Sign in to follow this  
DAL488

A few ATR Issues

Bryan:First, I've said it before, and I'll say it again: awesome job!Okay, a few things I've noticed:1. Sometimes the taxi checklist will be completely skipped. I'll start to roll away from the ramp, and I'll press the main button to begin the taxi checklist, and it will begin the before takeoff checklist. I'm not sure if this has something to do with me taking too long from the time I release the brakes to actually calling for the taxi checklist, but today, the FO actually said "I'm ready for the taxi checklist" and I pressed the main button maybe 10 secs later and he started the before takeoff checklist. Or, could it be something to do with the pressing the Green Button after the cabin ready call from the FA??? I may have pressed the green button just as I was beginning to taxi.2. The Flight Number from the FMC does not get entered into the pedestal flight number location.3. FO just started setting the ADC backwards: he set ADC2 today; today's date is the 27th. I checked my computer's date, and it does say the 27th.4. When using LBS, the fuel callout is always wrong. It kind of seems like the callout is the correct amount but called out in KGS, rather than LBS.5. Passenger Oxygen ON. Procedure question really: Is the PAX OXY supposed to be ON all the time??Thanks Bryan!James

Guest fredo_g

For question number 1, you have to enter the flight number yourself in the pedestal, its not the job of the FO in fs2crew.For question number 4, the callout is trigger by the Transition altitude input in the FMC. To have the callout in lbs the transition altitude need to be 18000, below 18000 the callout will be in kgs.

Thanks for the feedback.1. Okay.4. That's not what I mean. He calls it out in LBS, but it's the wrong amount; almost as if he's still calling out the amount it would be if it were in KGS. Follow me? So, I have 4000 lbs loaded, 18000 set in FMC, and he says something like "fuel 1900 pounds loaded."James

Hi James:1. Make sure you are not releasing your parking brake or turning on your taxi light until you actually start the taxi. Have you by chance modified the panel.cfg so the FA Dialogue Panel always stays open?2. That one need you to set.3. On even days FO sets ADC to the left (position 1), on odd days to the right (position 2).4. The LBS or KGS pounds call is determined strickly on what is set for the TA in your FMC. You'll need to change your units to LBS (I think there is a switch in the ATR Config Manager). Then all will be okay.5. You know it should be off if you think about it. I'll double check it with my ATR consultant. EDIT: Just checked. That way my bad! It will be off in the next update.Take care,Bryan

Guest Bud

BryanI'm having the same problem with the fuel call out. In the ATR cfg, I'm set to pounds, as are my FS settings, I've got transition at 18000, but I still get a wrong call.Bud

Guest Bud

Hello BryanWill do asap - real world permitting. I do recall that on hte last flight there was a disparity between the figures in the fuel loading menu and those shown in the ATR.Bud