where the baton was not present). I finished my flight nevertheless to get a feel of the Hornet and it's range. The actual flight plan was 593 nm and I had 63 gallons left. When I would have to go around, I would have been out out fuel.Jozef K. http://homepages.onsnet.nu/~jkusters/signature.jpg

Off for Resolute Bay (just shy of 75N) in the pony, in FSX.On AVSIM Multiplayer.On Avsim Teamspeak.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Guest Jozef_K

Crashed on approach at CYCB (Cambridge Bay). Dark and gusty crosswinds.After disengaging the autopilot, the aircraft went crazy and fully out of control. Crash. Enclosed the Duenna for statistics.First flight in the simTECH Do-335 (now freeware). Fast, but not a long range. Has no visible landing lights from the cockpit, so not suitable at night at unlit airfields.Jozef K. http://homepages.onsnet.nu/~jkusters/signature.jpg