Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

2008 RTW Practice #1

This thread is for posting race practice legs. For practice you should assume rules are the same as last year (2007):http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=4341&page=I propose that we try a different team routing than we used last year and attempt to use the North Pacific Corridor (Pacific-N-01).Plan route of flight to the entry point of the corridor:GCRRLERTLFHQEDCDULOOUUYYUSHHZ25PUIII (Start Corridor)UHMMUHMA

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Start of Practice legs.I have the baton.Heading for Rota in Cheyenne IIX.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

What are the penalties for exceeding 1 1/2 hrs as I calculate next leg at 1hr 35mins -1hr40mins with the winds in my aircraft to an unlit runway in the hills in the dark :) eeeek straight in at the deep end :( Happy new year Jeff :) OOps just checked rules and its 2Hrs hehe plenty of Go-arounds to spare :) Sorry

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

I am not making very good time in the Cheyenne. Looks like I will exceed 2hr limit. Expect some time penalty for this first practice leg.

26aLetj.png

Baton is free at LERT. Time penalty would apply in the race.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182727.jpg

26aLetj.png

I have work in the morning . It is getting late here in UK . I will leave the next Leg for someone else . Enjoy :) BTW Jeff just looking at your log file and it shows a long time in overspeed with no error ? any ideas ?

Happy New Year to you too Bry. On the overspeed. I went into my first overspeed at top of climb at FL250. I pulled the throttle back to idle but the fuel flow did not diminish and my speed kept increasing. I had to chop the condition levers to get my speed back under the barber pole. I then used speed hold on the autopilot and it resulted in a slow roller coaster climb to 26,500 with numberous small excursions above the barber pole. I watched the overspeed time increase as the flight progressed and expected a crash at any moment. The crash did not come. I got lucky. I will not use the Cheyenne IIXL in the race.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182739.jpg

26aLetj.png

Guest Captain L

I have the Baton LERT-LFHQ T6/A Texan II!

Guest Captain L

Leg Aborted, Aircraft Problems.

Good afternoon gents. I have the baton in the P51H.

Mike Beckwith

I reflew the leg and this time I made it okay. It may have been a one off glitch. I disconected the RSS news feed I was getting and I lowered the temperature in my computer room. I guess we'll see if it is going to be a persistent problem!Mike.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182744.jpg

Mike Beckwith

Hornet on FS9 going to germany Hopefully :)