Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tf51d

My problems with VOXATC

With the release of a new version, I decided to give VOXATC a try, but have come up with a few problems that I consider show stoppers, but before I write it off, I thought I'd post them here, to see if I'm doing something wrong or need to change a setting or something to get it to work right.1. VOXATC generated AI does not respect assigned airlne gate areas defined in the Airport definition file (AFCAD). Leaving a hodge pod of aircraft throughout the airport.2. VOXATC assigns wrong runways for takeoff, again, not respecting the AFCAD definitions. For example while the normal takeoff runways for Orlando (KMCO) are 17R/35L and 18L/36R, (18R/36L is also a takeoff runway for the West Freight gates though.) VOXATC assigns 17L/35R and 18R/36L for Takeoff and well as landing. Of course I can request the proper runway, but AI still uses the wrong ones.3. It won't work at all at Jim Vile's KATL, but I think that's because of the custom xml code he used for his added approaches.4. The big one, Departure would clear me to my initial altitude, then nothing. After a few minutes I would get a text message to follow flightplan, but no instructions for subsequent climbs or even to change to center frequency. Although I was able once to request higher, after telling me unable at this time, eventually cleared me to a higher altitude and switching me to the Jacksonville Center. After reaching that alt (FL190) again nothing. My flightplan defind with FSBUILD called for FL340. I tried again with an FS Flightplan and same results. So if anyone could help it would be appreciated, else I'll have to skip this one.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Tom,I'll try to answer these best I can.1. The way Tegwyn found to get AI traffic to communicate with VoxATC does not utilize FSX's normal AI traffic routines. I know that he is working on a much better and realistic traffic engine but it is not ready yet.2. Again, see above.3. Not sure but your guess is good.4. Are you using the latest version? You will usually get handed off to center upon reaching your first waypoint and then assigned a step climb or your cruise altitude. If your first waypoint is too close to the airport or too far away it can create difficulties. Use FS generated flightplans, FSBuild has language that can confuse VoxATC.

regarding point 4. thought I had the same problem but not1) make sure you have all the clearance to take off before you do2) once flying, go to your first way point, eventually the simulator realized you are there and everything then works fine.

Hi You will get cleared for 6000ft when you take off then about 20 miles out you will be cleared for 11000 and so on. Voxatc uses some part of your traffic files but it creates some of its own from them files. Tegwyn is at the moment working on other updates. Voxatc will not read the afcads. Hope this helps.Ian