Sign in to follow this  
MSW

Decent Announcment To FA + Other Problems

Prior to reaching the TOD,when I push the FA call button and the dialogue bar comes up, I push DESC on the bar and nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?Also, I can't ever seem to get the takeoff briefing to come up during the taxi checklist. All I get is the departure briefing. Is that the same thing or am I goofing up somewhere?Also what and where is the CCAS takeoff inhibition and where do you set the DH?Would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Let me answer your question one at a time:1. DESC Button: For this to work, a valid Time to the TOD point must be shown on the FMS. Essentially what you are doing when you click DESC (which stands for Descent) is you are telling the FA how many minutes are remaining till you start the descent, so she can be aware of what's going on. In the conversation, you will say an "actual time," remaining to the TOD; FS2Crew does not use a generic time. This adds to the sense of realism. So if if you're clicking the DESC button and no sound is playing, I suspect that your FMS is not displaying a proper distance to the TOD point. FS2Crew reads the FMS, and if the FMS is providing accurate information to FS2Crew, then FS2Crew can't do it's job.2. Takeoff briefing during Taxi. I don't quite follow. The components that make up the Takeoff briefing are found on the Departure Brief Page. You need to click on the "text" to the left of the various selections (Bleeds, etc) to play the brief.3. Takeoff Inhibition is on the CAP (Crew Alerting Panel). Pls see Page 25 of the Flight ATR Orientation Manual.4. DH (for the Radar Altimeter) is set on the EFIS control panel. Pls see Page 106 of the F1 ATR Orientation Manual.Hope that helps,Bryan