Sign in to follow this  
Guest hmatthia

Termination Checklist timing

Guest hmatthia

Had a question/suggestion about the timing of the termination checklist. It seems to me that there should be an indication that all pax have deplaned before this checklist is done. On every flight I have been on, the lights, IFE, etc. has not been shutoff while I was exiting the plane. Should there be a delay and some kind of indication (ie, the lead F/A telling you that all pax are off the plane) before running this checklist? Just an idea. Wouldn't want to turn the lights off on my unsuspecting virtual passengers!Heath

Guest Lobaeux4

That's a good question, I never thought of that. I pretty much just get to the gate, shut off the cutoffs, then have F/O go to ground power, and run the termination, never thought about doing that while pax were still onboard. BUT, in real life flights, I've never seen the aircrew continuing checklist procedure while I was exiting either. Maybe it's because I'm always sitting way in the back, but it seems the Captain and F/O are usually done and either gathering up their stuff or the Captain is standing outside the cockpit door saying goodbye. When I do look in on the cockpit though, it looks like things are still on.Good Question.

I agree that's an interesting question and as I see it an equal good suggestion that you get some kind of confirmation from the FA when all the PAX have left the a/c.Another thing that has been brought up before that I hope will be included in a future update that should be fairly easy to add is that the FA returns with your coffee after offering it to you. Same goes for the "something to eat..." dialog - always feels that you are "forgotten" by her when she never gets back.Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

The FA forgets to bring the coffee... she's a tease, what more can I say! For the Termination Checklist...Good point, turning the lights off on your virtual pax won't make'em happy.What I can do (maybe I can fit it into SR-2) is add another choice for the Lights and Batt Switch items, something like:"We'll shut'em off on the way out the door."After completing the Term checklist, you can just pretend that you're standing and getting all your bags together. You can then simulate sticking your virtual head out the virtual cockpit door. If all the virtual pax have deplaned, you can then shut off the lights and battery right before you make a mad dash for your virtual hotel.Perhaps in FS2010 you'll be able to see the pax in the plane move about... too bad that can't be done now.Cheers,Bryan

Guest hmatthia

Sounds good! Thanks for your quick response. I am really enjoying this product. Now if only Microsoft could improve its ATC so I don't have planes cutting me off during landing all the time. ARRRGGHH!!!Heath